Thread: trying to figure out how to play Castlevania:rondo of Blood.....still......:(

Thanks

Default trying to figure out how to play Castlevania:rondo of Blood.....still......:(

HELP someone please i'm a newbie with emulators and unfortunately i have zero help....I'v been dying to play Castlevania: Rondo of blood and i dont have a wii or a psp so i thought EMULATORS lol....but iv never done it. so i downloaded winrar.....and MagicEngine 1.1 and i found a rom (actulately its an iso) Akumajou Dracula X - Chi no Rinne (NTSC-J) ISO....now here's my problem ......HOW THE HECK DO I COMBINE ALL THESE THREE SO I CAN START PLAYING THIS FANTASTIC GAME ALREADY??? lol....iv been watching youtube vids for days, salivating and i just cant figure it out :/.....i'm right there i think, but i just cant make it work.....i feel so pathetically stupid and noobish. please please please....can someone please guide me through this? i would be eternally grateful. i'm such a huge fan of the castlevania series....thanks

system model: inspiron1750
    BIOS: pheonix ROM BIOS PLUS ver 1.10 A05
    processor: Pentium(R) dual core CPU
    emulator: MagicEngine 1.10

i also was wondering......since its an ISO does that mean do i have to burn the game into a CD and load it into my emulator that way? im sory w all these questions but like i said this is litterally my first rodeo and im just throwing a million questions at you i tried to gather as much as i could and put it forth....i have tried to extract a ZIP file of the same game and the file wouldnt work w the adobe reader for some reason......i couldnt find many other roms of this game as i think its pretty rare.........i hope this helps

tried to run this....(link removed)

then i downloaded this iso file... (link removed)

and when i couldnt figure how to play it......it led me to this forum, so here i am.......wishing i could somehow figure out how to play this!
    Last edited by mmaceman; 19th-December-2012 at 11:45. Reason: i took out the links after i realized they are a no, no.....

Thanks
    EP Points

First of all make sure you don't have the demo version of magic engine or you'll only be able to play for five minutes. Go to the main site and download it from there..
    http://www.emuparadise.me/PC_Engine_...ors/Windows/18

unzip it and unzip your game using winzip if they're compressed! If you don't have winzip then just google it it's free. Then just run pce it'll give you a little initial setup thingum then goes to a screen where it has options like config, bootcd, load rom etc.. Just choose load rom and then select it. Setup any game pads too if it has the option, if not you'll have to use keyboard or get a profile program like xpadder to bind keys to a gamepad. Other than that I don't know what to say as I don't play TG16 stuff.

Edit1: Don't know if it'll work with load rom since it's a cd game but try it. If not you'll have to use bootcd in which case you'll have to burn it or mount the iso on a virtual drive.
    Edit2: just checked and it looks like you can run a gamepad with it.
    Last edited by Zaladane; 19th-December-2012 at 12:01.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaladane For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    First of all make sure you don't have the demo version of magic engine or you'll only be able to play for five minutes. Go to the main site and download it from there..
    http://www.emuparadise.me/PC_Engine_...ors/Windows/18

unzip it and unzip your game using winzip if they're compressed! If you don't have winzip then just google it it's free. Then just run pce it'll give you a little initial setup thingum then goes to a screen where it has options like config, bootcd, load rom etc.. Just choose load rom and then select it. Setup any game pads too if it has the option, if not you'll have to use keyboard or get a profile program like xpadder to bind keys to a gamepad. Other than that I don't know what to say as I don't play TG16 stuff.

Edit: just checked and it looks like you can run a gamepad with it.
    thanks so much Zaladane!! )) ill give it a go ....and let you know how i make out! if i still have trouble tho im gonna give up and try another game.

yeaaaah man im playin it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 19th-December-2012 at 12:28. Reason: DON'T DOUBLE POST!