Thread: Cannot delete file, being used by another program or user. Also, first time psx emulator user.

Thanks

Default Cannot delete file, being used by another program or user. Also, first time psx emulator user.

I think I may have somehow messed up loading a game to DAEMON tools Lite. Now I want to delete the file I had tried to put in there (Because I'm pretty sure it's the wrong file) and I cannot delete it from my computer. I get a 'Cannot delete file, being used by another program or user' error. I tried closing everything and restarting my computer then tried deleting the file, but I get the same error message.

The file is: resident evil 3 Mplayer file (I'm pretty sure I downloaded the wrong file as I don't think any emulators run this type of file?)

Also, I don't think I am using DAEMON tools Lite properly >.< Any tutorials on this and how it relates to the psx emulator?

TYVM in advance, and I apologize if this is in the wrong section as this is my first post on these forums.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    EDIT: ok, I'm sorry for this post because I got everything to work and I DO NOT want to delete that file as it turns out it IS the re3 file I need LOL! I did some more searching around and I found everything I needed so... yeah. This topic can be ignored. I solved my own issues by doing what I should have done in the first place: look for solutions already posted elsewhere. ^.^
    Last edited by Neoluigi; 13th-December-2012 at 22:52. Reason: Found out I was just being dumb and needed to look at what I was doing wrong lol.

Thanks
    EP Points

Here's a pro tip, never use that POS DAEMON Tools ever, even if you think you need it don't use it.

Thanks

@WorkNoFun:

I actually figured out I didn't even need that DAEMON program a little bit before you posted that lol! So, apparently ePSXe runs the game file without the need of anything else.

I guess I have a new question now, whats up with these .bin converters and other junk that most tutorials say you need?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by WorkNoFun View Post
    Here's a pro tip, never use that POS DAEMON Tools ever, even if you think you need it don't use it.
    I have to disagree. Daemon tools is an incredible helpful utility for using backups of your own software. However, if we're talking strictly PSX, then yeah, its silly to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoluigi View Post
    @WorkNoFun:

I actually figured out I didn't even need that DAEMON program a little bit before you posted that lol! So, apparently ePSXe runs the game file without the need of anything else.

I guess I have a new question now, whats up with these .bin converters and other junk that most tutorials say you need?
    Next time you need to un-mount your file, simply go to my computer, right click on the drive that Daemon added and hit eject.
    As for BIN converters, they are only necessary for software that supports a specific format that is not BIN. Just like Daemon in this case, it is not necessary so just leave them alone.

The phrase "ISO" is generic like kleenex when you're talking about any tissue.
    Yes, there is a file with the ISO extension, but a BIN, IMG, ISO are all disc images.
    Are you having any difficulty otherwise?

Thanks

Nope, I am currently having no problems now! (well, other than Nemesis jumping though a window and scaring the living crap out of me lol!)

Also, it seems that DAEMON was the problem causing me to not be able to delete or move the game file (not that I want to now, now that it does work) as I just tried moving the file to the recycle bin, and it worked this time.

I won't be using DAEMON as the ePSXe runs the game file like a champ without doing anything more than simply unzipping the game file and loading it up on the emulator.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yay, everyone wins

Thanks

Update: Well now the ePSXe has apparently decided to pms all of the sudden and now it wants a video plugin. ...Even though it was working perfectly fine before

Oh well. Might as well go grab a sound plugin too before it decides to need one of those too lol.