Page 6 of 266 FirstFirst 12345678910111656106 ... LastLast

Thread: The Welcome To 2013-Fart Out: Veggies? Meat? Pigeon Meat!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    That sounded so negative and horrible. When I said I don't class them as "real friends". Of course I class them as friends.

All I meant was I want at least one "proper real life friend" that I can hang around with and stuff. As awesome as my online friends are, I can't hang out with them.
    Aww, no, I understood what you meant completely. I feel the same way. I think you can be just as close to online friends as offline ones, but when there's that much distance between you, things are always going to be a little bit different. You need people close to you that you can actually see, talk to and hang out with every day.

Thanks
    EP Points

Dan if I ever end up in England I'll visit the shit out of you. We can even play your drivan shootan games together.

Thanks
    EP Points

I've met at least two fantastic people through Twitter. Unfortunately one lives in Wigan and the other's around 50 miles away.

They're both brilliant people though.
    You should try and meet up sometime! If coming to the other end of the world has taught me anything, it's that the world really isn't that big a place in this day and age. Doubly so if you and your friends are in the same country!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    You should try and meet up sometime! If coming to the other end of the world has taught me anything, it's that the world really isn't that big a place in this day and age. Doubly so if you and your friends are in the same country!
    She lives about a mile away from where my ex lives. I think it may bring up a lot of bad memories.

But she's awesome, I definitely do want to meet her eventually!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yeah, what Rok said. You have to start somewhere even if you believe you are socially inept at present; it's the only way you are going to improve. Patience, trial and error.

You have to think what you would have to lose if you did engage in a conversation about cars with that person you spoke of earlier - nothing, right?

Thanks

She lives about a mile away from where my ex lives. I think it may bring up a lot of bad memories.

You best get on that sometime this year son

2013 mane

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Varun Highwind View Post
    Well i was unable to learn it for a long time bcoz of lack of resources. In the beginning the only way to learn it was thru an anime show ~ Digimon trilogy which aired here around 8 years back. It was from this show that i learned Katakana but it was limited too,so couldn't get any further. It was only lately when i got my P.C. & then i was able to get the tools to learn it.
    Aww, yeah, the internet makes learning languages sooooo much easier. Learning a language yourself without living in the country must have been a total nightmare for people of previous generations.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Curses View Post
    Yeah, what Rok said. You have to start somewhere even if you believe you are socially inept at present; it's the only way you are going to improve. Patience, trial and error.

You have to think what you would have to lose if you did engage in a conversation about cars with that person you spoke of earlier - nothing, right?
    Don't wanna look a tit in front of work colleagues.

We did talk about car insurance one day, he asked if I had a car yet, said I can't afford one yet, he started asking about quotes and stuff. But the conversation ended after a few sentences, lol

Thanks
    EP Points

Because of the distance and me working all the time. I was going to see if she wants to hang out when I can next have a holiday from work.

Thanks
    EP Points

Create good memories with her, and the bad ones will quickly go away, I'm sure.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

We did talk about car insurance one day, he asked if I had a car yet, said I can't afford one yet, he started asking about quotes and stuff. But the conversation ended after a few sentences, lol
    You not wanting to look a tit is a mistake right there.

If you take yourself too serious or are so self-conscious, you're gonna come across as awkward. Who's to say they don't think you're a tit right now, a very quiet one at that?

Thanks
    EP Points

You not wanting to look a tit is a mistake right there.

If you take yourself too serious or are so self-conscious, you're gonna come across as awkward. Who's to say they don't think you're a tit right now, a very quiet one at that?
    I'm VERY self conscious.

I'm also really awkward to talk to, I get flustered and say ridiculous things. I have no social skills at all.

Thanks

I would say keep pressing on anything that has to do with cars

like, EVERYTHING

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    EP Points

If you take yourself too serious or are so self-conscious, you're gonna come across as awkward.
    I agree with this. I've learned over the last however many years that being awkward and clearly uncomfortable alienates people a lot more than talking does. Well... of course it depends what you talk about, but generally speaking. Of course you don't have to be loud either. It's fine to be quiet, if you're happy like that. But if your being quiet is clearly the result of you not being comfortable, people will notice that, and it'll put them on edge.

Thanks
    EP Points

I think people have noticed I'm quiet and awkward. I've been there 9 months now and there's only about 3 people I can have a conversation with.