Thread: NDS problem, All Mario savedata game gone! fix solution needed.

Thanks

Default NDS problem, All Mario savedata game gone! fix solution needed.

i have a NDS XL type,
    a flash cart R4i v1.4.3
    micro SD sized 8GB,
    i have about 4 mario games, and i love playing them FYI,
    BUT!
    when i saved the game, and i quit the game, turn off the DS, after a while, i turned it on, started the game, and it's gone!
    the savedata has gone,
    WTF??
    i tried this to make sure three times, and it still gone,
    i tried to format the memory, put it back again , played it, and it still gone,
    i tried to play the game, then put it to sleep mode, continue the game, well, because i don't turn it off, it does not delete the savedata, but somebody accidentally turned it off and it was gone again,
    help please, i thnink you guys who played game should know how frustating this problem would be.
    oh yeah, hello kitty game have the same problem too.

Thanks

Does this happen on any other games? If your not sure try to download another game and see if it happens with that too, if so its probably your cart, in which you should look for troubleshooting on the r4 website.

Edit: Also what type/brand of microsd card are you using? Some microsd cards are not ideal for flash carts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    Last edited by K1nG JaY xX; 20th-January-2013 at 16:22.
    Don't forget the THANKS button on your way out!

Thanks

no, just mario and hello kitty games.
    i have hundreds of different games and except nmario and hello kitty, the others work just fine.
    about the brand of the SD card i'll have to look at it first,
    my DS is at my gr place, lol.
    i'll inform you as soon as i get the brand.

Thanks

Have you tried a fresh copy of the roms aswell? Are they ds games or gba?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by K1nG JaY xX View Post
    Have you tried a fresh copy of the roms aswell? Are they ds games or gba?

DS roms not GBA

reason R4 + DSi-XL = no GBA compat

Strongly recommend forgetting the official R4 kernal and switching to Wood for R4 carts if your R4 can handle it [Not that there is such a thing as official R4 since the original team died off years ago ]

For Wood R4 look at http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/fl...56-f31270.html (read the info there to make sure kit will work with it)

If all else fails get yourself a good quality cart like an Acekard2i or if you ever plan to go with a 3DS then the SupercardDSTwo is the next best option (Acekard2i is the cheaper option, for advanced features DSTWO is the card of choice plus one of the few that works on the latest 3DS firmware)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 22nd-January-2013 at 01:17.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Gba on r4.. my mistake, I was thinking dstwo even though I read r4, thanks for the catch Zorlon.

On topic, if your results are definite even after trying wood r4, or if your wanting info on acrkard2i and Supercard dstwo, to put it simply as any..

Supercard dstwo is still highest rated on market because it's usually the first to update and it has many more features than most other flash carts. It has a $40 price tag. But worth it. Compatible with DSi-3DS.
    "DSTwo" site: http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/

Acekard2i is cheaper with a price of $15-$20, high rated for price and it's well worth it. Compatible with DSi-3DS.
    Main site: http://www.acekard.com/

As Zorlon said, if all else fails, but I would recommend getting something more updated, just to keep the problems to a minimum, also the features are nice and a must have once you've used them

Last edited by K1nG JaY xX; 22nd-January-2013 at 03:32.