Thread: Ever break a controller in frustration?

Threaded View

Thanks

I definitely fucked up two controllers. Sony PSX. I acquired Soul Edge, but as stated in another thread, I really sucks at fighting games, even on easy mode.

And I got some hot temper, too.

So I really lost my cool pretty quick after getting my ass handed to me repeatedly by the CPU.

And I thrashed a pad on Soul Edge. And also another on SoulCalibur III.

That's when it finally hit me : fighting games were too expensive for me. Having to acquire new pads every now and then because I broke the last really hard after losing my temper, I just couldn't cope with the financial costs...

So nowadays, I just don't play fighting games anymore, I never liked them much anyways, and now the pads are pretty safe. Never did broke one again since I retired from fighting games.

I hate frustrating games in general, so I tend to avoid them. I nearly ate a pad recently because I was stupid enough to buy Natural Doctrine, who is hard as fuck and I'm getting my ass kicked in every bloody dungeon. I thought it was hard only in the beginning, and that you could pass by the difficulty by grinding for hours... Except the game is fuckin' stingy with grinding places, you get to repeat stages two times before you're forced to advance to the next story stage... So grinding isn't helping and I'm so totally screwed all the time...

So, instead of buying a new pad after breaking out one due to the frustration, I just decided to sell Natural Doctrine. Too bad, the game looked pretty okay. But that ungodly difficulty is just not for me.
    Last edited by Barthandelus; 28th-October-2014 at 22:26.