Thread: NDS error! Disk Errorcode=-81 Solution needed

Thanks

Default NDS error! Disk Errorcode=-81 Solution needed

i downloaded a few NDS games, such as atellier annie, tales of innocence, and witch's wish.
    but when i want to start it, when the ds finished to load, a black screen came up and said
    "disk errcode=-81
    please reset system"
    and i can't play it at all, nada, none,
    thank you for your help.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What emulator are you using

P.S. this sound like you are using a real console if so you want to be posting in everything console and let us know what you are using to play your games (Flash kit) and on what (NDS, DSi or 3DS)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-January-2013 at 13:10.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

ookay, i'm using NDS XL, or NDS LL,
    and a R4i 1.4.3 version,
    actually this problem was fixed by reformatting,
    BUT!
    when i downloaded pokemon white 2, it came up with another error, last time it was errcode=-81
    and now it is errcode=-4
    help?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Update the firmware if there is an update and use WoodR4 kernal instead of the official kernal

WoodR4 Kernal Please do read all the notes on that page and make sure you R4 card is going to work (The thing that really gets me about R4 cards is all the clones and the fact there is no original R4 cards by the original team, hasn't been for years, so to me they are all fakes and clones)

Pokemon Black and White 2 will need AP patching if you have not already done so, before it will be playable on R4 hardware.

If you do deside to get a new flash kit though Acekard2i or SuperCard DSTWO are the cards of choice, if you go for 3DS at some point then go for the SuperCard DSTWO card as the Acekard2i is no longer updated for 3DS compat
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-January-2013 at 15:08.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

thanks man,
    i heard 3DS can't play any pirated games like NDS, is it still can't be played?
    i'm planning to buy a 3DS as soon as the pirated games can be played.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You heard wrong

The 3DS flash kits can't play 3DS software but they play NDS software just fine

Most flash kits are blocked though, myself I used an Acekard2i for a while but now they are blocked totally but I do have the SupercardDSTWO that works just fine on the newest firmware the 3DS has

You have a couple of options though, buy a 3DS

1. Never setup the WiFi or set up the WiFi and just ignore the updates nag both will have Nintendo Shop blocked (Not really a bad thing)
    2. Update the thing but always check to see if whatever flash kit you use works on the update before you actually update it and install whatever updates the flash kit requires before doing so.

Again currently there are no 3DS software flash kits only DS flash kits that work on the 3DS
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-January-2013 at 22:32.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]