Page 1 of 34 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever break a controller in frustration?

Hybrid View

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Ever break a controller in frustration?

Ever play a game or reached a certain tough point that was so hard or so frustrating that you hurled your controller against a wall or something? I'm reminded of this as I just got FFX working in an emulator and...

Well I remember playing FFX on PS2 way back and doing the Chocobo portion with Tidus to go after his ultimate weapon. It was the part of doing the race where you have to get a time under 0.0.00 and I landed right on 0 and didn't get it and hurled my controller against the wall. Thankfully it was a cheap third party turbo one that I had.

Thanks

cool

Thanks
    Thanked 13,299 Times in 1,164 Posts
    EP Points

Back when I was a little anklebiter playing NES games, if I died and raged out I'd flip the controller straight up into the air. I'd then roll around on the floor attempting to catch it. Thankfully NES controllers are invincible, so other than maybe a few scratches and dents nothing ever happened to it. I'm sure I still have that controller around and it's perfectly functional.

Quote Originally Posted by dosa View Post
    cool
    You need a couple more posts before the forum will activate you, 1 isn't enough. And one word posts aren't really cool, if you try that for the rest of your posts, you should expect they'll get deleted.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

never did that

Thanks

No, but while playing Alien Syndrome of my Master System. I got so angry and made a hole in the plasterboard wall. I didn't know what to do, so I opened the loft hatch, it was hinged, and said that it had just swung open at me and I'd jumped back and put my elbow through the wall.

Thanks
    EP Points

@Ragnar: Yeah I actually almost deleted his account by reflex because I thought he was a spambot based on that post alone. Just a subtle warning for you guys.

Anyway, I've only broken shit when I was very little. A few buttons on a keyboard, and a joystick during TFX. I'll never forget that.

Thanks

No I don't.I used to get so much annoy with some games but that has nothing to do with me destroying anything.And never will I do that.How many posts are required for the activation?Please activate me,please.

Thanks

Never that I can remember, but thankfully most floors where I have lived are carpet, so that softens any blow!

BTW how many posts are needed for activation? Please activate me!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by stiggybaby View Post
    BTW how many posts are needed for activation? Please activate me!
    Three, but you shouldn't even see this thread anymore
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

no i havent..

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by lapor_hansip View Post
    no i havent..
    same. I never had many nice things, so I made my NES last me until I did. I did, however; take apart nearly everything else I owned to see what was inside. Sometimes they were successfully put back together but others, not.

Thanks
    EP Points

Never, I used to get annoyed by a few games but not enough to break anything.

Thanks

i cant start post.. can you activate my account? thanks in advance

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by lenrol0201 View Post
    i cant start post.. can you activate my account? thanks in advance
    You can't start a new thread, but you just need one more post. Tisn't hard to make one post~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    You can't start a new thread, but you just need one more post. Tisn't hard to make one post~
    ooh is that soo. well this is it.. about the topic i did break a controller or two because some buttons ddnt work haha