Thread: Xbox questions

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Xbox questions

So I have another Xbox on the way to mod again(I got rid of mine a few years back as at the time I wasn't using it). So, I need to know a couple of things:

-Since I prefer redumps(and checking them to see if they match up with redump.org), where can I get redumps of Xbox games?
    -Since PS2 ISO's are on the main site, how come Xbox titles aren't? I know there was a server crash, but I thought they'd be up by now, especially considering that the system's been dead for five years now....

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Wrong section so I shall move it

For me re-dump have too many missing games

Personally I went with scene releases that also have games missing though not half as much, whats missing from scene is missing from re-dump

Only problem with either is that not all games run from HDD and not all games have fixes either

Pure unaltered dumps is all well and good but some games will need fixes to make them run afterwards, actually can only think of one game being PSO that needs to be modded to be playable without a live account that you can obviously no longer get

I would second Xbox dumps in general though
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-January-2013 at 18:55.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Some stuff was difficult to find even back when more people were sharing games on this platform.
    Still Life is an example of an Xbox title that took me a while to get...and then it was a broken US version (from memory I think it froze at a certain point in the game).
    I came across a used PAL retail copy at the local EB when they were clearing out Xbox games dirt cheap too.

If my upload speed was better I'd share some stuff, but maybe that might change in the future

For the time being the only thing I can suggest is trial and error by getting games from any place you can (ddl/torrent).
    Ftp so you don't waste discs.

Just curious, are you going to hard or softmod it?

Thanks
    EP Points

My trusty softmod kit. With my Copy of Agent Under Fire and my 8MB memory card with Krayzie Save. I've modded a TON of Xboxes with this thing.