Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Year's Resoulutions thread (unless said otherwise)

Thanks

Default New Year's Resoulutions thread (unless said otherwise)

Speak your Resolutions, NAO

or unless you guise are gonna use that other thread, then this should get taken down.

whats mine?

Become more confident, to the borderline point of being arrogant

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    Blog Entries

No resolutions for me seeing as I believe any given time is an opportunity to reform and I shouldn't have to give myself 365 days to apply change.

If I had to name one improvement needed, it would be tidy up my sleeping pattern which has been messed up for the past few weeks; let's keep it achievable. I totally missed our entrance into the New Year because I thought I was competent enough to lay my head down for half-an-hour before attending the firework display - how wrong I was.

Thanks
    EP Points

I will finally make my Facebook account this year!!

The password for my upload's is "caidsncer". If you love my uploads,then hit the "THANX" button.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

I'm perfectly fine with everything within my control in my life.
    Outside of that, uhhh, I could use super powers. So I resolve to develop super powers. I'm not really picky about the type, x-ray vision, speed, strength or whatever. These things happen by fluke, so it's not like I'd have a choice anyways. Wanting them would seem like a good enough first step. Maybe working out some could help the probability of developing super strength? Imma doing some pushups now...
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Outside of that, uhhh, I could use super powers. So I resolve to develop super powers. I'm not really picky about the type, x-ray vision, speed, strength or whatever. These things happen by fluke, so it's not like I'd have a choice anyways. Wanting them would seem like a good enough first step. Maybe working out some could help the probability of developing super strength? Imma doing some pushups now...
    Imma firin mah lazer already.

Thanks
    EP Points

- Save around £15000 (or as close to it as I can manage)

- Work up the courage to accept the paid internship I was offered with a translation company here over the spring

- Attain conversational fluency in Japanese, continue to improve my French, and start studying Korean

- Decide on my dissertation topic

- Start sleeping from 1AM to 8AM regularly (at least once the awful sleep pattern I'm in just now is fixed... :'D)

- While I'm in Japan, spend less time with other English native speakers and more with my Japanese friends

- Start doing assignments sooner than two hours before the deadline

- Cut out pointless internet browsing, and limit myself to only using the internet when I have a purpose in mind (even if it's as simple as just talking to the residents of my favourite forum~ )

- Play at least an hour of piano every day

- Play more games, and finish more than the two I did this year, both of which were replays :'D

- Start reading for fun in English again, and continue to read in Japanese and French

- Take a trip to South Korea before I head home in August

- Continue to grow happier and healthier, continue to make lots of new friends, and continue to live more and more the sort of life I want to lead

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

• Start going to sleep at a reasonable hour every night, regardless of what time I work the next day.
    • Try a new recipe once a month
    • Go back to school
    • Find a "local hangout," like a coffee shop or something, and go there on a consistent basis in a vain attempt to meet new people

And probably a good half dozen other more worthwhile ones. Essentially, I need to take better care of myself and start actively trying to meet new people. Everything else I'm happy with.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    - Work up the courage to accept the paid internship I was offered with a translation company here over the spring
    I don't know your circumstances and available free time over there, but this sounds like a fantastic opportunity. Gogogo, doitdoitdoit.

Anyway, I don't really do resolutions. I guess my main goal for this year right now is to get semi-pro at Japanese. And stuff.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I guess the only thing i want to do this year is lose 20-30 pounds and get back to around 190.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I don't know your circumstances and available free time over there, but this sounds like a fantastic opportunity. Gogogo, doitdoitdoit.

Anyway, I don't really do resolutions. I guess my main goal for this year right now is to get semi-pro at Japanese. And stuff.
    A graduate of my university has been reading my posts on Facebook in Japanese and English, and decided to offer me the position at the company where she's head of the translation division. It apparently pays pretty well, and the company will pay my accommodation in either Osaka or Yokohama, where their two offices are based. The problem is mainly that I still don't think my level is up to the task. :'D She seems to think it is, but I'm not so convinced. Also, it would mean putting paid to all my lovely plans for the spring holiday, since that's when the internship runs. Kind of a shame, but then I suppose I'm not here on holiday this time. And it is kind of too good an opportunity to pass up.

You're already semi-pro! You've already done most of the work in wrapping your head around subject-object-verb grammar and getting to grips with the basics of how one expresses oneself in the language. I think that's the most difficult thing about Japanese, as most of its difficulty is tied to how different it is to English. If you've come this far, smooth sailing is ahead~

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Telekinesis, man. You could totally make people fall down stairs and stuff, and you wouldn't have to carry shit around.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay, I'll try practicing by typing with my head...

oiookl

...YES! I came very close to successfully typing my intended word, OK
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

That... is pretty much telekinesis, yes.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Really? I attributed it to him eating the wrong kind of 'shrooms, trying to get stronger.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elmdor Rizer View Post
    That... is pretty much telekinesis, yes.
    If that was telekinesis, then I just need to start training under middle-eastern jar heads. ... Is there a politically correct term for that practice? So I don't get shot when I go there...