http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9c4292d3.png

my fps of Dragonball z budokai tenkaichi 3

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/...psbc3f2e27.png

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/...ps76559651.png

my cpu task manager while was running the pcx2

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/...ps778a3ab8.png

my log file-link

http://pastebin.com/J3ur6UpE

i just want to improve my frame rate . although the game is playable but i want it to run at 60fps. do tell me what are the things that i need to do.or my
    laptop cant run the games at 60fps.

in other settings i can reach above 50fps but in this i can sometimes.i already tickmarked speedhacking and disabled interlacing and using directx3d9hardware and
    windows 8.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Your machine is just not strong enough to handle PS2 well enough

Things you can do though to help speed things up a bit...

Get the latest stable release that was PCSX2 1.00. last time I looked,
    Turn on all recommeded speedhacks, that sounds like you already have enabled
    Set EE Cycle Rate to 3 and VU cycle stealing to 2. - That may stop certain games working.
    Set a very low custom resolution on GSDX like 256x256.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

What about your GSdx settings? judging from your screenshots, looks like the graphic is too sharp, did you disable Native resolution, and use Scaling instead?
    Do note, using custom resolution will drain too much of your computer resources, which makes the emulator runs slower, even with Speedhacks enabled.

Switch your plugins to the latest version as well, which should be r5350, especially for the graphic.

Thanks
    EP Points

Apart from what has been already said: you see the high GS percentage on top of the game window? That means you are bottlenecked by your GPU, so make sure you have native resolution ticked in the GSDX plugin configuration menu. Besides, what's your GPU?

Thanks

thanks for your suggestion. got some improvement now it is playable and also want to know which one will be good for video resoltuion directx9 or directx11. i enabled the native resoltuion also. i already had latest pcxs2.0.1 with latest bios.
    any more tweaks should i do.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I see that you spent a lot of money on your laptop, but a laptop is a laptop.
    What is your GPU?
    Do you have PC3-10600 or 12800 memory?

(I like to use HWinfo for my hardware specs)

Thanks

Your issue is the processor, a 2.2ghz is far too slow to run a ps2 emulator at optimal settings. You'll have to sacrifice how the game looks quite a bit in order to improve your fps. Mess with turning things off and lowering settings in your Video options. On top of it all you're trying to play a fighting game which is highly fps intensive, with RPGs and Strategy games you'll be much less likely to notice a 30-45 fps run.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by kampachi View Post
    thanks for your suggestion. got some improvement now it is playable and also want to know which one will be good for video resoltuion directx9 or directx11. i enabled the native resoltuion also. i already had latest pcxs2.0.1 with latest bios.
    any more tweaks should i do.
    If your GPU support DX11, use it. Keep it on Native, and enable MTVU hack on Speedhacks setting for a little speed boost.

Leave other settings on default.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsume View Post
    Your issue is the processor, a 2.2ghz is far too slow to run a ps2 emulator at optimal settings. You'll have to sacrifice how the game looks quite a bit in order to improve your fps. Mess with turning things off and lowering settings in your Video options. On top of it all you're trying to play a fighting game which is highly fps intensive, with RPGs and Strategy games you'll be much less likely to notice a 30-45 fps run.
    His processor is good enough, those i7 can go faster on PCSX2 if he use default settings and not bottlenecked by the GPU(due to his previous settings on GSdx).

But that depends on whether the game is either CPU/GPU demanding or not.
    Last edited by meganova; 14th-January-2013 at 01:08.

Thanks

thanks meganova . your suggestions are really good. i did all that now my fps has reached 49fps . which is good as well as my gpu resources are now stable at 90percent it does not go beyond 90 today, tommorow it was reaching 100.could it be that more i play a game the better it will emulate or more i will use gpu card which is intel 4000 hd which is similar to ati raedon 55550 in performance becomes more good.

Thanks
    EP Points

Uh nope, it will not run better if you play more or so, but depends on your specs, settings, and the game you are trying to play.

Also, if your laptop heat too much, it will also effect the overall performance.

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new stastics 1.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	36089Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new stastics 1.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	36089

Name:	new stastics 2.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	36090

now in the first one it is custom resoltuion at max recommended . it is playable.
    in the second one it is native resoltuion but it is using more gpu resources which one should i go for now.
    one more thing first ones video quality is very good like hd and the second ones quality is not good.
    Last edited by kampachi; 14th-January-2013 at 02:28.

Thanks
    EP Points

That's up to you really.

If you want a good graphic quality then use custom resolution, and of course this will makes the game runs slower, but if that's bearable for you, then go for it.

However, if you want it to run smoothly without much lags, then enable Native resolution. This should makes the game run at 60fps at all times, but at the cost of graphic quality.

Thanks

okay thanks for guiding . it is playable in 40fps for me . for this game so
    i will be using it like this but if one game doesnot give me above 40fps i will move to native and play it.
    thats it.

Thanks

hey guys i was able to reach 60fps with gs usage just about 60percent.

Name:	my pcxs2 settings -0.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	36132

Name:	my pcxs2 settings -1.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	36133

Name:	my pcxs2 settings 5.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	36134

Name:	my pcxs2 settings-2.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	36135

Name:	my pcxs2 settings-4.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	36136

other 3 pics -

i need your help. it is really required. i bought dell insprion se 7520 laptop.
    its gaming performance is good .it came with switchable graphics.
    which catalyst control centre but i had tried all the versions avaiable in my dell utility disc. they are not stable. so i uninstalled the amd driver and all stuff .
    i reinstalled 12.11 beta driver.it worked like a charm after install i played skyrim with almost 15fps improvemnt which was really good but as soon as closed my this windows pops up. make my life hell. it was there in preinstalled version also.
    which came with the laptop same problem.
    so can anyone tell me any soltuion to it or i have to live this problem every time.
    i play one game reinstall.
    one more thing my dell inspirion came with a07 bios i updated it to a09 which is latest. as some of them it will help but nothing changed other than the gaming performance.
    i have windows 8 .
    please guide my in right direction what should i do.

this is the problem.

please tell me the soltuion. of the problem mentioned above. each time it crashes after i play a game.