Thread: PCSX2 random lag spikes!

Thanks

Default PCSX2 random lag spikes!

On every game I play on PCSX2, I get random lag spikes that drop me from 60 FPS to 20-30 and lag heavily. This is extremely frustrating.

Here is my emulation settings, If any more information is needed, I will be able to deliver.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QJxRT.png 
Views:	457 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	36026

Name:	9RKaf.png 
Views:	553 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	36027

Name:	KbfkR.png 
Views:	364 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	36028

Name:	a76f8.png 
Views:	391 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	36025

Thanks!
    I don't see it being computer problems, considering I run a mid range computer.
    CPU- Intel Core i5 3.00ghz 4 cpus
    Memory- 8GB
    Graphics- AMD HD radeon 6670 (Upgrading to HD radeon 7870 black edition in a few days)

Thanks
    EP Points

What game are you trying to play? What version of PCSX2 are you using?

Since you didn't post it, I assume that you have not enabled speedhacks. Tick the MTVU hack and get back to us with your results.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Thanks

I have tried it both on PCSX2 0.9.8 and 1.0.0 and both cause lag spikes.

and I didn't say what game I was trying to play, because its every game I play that has the lag spikes (Most noticeably, Shadow of the colossus and The Simpsons Game)

Closing programs like the league of legends client and steam reduce the frame dropped when It does spike, but I still have the lag spikes!

I have enabled MTVU hack and that does not fix the lag spikes.
    Last edited by 1096; 4th-January-2013 at 12:12.

Thanks
    EP Points

Did you monitor your CPU speed while playing with some tool like CPU-Z? That's some unusual issue you have.
    Your spec should run most games quite well, in case of SoTC, set the VU Cycle Steal to 3 to gain a big FPS boost.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SOLDIERSeeD View Post
    Your spec should run most games quite well, in case of SoTC, set the VU Cycle Steal to 3 to gain a big FPS boost.
    Yeah, SotC didn't perform all that well on the actual console, so it's important to know what specific games you are trying.

Does your CPU have an automatic overclocking/underclocking feature?
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alakazander View Post
    Yeah, SotC didn't perform all that well on the actual console, so it's important to know what specific games you are trying.

Does your CPU have an automatic overclocking/underclocking feature?
    I do run all my games well when It doesn't lag spike of course, and I did set the VU cycle steal to 3 as you suggested and It didn't do anything, It just slow-mo'd lag spiked.

As for an automatic overclocking/underclocking feature, I am unsure; but considering Its retail, I think that would be un likely.

Oh, and I have monitored the CPU speed too as suggested and the speed is stable, always the same.

Thanks
    EP Points

Last suggestions:
    Maybe a overheating issue? Although it's unlikely on a desktop PC, you can try to monitor your CPU and GPU temp with HWMonitor or the like.
    Maybe a background program is causing it, hit Task Manager and try to kill all unnecessary programs.

If these doesn't help, try downloading the latest SVN from the PCSX2 main page or try to reinstall the latest VCC Redistributable 2010: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=8328

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SOLDIERSeeD View Post
    Last suggestions:
    Maybe a overheating issue? Although it's unlikely on a desktop PC, you can try to monitor your CPU and GPU temp with HWMonitor or the like.
    Maybe a background program is causing it, hit Task Manager and try to kill all unnecessary programs.

If these doesn't help, try downloading the latest SVN from the PCSX2 main page or try to reinstall the latest VCC Redistributable 2010: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=8328
    My temperatures are fine, I have a 750w power supply bronze with liquid cooling. I'm 100% sure there is not a problem with CPU speed or temperature of my hardware. I have closed programs I wasnt using at the time on task manager via processes and same problem occurred.

I have also downloaded a few days ago the lastest SVN as a friend said that could fix it and well, that wasn't much help.

I wil ltry and resinstall the latest VCC redistibutable 2010; but I think that will be unlikely to help

Thanks
    EP Points

Which graphic plugins did you use? can you post a screenshots of it?

and post all info from the logs window as well, put it inside spoiler tags.

Thanks

Name:	FvWlw.png 
Views:	282 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	36049

If this is the graphics plugin screen you are talking about, although I am unsure.

And I've found this problem to occur on some games, and some games more than others.

Games such as The simpsons game I get lag spikes, games such as Sotc all I get is a lag spike and games like ratchet and clank up your arsenal, I get graphical problems. I think this is a problem with what settings I am using, I will have to look into them myself.

cheers for the help.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yep, that's the one.

and can you post the second info I have requested previously?