Page 7 of 266 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757107 ... LastLast

Thread: The Welcome To 2013-Fart Out: Veggies? Meat? Pigeon Meat!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    I think people have noticed I'm quiet and awkward. I've been there 9 months now and there's only about 3 people I can have a conversation with.
    Stop being such a poofter mate. Come finish this bottle of wine with me and then we can fuck. That'll knock the queerness out of you. Or stuff more into you. I'm not quite sure.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm VERY self conscious.

I'm also really awkward to talk to, I get flustered and say ridiculous things. I have no social skills at all.
    I've been there. It's kind of a vicious circle, really. You don't talk to people because you're shy and awkward, and thus you don't really develop experience at speaking to people, which drives you further into your shell, and... well... yeah. Ultimately, I think you just need to push through that shyness, even if it's difficult, and force yourself to speak up and chat to people. If it helps, almost anyone who has been there, myself included, will tell you that it does get easier the more you do it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by D View Post
    Stop being such a poofer mate. Come finish this bottle of wine with me and then we can fuck. That'll knock the queerness out of you. Or stuff more into you. I'm not quite sure.
    Unsure if want.

Just cos you didn't bone anyone last year doesn't mean I want to do you this year.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    I've been there. It's kind of a vicious circle, really. You don't talk to people because you're shy and awkward, and thus you don't really develop experience at speaking to people, which drives you further into your shell, and... well... yeah. Ultimately, I think you just need to push through that shyness, even if it's difficult, and force yourself to speak up and chat to people. If it helps, almost anyone who has been there, myself included, will tell you that does get easier the more you do it.
    Quite a few people say the usual stuff, good morning/alright? etc. But only a couple push me for a conversation. The ones that do, I'm alright with talking to now. If they just say alright/bye then I can't talk to them.

Thanks
    EP Points

Also, me of all people giving advice to someone on how to make friends and be sociable. What the hell has the world come to?

Thanks
    EP Points

Also, me of all people giving advice to someone on how to make friends and be sociable. What the hell has the world come to?
    I don't know, but I appreciate it.

I tell myself every morning I'm going to talk to people today...

Never happened.

Thanks
    EP Points

This is a feel I am familiar with.

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    Download Links:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quite a few people say the usual stuff, good morning/alright? etc. But only a couple push me for a conversation. The ones that do, I'm alright with talking to now. If they just say alright/bye then I can't talk to them.
    If they don't start a conversation with you, you can always start one with them. I know it's kind of daunting to put yourself forward like that when you're already self conscious and worried that people aren't going to like you, but the vast majority of people probably aren't going to think less of you just for making conversation with them. And the people who are probably aren't worth your time. :'D

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm VERY self conscious.

I'm also really awkward to talk to, I get flustered and say ridiculous things. I have no social skills at all.
    Look man, one thing I don't like to sound like is a preacher, one who talks down to others. It makes me feel as if I'm patronising the other person. However, I hope you don't take it that way. I feel on this occassion, I can give advice out of experience.

I was not how you would say a recluse - I wasn't afraid to be around people - but I had and still have trust issues; I would speak if spoken to but not start a conversation with them or tell anyone about myself. A few people remarked when they heard me talk for the longest duration at a time. I began to look around and think why those guys are having so much fun and going places and I wasn't, and I kinda snapped in a way that I thought fuck it, this is not our life, this is mine. With that, I started becoming more vocal (more physical as well lol, I don't mean that in a sexual way either), just felt like I needed to vent and it paid off. It built character, got me heard and enabled me to move more freely in my personal life and professionally.

I wouldn't regard anyone on here as a real friend because I haven't met them in person. Even the majority of people I do know personally, I think twice about letting them know certain things. Good people come few and far, and people only learn this the hard way. Once you find these good people who stick with you through thick and thin, though, please, be sure to stay in touch with them. A good friend is a blessing.

Thanks
    EP Points

Happy Jew Year.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Download Links:
    Download Links:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Oh, anyway, I'm not saying you should become violent, but remember everything you do will be necessary to benefit yourself.

Don't worry so much about starting conversations, just get drawn into some yourself. Don't crack jokes, either, because they might seem only funny to you. You will learn through experience how to act the rest of the way.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Unsure if want.

Just cos you didn't bone anyone last year doesn't mean I want to do you this year.
    Aww you scaredy cat! I'm bisexual of course you want darling. FYI I just counted I had 7 women in 2012 and I've had one so far in 2013. No men though, ever. (Un)Fortunately. Love you Dan baby!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Try screaming when no-one's around, too. It helps.

Thanks
    EP Points

4:11AM, and I'm accompanying a friend to a hospital appointment at 8AM. This is what Christmas does to me. :'D Had better go and grab an hour or two of sleep. See you all around~