Thread: Resident Evil: Code Veronica Disk 2 wont run

Thanks

Default Resident Evil: Code Veronica Disk 2 wont run

I don't know who to turn to and I hope someone can offer some help. I've been searching for a solution for a long time now but I have found nothing.
    I downloaded RECV from a torrent site. Both disc 1 and 2 are .cdi. I burned the first disc onto a memorex 80 min disc and it worked great. I saved the game before having to switch discs. I burned the second disc using the same method I did for the first disc. Alcohol 120%- Raw DAO- at 8x speed. When I put the disc when it asks me to it says "This is not Resident Evil Code Veronica Disc 2"
    I tried other versions of the image and different types of discs. I tried using a boot disc but that doesn't work and the game should be a self boot anyways.
    Most of the help I've found is for emulators, but I play the games off of CD-Rs on my dreamcast. I know for a fact my dreamcast play backup games. I am completely stumped and any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks
    EP Points

ARe they US? If they are, trying burning the PAL version, they usually have a monitor settings change, so you can change it to 60Hz to play.

Thanks

They are US, but I don't think changing it to PAL would work. It's not a monitor issue either I don't think.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Fochangles View Post
    They are US, but I don't think changing it to PAL would work. It's not a monitor issue either I don't think.
    Turst me, switching to PAL region disks tends to work more often than not, at least for this site.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try booting disc 2 on it's own rather than a disc change and make sure that works first

If not try doing laser tune aswell

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

This is a common issue with the second disc of RE:CV for Dreamcast. Almost all dumps of the sceond disc found online are faulty rips (the one hosted on EP included) thus it won't boot since the CD is not recognized. I had the same problem playing the game about a year ago on the emulator. Look for another dump on the forums I think someone has uploaded a clean and working image a while ago, but I doubt it's still online.

Thanks

That's what I'm afraid I'll have to do. I'll have to hunt down a working copy and go through several perfectly good CDs too.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SOLDIERSeeD View Post
    This is a common issue with the second disc of RE:CV for Dreamcast. Almost all dumps of the sceond disc found online are faulty rips (the one hosted on EP included) thus it won't boot since the CD is not recognized. I had the same problem playing the game about a year ago on the emulator. Look for another dump on the forums I think someone has uploaded a clean and working image a while ago, but I doubt it's still online.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that share died.

Quote Originally Posted by Fochangles View Post
    That's what I'm afraid I'll have to do. I'll have to hunt down a working copy and go through several perfectly good CDs too.
    Only thing I can suggest is that you try the ReviveDC release:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...46#post1618246

Going by the NFO it's a 700MB version and burn tested.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 4th-January-2013 at 00:06.

Thanks

I'm going to try it. I'll post results here when done.

Thanks
    EP Points

We also went through this about the 2nd disc back in September and I have a working 2nd disc - granted only tested with an emulator so don't know what the difference is but it works and it's a self boot. I checked the link my twin brother Captain Handy posted and it's dead but I'll reupload if you need it.

Thanks

I need. Please reupload.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok I'll PM you the link when it's done upping.

I'll just post it here I guess.

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    Last edited by Ragnar; 4th-January-2013 at 13:22.

Thanks

The same problem with me

Thanks

Oh man the link is dead :/ please try to re upload to mediafire

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by slayman View Post
    Oh man the link is dead :/ please try to re upload to mediafire
    Please try requesting in the ROM & ISO Requests rather than reviving a help thread that is almost a year old, someone is sure to help you.

As it happens I have both discs of the GDI dump already uploaded and the links still work found at http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?85729

at least nothing is ripped from the GDI dump unless you are wanting it for real hardware then just make a request for the rip of your choice, the RDC or the DCRES are the best ones done (so far) and do work through the entire game, but are rips (down-sampled video's the intro on disc 1 and a few in-game FMV's on disc 2.)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-November-2013 at 22:58.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR