Thread: Japanese games not working on epsxe 1.8

Thanks

Default Japanese games not working on epsxe 1.8

HI, I really wanted to play Shiritsu Justice Gakuen - Nekketsu Seishun Nikki 2 (A.K.A the japanese exclusive Rival schools 2) since it's an exclusive update of the original and the japanese exclusive character customization/dating sim mode. But when I try to open the .cue on epsxe 1.8.0 the screen just stays black with the control type stuck displayed on the top right corner. Ive tried different settings and setting the bios to a japanese bios but it didn't work. I wanted to see if it was just this game or all japanese games so I downloaded sexy parodius to test it out and the same problem occurs.

Anyone knows why this happens, A fix maybe? everyone else seems to have no problem playing japanese iso's so Is it just these 2 games that are not compatible?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Did you tried with the configuration posted in the PSX Datacenter for that game?
    What plugins are you using?
    Are you running the game as iso or as cdrom?

Thanks

yeah i tried those settings but all i get is black screen. I even tried the settings on the suggested 1.7 just in case but the same problem happens.

as for plugins im using the suggested ones

video : pete's opengl2 driver 2.9

sound : epsxe spu core 1.8.0

cdrom: epsxe cdr wnt/w2k core 1.7.0

as for the bios like I said, tried all the japanese ones and the standard american ones

and im running the game through an iso or at least trying to.

Thanks
    EP Points

It works here.

Stupid Question: If you downloaded it here You did unecm it? and did you rename the "track 01.bin" to "Shiritsu Justice Gakuen - Nekketsu Seishun Nikki 2 (Japan) [SLPS-02120].bin" (or what ever the cue file links to like "FILE "Shiritsu Justice Gakuen - Nekketsu Seishun Nikki 2 (Japan) [SLPS-02120].bin" BINARY ")

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by te_lanus View Post
    It works here.

Stupid Question: If you downloaded it here You did unecm it? and did you rename the "track 01.bin" to "Shiritsu Justice Gakuen - Nekketsu Seishun Nikki 2 (Japan) [SLPS-02120].bin" (or what ever the cue file links to like "FILE "Shiritsu Justice Gakuen - Nekketsu Seishun Nikki 2 (Japan) [SLPS-02120].bin" BINARY ")
    well it's not an ecm, it's a .cue so I can't unecm it as far as i know. And no i didn't rename the track 01.bin. I'm assuming that's suppose to be some sort of music track for when its in a cd player?

ok I see what it is, The file that was supposed to be executed was track 1 after unecm-ing it.... i feel a bit dumb but it wasn't too obvious. Thanks for helping me figure it out, you guys are awesome
    Last edited by deadlegion; 13th-January-2013 at 08:59. Reason: posts merged