Page 1 of 32 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Games everyone loves except for you?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Games everyone loves except for you?

So yeah, is there a really popular game that everyone seems to think very highly of, but you just can't seem to get into it/don't get what all the fuss is about? Post 'em up here, and tell us why.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Gears of War:
    I didn't like the first one and never bothered with the others, which is strange because I usually like shooters.

Darksiders:
    Played the first one for a few hours and then thought "why am I playing this?".
    Never touched it again, and just traded it in the other day.

I can't give any exact reasons why I don't like these games, I just played them for a bit and lost interest very quickly.
    Final Fantasy XIII is another one that people really like, and I don't. But there are quite a few people that don't like it so I dunno if it's relevant in this thread.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm pretty sure the majority of people dislike FFXIII. It seems to be one of the most controversial FF games.

Oh, yeah. For me it's Fallout 3, GTA4 and Borderlands, because they're boring, boring and boring.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I'm pretty sure the majority of people dislike FFXIII. It seems to be one of the most controversial FF games.

Oh, yeah. For me it's Fallout 3, GTA4 and Borderlands, because they're boring, boring and boring.
    GTA4 isn't really something I like, I guess it's just the theme I find boring
    Borderlands is ok, but I dislike the look of it and some aspects of it (but I can understand why it's popular).
    Spoiler warning:
    I really like F3, even more than New Vegas...I also like Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim (but not in that order).

Thanks

Super Mario and Zelda both were the first games that were popular that bother me for whatever reason.

The first popular game at the arcade that bothered me was Mortal Combat. Why? I dunno.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 13th-January-2013 at 05:16. Reason: posts merged

Thanks
    Thanked 13,299 Times in 1,164 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Gears of War:
    I didn't like the first one and never bothered with the others, which is strange because I usually like shooters.
    I found myself surprised that I didn't like Gears. I picked up 1&2 without even playing them. Eventually I dropped 1 in, and hated having to cover fricking everywhere. I got annoyed with doing that, and attempted to play like I would any other game, and the first level on the easiest setting was unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I didn't like Fallout 3 and Oblivion, I dunno why, they just feel wrong. My biggest problem seemed to be that annoying inventory weight management system, which is hardly bad enough to dislike a game over. I still have Morrowind and Skyrim sitting around unplayed. I really want to like them, but I'm afraid if I try them I won't care for them, so it seems better to leave them unplayed...
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Mass Effects
    Metal Gear solids
    Oh and FFXIII

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    I found myself surprised that I didn't like Gears. I picked up 1&2 without even playing them. Eventually I dropped 1 in, and hated having to cover fricking everywhere. I got annoyed with doing that, and attempted to play like I would any other game, and the first level on the easiest setting was unplayable.

I didn't like Fallout 3 and Oblivion, I dunno why, they just feel wrong. My biggest problem seemed to be that annoying inventory weight management system, which is hardly bad enough to dislike a game over. I still have Morrowind and Skyrim sitting around unplayed. I really want to like them, but I'm afraid if I try them I won't care for them, so it seems better to leave them unplayed...
    The weight problem is easily circumvented via a quick console command, that's hardly my biggest issue with the games. But there's only so many generic, copy-pasted dungeons I can take before I want to kill myself, not to mention the inane quests and writing. I usually just go "fuck this shit" and play The Witcher 2 instead. Like I said, the gameplay is just the height of tedium.

Skyrim is okay for a bit of sightseeing but even that gets old after a while.

Thanks

Could this also be for unreleased games to?

Also can someone please activate me? I never got my e-mail. Thanks
    Last edited by Musicman360; 17th-January-2013 at 13:17.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,299 Times in 1,164 Posts
    EP Points

Don't worry, it'll happen automatically fairly shortly
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Counter Strike... My friends play it all the time, but I just cannot get into it.

Thanks

I cannot play any Mega Man game, or this League of Legends thing. I just can't.

Thanks

The Halo and COD series........I think they are overrated and not very good but my friends and other people fangasm over it

Thanks

Monopoly

Thanks

The Final Fantasy series.