Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital or physical copies?

Thanks

I feel like physical on PC these days doesn't even exist, even if you get a disc it'll probably redirect you to steam or the like. As for consoles... I'm too lazy to get out of the couch

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nhiviol View Post
    I feel like physical on PC these days doesn't even exist, even if you get a disc it'll probably redirect you to steam or the like. As for consoles... I'm too lazy to get out of the couch
    I agree with you completely; not just these days though.
    I've been both a console and computer gamer for most of my thirty something(fudging hell I'm old...) years- and, thinking about it- even pre internet days, I was less interested in having physical copies of computer(not just PC- ZX Spectrum, Amstrad, Amiga- all came before my 386!) games.
    Whether I want to admit it or not- piracy probably had something to do with this. When I was a kid, I'd feel cooler than my friend if he had the original Shadow of the Beast and I'd got a dodgy "cracked" version.
    Also- right back to my NES and Master System days and even further back to my 2600 and intellivision day) the boxes/cases were just more appealing and nicer to look at and display on your bookcase! They were(pretty much) all uniform in size, they looked like some kind of proper collection when you'd got enough of them in a row; but, for me, the best thing about console games over PC games(starting with the Master System, I think?)- was the fact that they were PLASTIC! So much better than the over sized, weird sized cardboard of PC games...

Hang on, SNES games still came in cardboard boxes, didn't they?..

Never mind that... I think my ramble was completely off topic too...

Peace.

Whoops.

Thanks

I prefer digital.

Thanks

Both have their advantages. I like to own things, but I like automatic cloud sync too.

Thanks

physical digital takes up way too much space on memory after a while, plus i don't want these games that take up 45 gigs to be on my system

Thanks

Physical copies were amazing. There's nothing like finding an old manual and going through a nostalgia trip. Too bad they're becoming more and more of a thing of the past.

Thanks

Physical just feels too prone to failure for me. At least with Digital, you can make a lot of backups and everything is available online.

Thanks

Ok

Thanks

digital for convenience, but since most digital requires an online connection for verification, i prefer physical

Thanks

It really depends on the game and the situation for me. Overall, however, I prefer digital because it's just more convenient. Appealing CE's at times entice me to purchase physically.

Thanks

i'd prefer digital copys since physical copies wont last at all. I mean, harddisks arent that expensive today and they have enough space for those few games i want to play every 2-3 years.

Thanks

i prefer digital copies just because you cant damage it physically

Thanks

Used to be physical. Have changed recently to digital for convenience, multi usage at a faster speed. its just easier, plus game sharing.

Thanks

I have always preferred physical copies but I am willing to buy some games digitally specially if they are small indy games.

Thanks

Since I mostly play nintendo games only sort of recently have they been selling digital copies. Personally i've been kind of attached to the physical copy because for some reason it is just more satisfying to have the physical copy to put into your console or handheld rather than just a digital file saved on your sd card.