Thread: Getting the rom from different types of files from one .rar/.zip

Thanks

Red face Getting the rom from different types of files from one .rar/.zip

Attachment 36202

Im having trouble combining the different files located in a single .rar file. They are not just simply number files i.e. part 1, part 2 and so on. Ive got both Win Rar and 7zip. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Ack, raw GDI dumps. I have no idea how to handle them myself But I moved your thread somewhere it's more likely to find help.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

thanks

Thanks

I'm having trouble viewing the attachment, could you re-upload it?
    Don't forget the THANKS button on your way out!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What files have you extracted so far????

I presume this has little to do with the extraction and more to do with what to do with the extracted files

GDI images do come in multiple files it's just the way those are dumped, they also can't be used by much at all, you can't use them with real hardware as there is no way to burn them DEMUL & NullDC are the only emulators I know of that can read them

http://demul.emulation64.com/ I don't know how well that emulator works, I only have NullDC for emulating Dreamcast myself and thats more for testing as I own a Dreamcast to start with
    Last edited by Zorlon; 31st-January-2013 at 21:35.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Name:  problem.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  84.9 KB thanks again

uploaded again down a little sorry this is new to me
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 31st-January-2013 at 16:56.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nothing wrong with it it's ment to be like that

Just extract them from the Sonic Adventure 2 v1.008 (2001)(Sega)(NTSC)(US)(M5)[!].zip file

All files are needed to complete the GD disc image

The question is one of the following just pick one or two to answer

What are you trying to do with that?
    or
    What do you think you can do with those?
    or
    What files did you expect to see?

I should be able to help you, however you answer
    Last edited by Zorlon; 31st-January-2013 at 22:02.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Im trying to play that game on an emulator. I did extract the files from the sonic zip, and was left we the 3 separate files. Im trying to figure out how to combine them to play the game, because my emulator doesnt recognize them in their current state. Im using nulldc

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

NullDC can open the GDI file or atleast my version can that is version 1.0.4 r141

You do not combine the files they are individual tracks

The GDI file acts like a cue file and tells whatever reads it what Track files to read and what size they should be and the LBA order
    Track 1 is the normal CD data track
    Track 2 is the normal Music data track
    Track 3 is the main game data track that was stored on a GB track on the inner side of the disc

You are better off grabbing the Mil-CD rip though instead if the GD-Rom dump version does not work

GDI dumps are the dump of the original GD rom disc, this for the most part of general gamers is kinda naff there is very little that supports those unless you are wanting to make your own bootable rip (making your own bootable rip is not an easy task, infact it's very complicated and even some of the bigger groups that do these have had there own failures myself included and I have done a few from cue+bin none Mil-CD rips to cdi Mil-CD back in the day)

Rips to Mil-CD format that work with both emulatiion and real hardware so try http://www.emuparadise.me/Sega_Dream...dventure_2/176 instead that should be a cdi image using the Mil-CD boot method

Rips are not as bad as they sound 90%ish of the time nothing is actually ripped out 60%ish of the time nothing is even down sampled, on the down side some games are down sampled but even so this is usually nothing bad, there are very few games that have anything totally taken out

If you realy want to play Sonic Adventure 2 then go get yourself a Dreamcast and download the Mil-CD version and play it direct on the Dreamcast without any sort of modding

US dreamcasts do not all work with Mil-CD's though, see http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?54893 for more info on that
    Last edited by Zorlon; 2nd-February-2013 at 13:28.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]