Page 114 of 266 FirstFirst ... 1464104109110111112113114115116117118119124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 3981

Thread: The Welcome To 2013-Fart Out: Veggies? Meat? Pigeon Meat!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
    So, how is Ebay? Is it good at all? I was wondering 'cause after you said that Beez, it made me wanna look through. And I found good deals. Is it as safe as Amazon????
    Depends who you buy from.

It's a risk just like buying anything online, but if you stick to people with high feedback percentage (my personal rule of thumb is >98%) and who have done multiple transactions (I tend to stay away from people who have less than 100 feedback, unless they're offering a one-of-a-kind item that is worth the gamble for me). But it's not a store like Amazon is, unless you're referring to the "buy used" section of Amazon, which I personally hate.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
    So, how is Ebay? Is it good at all? I was wondering 'cause after you said that Beez, it made me wanna look through. And I found good deals. Is it as safe as Amazon????
    It's safe. You just have to be conscious about what you're buying. Read the description, make sure there's a decent amount of pics. Also, make sure to check the seller's rating and recent transaction feedback. I usually never buy from a seller with a rating below 95%. Even then only if there hasn't been any recent neg feedback.

I buy all the time from eBay and I've never been scammed or screwed over by a seller.

Thanks
    EP Points

Watching MST3k, Monster a go-go.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
    What rare game is that? Did you post it in recent purchases?

Large shelves are a must have. Especially since it seems like you're going to be filling them up fairly fast.
    No, I didn't post this one 'cause it's quite expensive, and I'm still a bit in shock about how much money I spent. I've basically maxed out my Mastercard buying games this last month. I'm keeping it as a surprise until I actually have it in my hands, because I'm still trying to convince myself it was a strange dream.

Trust me, though, you'll shit.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    No, I didn't post this one 'cause it's quite expensive, and I'm still a bit in shock about how much money I spent. I've basically maxed out my Mastercard buying games this last month. I'm keeping it as a surprise until I actually have it in my hands, because I'm still trying to convince myself it was a strange dream.

Trust me, though, you'll shit.
    Oooh, the suspense is killing me!

Probably not as much as it is killing you though.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

...rating below 95%...
    If a rating is that low, I personally seek out all of the negative feedbacks and see what the problem was. If he was given bad feedback for items not arriving a number of times, I won't take the chance and will find another buyer. However, for some things like "items weren't as described, terrible seller, yadda-yadda," I usually go by the axiom "if there are pictures, I will bid based on what I see in the pictures." Unless they have a number of high-quality close-ups on the auction, the item will almost always look worse in your hands than it did in the pictures. Especially if it was already in a semi-rough condition anyways.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well, now that I've heard what you guys said, I've been listening to a lot of people.

I think I'll be searching for some games and consoles on Ebay next time I get paid, I like what I'm seeing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Oooh, the suspense is killing me!

Probably not as much as it is killing you though.
    God no, it's tearing me apart. Especially since I'm at work until 6PM for the next two days, so I won't even be here if the mail arrives to pick it up and will probably have to wait another day to go to the post office. The worst are when an item arrives on Friday and I'm not here, and I get the little notice thing telling me that I have to wait until Monday after 1PM to get it. Because fuck me, that's why.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm thinking with my tax return, I might take a couple bucks and use it to buy some boxed accessories, though, like a CIB Zapper and a couple of CIB Controllers. And yes, I appear to be going for a CIB collection wherever financially possible, which probably isn't a great idea.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Also, depending how much I actually get paid tonight, I might buy a bunch more games from a site. But I'm trying to convince myself to spend another $300, which is extremely difficult to do after already spending over $1000 on games in the last month.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

This has just devolved into a thread of me convincing myself to spend more and more money on video games until I go broke, crawl into a ditch and die a penniless death, isn't it?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If a rating is that low, I personally seek out all of the negative feedbacks and see what the problem was. If he was given bad feedback for items not arriving a number of times, I won't take the chance and will find another buyer. However, for some things like "items weren't as described, terrible seller, yadda-yadda," I usually go by the axiom "if there are pictures, I will bid based on what I see in the pictures." Unless they have a number of high-quality close-ups on the auction, the item will almost always look worse in your hands than it did in the pictures. Especially if it was already in a semi-rough condition anyways.
    Agreed 100%

I just say 95% because I will just totally ignore anything below that.

God no, it's tearing me apart. Especially since I'm at work until 6PM for the next two days, so I won't even be here if the mail arrives to pick it up and will probably have to wait another day to go to the post office. The worst are when an item arrives on Friday and I'm not here, and I get the little notice thing telling me that I have to wait until Monday after 1PM to get it. Because fuck me, that's why.
    Yeah, that definitely sucks. I guess If you were living in a house it might be a little different. The mail carrier usually just leaves packages on the front porch. Unless it specifically says that it needs a signature.

Still, having to wait until Moday should build up the suspense to an even greater degree.

I'm thinking with my tax return, I might take a couple bucks and use it to buy some boxed accessories, though, like a CIB Zapper and a couple of CIB Controllers. And yes, I appear to be going for a CIB collection wherever financially possible, which probably isn't a great idea.
    Yeah, when it comes to systems and accessories I prefer CIB all the way. I already have a decent Sega Saturn boxed accessory collection forming. Just need to find more box-only auctions on eBay. It's really going to be hard to find a box for my CDi though.

Also, depending how much I actually get paid tonight, I might buy a bunch more games from a site. But I'm trying to convince myself to spend another $300, which is extremely difficult to do after already spending over $1000 on games in the last month.
    You won't hear me trying to convince you not to buy video games. If you can still buy everything you need for the next two weeks after you spend that $300. Then I say do it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

This has just devolved into a thread of me convincing myself to spend more and more money on video games until I go broke, crawl into a ditch and die a penniless death, isn't it?
    No, I'm helping too.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

OSX running on the dell, but wifi is still down. Anyone know about root users and patching drivers?
    Its actually pretty fast, considering.

Thanks
    EP Points

Buy more games, you deserve it. I'm not going to tell you to stop buying games, cause I'm an enabler. I can't wait to find out what this game is.