Page 5 of 266 FirstFirst 123456789101555105 ... LastLast

Thread: The Welcome To 2013-Fart Out: Veggies? Meat? Pigeon Meat!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Varun Highwind View Post
    I've been learning japanese from the last 8 years, but not that frequently. I just know few of the basics such as hiragana & katakana etc. & also trying to understand kanji words.
    Aww, yeah, unfortunately you kind of need to approach a language with regularity if you want to get good at it. It's the same problem I've had in every language I've studied except Japanese, actually. :'D I keep getting distracted by other languages and ditching whichever one I happen to be focused on at a given time.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Varun Highwind View Post
    I tried to read this.
    Does it have something to do with japanese language,skype & native?
    Yep!

"And also, let's talk on Skype in Japanese sometimes♪ I'm not a native, but I'm always happy to be a conversation partner for you☆"

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    Aww, sorry to hear that. :/ It always sucks to find out people aren't who you thought they were. Like you say, though, I think you're better off without friends like that. And you're a really nice guy! You'll quickly make new friends, I'm sure~
    If I could actually talk to people, yeah I would.

I've been friendless for like 4 years or something now. Don't even care any more. I'm used to my own company.

I have met some fantastic people online that I class as friends, but I've never met them, so I don't count them as "proper" friends if you will?

Thanks
    EP Points

Aww, yeah, unfortunately you kind of need to approach a language with regularity if you want to get good at it. It's the same problem I've had in every language I've studied except Japanese, actually. :'D I keep getting distracted by other languages and ditching whichever one I happen to be focused on at a given time.
    Well i was unable to learn it for a long time bcoz of lack of resources. In the beginning the only way to learn it was thru an anime show ~ Digimon trilogy which aired here around 8 years back. It was from this show that i learned Katakana but it was limited too,so couldn't get any further. It was only lately when i got my P.C. & then i was able to get the tools to learn it.

The password for my upload's is "caidsncer". If you love my uploads,then hit the "THANX" button.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post

I've been friendless for like 4 years or something now. Don't even care any more. I'm used to my own company.

I have met some fantastic people online that I class as friends, but I've never met them, so I don't count them as "proper" friends if you will?
    If you're fine with your own company then you should be fine

I personally need people to talk to occasionally even though I can be fine by myself sometimes

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    EP Points

I'd love at least one true friend, preferably one into the same things as me. But I'm crap at talking to people. There are so many nice people at work, I just can't have a conversation

Thanks
    EP Points

Haha, I still have that problem sometimes. :'D It's the problem with learning a language to quite a high level, but learning it largely in the context of fantastical media rather than as it relates to real life. You know all these really complicated words for all sorts of strange things, but sometimes lack the words to describe the mundane stuff around you in your daily life. :'D I guess I'm getting more of that both by living here and by reading lots of books set in the real world as opposed to the largely fantasy-based RPGs I used to learn from.

Fairly ordinary, everyday visual novels like the To Heart games might be good for that? Set in the real world, with characters doing very ordinary things, and lots of narration. Don't know if they're really any good or not, but yeah~

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    Yeah, I think something's wrong when I know various different expression for murdering monsters... 排除、 退治、 討伐、撃破、the list could go on.

Download Links:

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm pretty sure one of the guys at work is into his cars as well.

I've known this for like 3 months, still haven't talked to him about cars at all. :/

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rok124 View Post
    How are you learning so many languages? through books or through classes (or rosetta stone?)
    Japanese was night classes once a week and a lot of self-study via videogames, grammar textbooks and novels, plus however long I've lived here for now (three months?). French was high school (which I promptly forgot all of) plus one year of self-study and a couple of months of conversation classes here. Russian was about three months of university, but I withdrew from it because I was having personal problems at the time. Mandarin Chinese was my first year of university, and extremely bitty self-study after that (I really wanted to continue it, but there were timetable clashes). Korean was self-study with grammar textbooks and the internet, but it was kind of pushed out of my brain by Chinese when I started university. Italian and Spanish I've never studied, but sometimes sort of fake my way through based on my knowledge of French and my being an arrogant brat who thinks speaking one romance language means she can speak them all. :'D

To be honest, though, the only one I know is English. I can read Japanese and French quite confidently, but I don't speak them that well, and I never really reached anything above mastering the very basics of the others. Languages are kind of just a hobby for me, and I don't think I'll ever be one of these people who actually speaks seven or eight of them fluently.

Thanks
    EP Points

I had the same problem for the longest time. Now I have tons of friends, and I'm actually pretty sociable. You can change, and you can learn to talk to people, even if it's difficult right now.

I consider my online friends real friends insofar as that I care about them like real friends, but yeah, there are certainly ways in which they can't be there for you as real life friends can. I think it's hard to live with just online friends, as lovely as they can be.

Thanks
    EP Points

I had the same problem for the longest time. Now I have tons of friends, and I'm actually pretty sociable. You can change, and you can learn to talk to people, even if it's difficult right now.

I consider my online friends real friends insofar as that I care about them like real friends, but yeah, there are certainly ways in which they can't be there for you as real life friends can. I think it's hard to live with just online friends, as lovely as they can be.
    That sounded so negative and horrible. When I said I don't class them as "real friends". Of course I class them as friends.

All I meant was I want at least one "proper real life friend" that I can hang around with and stuff. As awesome as my online friends are, I can't hang out with them.

Thanks

I'd love at least one true friend, preferably one into the same things as me. But I'm crap at talking to people. There are so many nice people at work, I just can't have a conversation
    Its like taking a big risk, and with practice you can get better at having good conversations

im still learning, shit man, im only like 16 anyways

once you create a connection its almost like it needs to grow constantly or else it will die out with the quickness

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    EP Points

I've met at least two fantastic people through Twitter. Unfortunately one lives in Wigan and the other's around 50 miles away.

They're both brilliant people though.

Thanks
    EP Points

That sounded so negative and horrible. When I said I don't class them as "real friends". Of course I class them as friends.

All I meant was I want at least one "proper real life friend" that I can hang around with and stuff. As awesome as my online friends are, I can't hang out with them.
    All these things about being friendless makes me very sad.
    I faced this thing for my whole life as i had Socio-Phobia

The password for my upload's is "caidsncer". If you love my uploads,then hit the "THANX" button.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Yeah, I think something's wrong when I know various different expression for murdering monsters... 排除、 退治、 討伐、撃破、the list could go on.

Download Links:
    This is a feel I am familiar with.

Download Links: