Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever break a controller in frustration?

Thanks

I definitely fucked up two controllers. Sony PSX. I acquired Soul Edge, but as stated in another thread, I really sucks at fighting games, even on easy mode.

And I got some hot temper, too.

So I really lost my cool pretty quick after getting my ass handed to me repeatedly by the CPU.

And I thrashed a pad on Soul Edge. And also another on SoulCalibur III.

That's when it finally hit me : fighting games were too expensive for me. Having to acquire new pads every now and then because I broke the last really hard after losing my temper, I just couldn't cope with the financial costs...

So nowadays, I just don't play fighting games anymore, I never liked them much anyways, and now the pads are pretty safe. Never did broke one again since I retired from fighting games.

I hate frustrating games in general, so I tend to avoid them. I nearly ate a pad recently because I was stupid enough to buy Natural Doctrine, who is hard as fuck and I'm getting my ass kicked in every bloody dungeon. I thought it was hard only in the beginning, and that you could pass by the difficulty by grinding for hours... Except the game is fuckin' stingy with grinding places, you get to repeat stages two times before you're forced to advance to the next story stage... So grinding isn't helping and I'm so totally screwed all the time...

So, instead of buying a new pad after breaking out one due to the frustration, I just decided to sell Natural Doctrine. Too bad, the game looked pretty okay. But that ungodly difficulty is just not for me.
    Last edited by Barthandelus; 28th-October-2014 at 22:26.

Thanks

I broke a few DualShock 2s when playing SF3 Third Strike and Mortal Kombat Deception online...

Thanks

No but I used to make my brother lose the plot big time playing FIFA back in the 90's on the Megadrive. Used to score from a corner against him every time. Good times

Thanks

Not quite a controller, but I once snapped my DS in two :/ Still kinda worked.

Thanks

Never! You got to be calm in order to win.

Thanks
    EP Points

I haven't broken any personally, but I have a friend that got in a kerfuffle with her sister at Killer Instinct, she got so mad she slammed the Snes pad against her forehead and gave her nasty gash and broke the controller pretty good from what I heard.

Thanks

Several times all psone controllers.....

Thanks

I've broken a Gameboy Advance in frustration... For some reason, mine had a veeeeeeeery sensitive screen. Poke it lightly and it goes out of whack. And anything more than a poke... let's just say it looked like someone had spent a long time on an etch-a-sketch.

Thanks

i have broken a wall... with a controller...but the controller is still working!

Thanks

Almost but no dice so far.

Thanks

Errr no lol

Thanks

I've never broken a controller, but beating my step brother at Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition... there may have been some controller flying

Also, my gerbil ate through a Genesis controller cable once. I'll miss you, Misty.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,098 Times in 291 Posts
    EP Points

No, never.

Thanks

My ps3 controller went through the hallway warp speed...

Thanks

never, i just quit playing