Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever break a controller in frustration?

Thanks

Oh boy, my poor old Logitech controller has been around for the last 7 years, yet it still works perfectly, talking about build quality! I can get angry pretty quickly ,but usually it does not involve me smashing my controller. Sometimes in the heat of rage I have "dropped" my controller, for instance few weeks ago when I was trying to get all licenses gold in Gran Turismo 2, which I never managed to do because of the difficulty.

My cats although destroyed my brand new controller recently. I had my controller on my PC case and one of my cats likes to sleep there. They fight often so my other cat came to kick the other ones ass who was sleeping on the PC. In the heat of the epic battle the cat started running for the door, but her leg got entangled with the controller wire and boom the controller hit the ground. One of the shoulder buttons was completely broken and one rumble motor inside was loose and rattling inside. Yay!

Thanks

I have broken multiple controllers. I broke 2 controllers because I got upset while playing FIFA and the others were broken by me throwing them at people

Thanks

Lol, "throwing them at people"

I can't cite specific occasions but I have massacred my fair share of ps1 controllers.. Several I actually twisted the legs of the controllers so hard in blind rage that they broke in half, on a good note though I was able to build my own controller from the abundant pieces..

Thanks

Ive broken both controllers, and game discs in my earlier years.

Thanks

Yeh my first PS3 controller chucked it at the wall and it shattered into bits, dented the wall real bad aswell

Oh and another time i broke one was one i squeezed the sticks down so hard in frustration i snapped them lol
    Last edited by deadlegion; 11th-February-2013 at 03:39. Reason: posts merged

Thanks

Back in NES Days i got so good at throwing my controller in frustration i would throw it at my nes and turn it off things were so much more durable back then

Thanks
    EP Points

Only broken one, but it wasn't in frustration.
    I had an old 360 wired that I had to take apart and reassemble all the time. It was from a friend when I said I needed one to emu with.
    Eventually it just stopped working.

Thanks

several nintendo 64 controllers.....

Thanks

Nope

Thanks

Never have I broken a controller in frustration, but I have thrown and otherwise damaged controllers in various fashions before

Thanks

Hah! nearly did i was squeezing the (original) xbox controller to the point where the backing for the batteries flew off and whacked the screen --'

Thanks

Fuck yea

Thanks

its a crazy thing but its very relaxing

Thanks

I used to toss mine in Nintendo/Super Nintendo days. Never actually broke any, and now the controllers for the ps3 and 360 are so darn expensive I've forced myself to reign in those impulses.

Thanks

I learned to be a professional controller breaker form my brother. i havent done it in say the last 2 years but occasionally its happened

LAst time i broke or at least damaged a controller i was playing Smashbrothers brawl trying to get good with gannon playing online.

I ended up breaking the face of my wii than the actual controller. but its all good i got to take the wii apart and fix it which i enjoy doing anyway... taking things apart to see how they work
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 5th-March-2013 at 11:27.