Thread: Need help running Pokemon Stadium (SNES hack) on my DSTwo using SNEmulDS

Thanks

Default Need help running Pokemon Stadium (SNES hack) on my DSTwo using SNEmulDS

Hey guys. I'm trying to get Pokemon Stadium (World) (Unl) to work on my DS flash cart.

I'm using a DSTwo running the latest updates and the newest version SNEmulDS.

I've tried it on a DS Phat and DS Lite with the same result: the game whitescreen's on startup. The emulator works (i've used it for other games) but the Pokemon Stadium game won't load.

Is there a patch that I need, or is there some kind of work around?

Thanks

EDIT: Ok, I tried the rom out using ZSNES and Snesx9. Snesx9 crashes and ZSNES says "checksum failed" and "bad rom"

So the rom is bad, but is there any way to fix that? Yeah I know it's a fake game, but I'd like to play it and from the list of recommended emulators on the rom's page, someone must have gotten it to work.
    Last edited by n3wh4x04; 25th-December-2012 at 16:23. Reason: added info

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Most hacked roms will have a bad checksum this is normal, also happens with some DLC SNES games also (BS) that never had a real cart, but if the emulator can run them they should run anyway

At this very moment I can't test the game in question myself well not with the DStwo as my 3DS is out for repairs

But look for an option to either ignore checksums or auto fix checksum

ZSNES can't seem to run it at all, the checksum fail doesn't mean the game will not work, though this time it seems to hang at the header readout

Snes9x testing will proceed when I can test it, currently I'm missing a direct x 9 dll with me having direct x 10, this is fixable though

This game will most like work either from a flash kit or maybe just from the original board it was dumped from

P.S. 90% of these types of hacks are not really worth playing, though there have been a few worthy of a mess around, I do not know if this is one such game or not... yet

Snes9x is a big nope and to be honest ZSNES had more chance of running it, I will do a lil google round see if ZSNES or SNES9X has any extra settings that will help

EDIT found it cracked to be playable via emulation, you can find that at dforce3000 along with a few other HK cracked games, it still has a bad header but this time it boots just fine with ZSNES and SNES9X like I said before though I do not currently have my 3DS as Nintendo have it for a repair (kinda glad I didn't get any 3DS games for Christmas , Resi 6 for the PS3 will keep me going for now though )
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-December-2012 at 18:46.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The game, like several other poorly made pirates has hardware specifications that are unique to the cartridge itself. What that means is when one scene is triggered (or even an individual bit is called for), addressing on the actual pirate cart is looking in a strange location but your emulator only know to look in the appropriate official spot. Its actually a type of anti-piracy that the developers used on thier illegally developed games.

The guy here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxXkUWbNrYk
    Plays it and says he made a patch.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    The game, like several other poorly made pirates has hardware specifications that are unique to the cartridge itself. What that means is when one scene is triggered (or even an individual bit is called for), addressing on the actual pirate cart is looking in a strange location but your emulator only know to look in the appropriate official spot. Its actually a type of anti-piracy that the developers used on thier illegally developed games.

The guy here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxXkUWbNrYk
    Plays it and says he made a patch.
    Antipiracy measures.... on an illegally developed game.... WOW.

Thanks for the link Jazz! Got a working copy now. And thanks for explaining WHY the game didn't work. I want to learn anything I can about this stuff.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hah I edited in where to get it cracked from

I did find it the same way though (the very same youtube vid)

The crack along with others is hidden in older stuff, so I linked to that page as it wasn't that easy to find, was just under old news though

I was gunna upload it but I got sick of waiting so changed the edit to a link hence it took so long for me to edit it and missed Jazzmarazz's post

LOLZ seem they have just gone down, I may upload it in the morning maybe if I remember to

Site is back up so the link should be fine again.. P.S. the cracked games are at the bottom of the page so scroll down there to find them I do prefer you get them from the cracker site than directly upload them. after all a lot of hard work was probably put into those
    Last edited by Zorlon; 26th-December-2012 at 22:43.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR