Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast

Thread: First videogame you bought with your own money?

Thanks
    EP Points

First game ever purchased with my own money was probably the ICO and shadow of the colossus collection for the PS3. Although my elder brother and I did buy Killer Instinct for the Snes back in the day with our savings.

Thanks

probably f zero x , n64 games were very expensive

Thanks

Probably Phoenix wright dual destinies...

Thanks

galaxians for the atari 2600 it cost £45 from woolworths

Thanks

Adventures of link

Thanks

Monster Hunter

Thanks

I believe the first game that I bought was Kingdom Hearts 2 but it's be so long that I can't remember haha.

Thanks

Mine was Indiana Jones for the Atari 2600. I think I got it from a Sears "bargain bin" for like $2. I begged my mom to let me buy it and then was pissed at how hard it was for a 6 year old to play.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Can't remember back that far to be honest

Would of been a ZX 48k game (The ZX 80 and 81 I only ever typed in the games and saved them on tpe never did buy any games for that) the first one I remember having though as I used to play it on the school comps at the time was for my Acorn Electron on a tape so used to play it on the BBC Micro machines (It either had the BBC version on one side of the tape or just worked on both machines, agan not sure it was far too long ago) BBC Micro's is what most schools had at the time, it was a football manager game still don't remember the exact version of it though after I got a MSX also mostly got those multi game tapes or text adventures sorta early RPGs

My most loved retro flavors had been the Dizzy games and the Magic Knight games both much the same in that these are early adventure style games oh yeah and a certain 3D (isometric) batman game (some may of heard of Head over Heals, well Batman was much the same just a little older) asides from those again a lot of text adventures (Never Ending Stories is one I remember as I called it never loading as alot of times it just would not load or just seemed to take forever) and Daily Thomson Supertest or atleast one those a kind of kill your keyboard type sports game very fun but killed the keyboard plus the speccy would over heat with that game

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Pokemon Yellow.

Thanks

Pokemon Platinum... And I ended up paying for a DSLite to play it on. Easily Clocked up a couple of thousand hours on that game.

Thanks

Kung Fu Heroes for the NES

Thanks

My first game was sonic heroes for the Xbox, but it kept freezing so I traded for the ps2 version

There was a time that I bought a monochrome gameboy for $10 from a friend of mine. His dad was a little pissed about the deal but he insisted that I kept it, even though I was willing to return it. Oh yeah, that was in 1992 so it was a steal back then. I had a wwf game with it so that's my very first game
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 28th-July-2015 at 10:23. Reason: posts merged

Thanks

psone

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by wei26 View Post
    psone
    psone is a console not a game

I was late for my PSX (My brother had one though so not as if I never played on one before going for it myself [Was still playing on my Megadrive at the time]) but the first game I got for it was Castlevania Symphony of the Night, the same game I wanted to replace and joined this very forum to get a backup of it as my original befell a horrible fate and was no longer playable, but had one of those cheap clone Action Replay carts for the olde PSX that let you play backups (not perfect but fine for a lot of games) in a weird way I am glad my Castlevania disc got destroyed as I joined this forum and never looked back.

So what was your first PSone game you perchaced for it then?
    Last edited by Zorlon; 29th-July-2015 at 18:54.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR