Thread: Need Help With SONIC R SSF emulation!

Thanks

Default Need Help With SONIC R SSF emulation!

Hey guys i have the iso image mounted with daemon tools lite, and it works when i run SSF.exe but the problem is when i play the game sonic r theres no music or soundtrack its just basic sounds. I've tried converted a couple of the mp3 files to wave and edited the text in notepad but it still won't work. Whats going on how come i can't play the game with any music some help would greatly be appreciated thank you.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Is it that way with any other games? Id say its just the file you have, maybe look for it on another site? If you can, then you can just download the soundtrack, and listen to that as you play.
    STOP THE MADDENESS, STOP BUYING SPORTS GAMES!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by williamjones View Post
    Is it that way with any other games? Id say its just the file you have, maybe look for it on another site? If you can, then you can just download the soundtrack, and listen to that as you play.
    hmm i'm not sure, have you done sega saturn emulation succesfully yourself? what worked for you?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by williamjones View Post
    If you can, then you can just download the soundtrack, and listen to that as you play.
    Really??? Pretty sure he's not going to enjoy the game soundtrack not being matched up with what's on screen, not to mention you most likely won't be able to listen to a soundtrack from another source without disabling the in-game sound effects... unless you were to burn the soundtrack to a cd and listen to it on a cd player, etc.... which is just ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeySkillz View Post
    Hey guys i have the iso image mounted with daemon tools lite, and it works when i run SSF.exe but the problem is when i play the game sonic r theres no music or soundtrack its just basic sounds. I've tried converted a couple of the mp3 files to wave and edited the text in notepad but it still won't work. Whats going on how come i can't play the game with any music some help would greatly be appreciated thank you.
    I recently had this problem with a TG16 CD game - I would get the in game sound effects, but no soundtrack. They were in a different format, titled .APE (because I have media monkey), so I had to convert them all to .wav files. After that, you'll need to check your cue file through notepad, and make sure things match up. Example, if it says Track 01, then underneath it has 00:00:00, then you've got a problem. If you have numbers in place of those zeroes, then you should be good to go, as it's recognizing the track.

Also, try to re-rip the game using cdrwin - get an older version of the program and just recompile it. That also may help you. If none of this works, then try to find another copy of the game. If you are having trouble finding a copy, PM me and I can send you some websites.

Hope this helps for now.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, try using Alcohol 52% as a mounting program instead. Sometimes it seems to work better than D-Tools.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

FF he can use youtube downloaders to get the soundtrack off there and listen to it on a media player. easy youtube downloader 6.5 works great on firefox for mp3 files ripped from the videos, and you can get videos them selves in different formats as well. Were pirates of games, so I dont think its worse to be pirates of music and random youtube videos.

I havent done Saturn emulation, I was just giving some general advice Ive noticed with ps1 and sega cd options. And alcohol 52% according to their wikipedia page has an addware thing that comes along with it. The actual Alcohol software you pay for has a ton cool features and has won an award..
    STOP THE MADDENESS, STOP BUYING SPORTS GAMES!

Thanks

Have you tried to download the game from here http://www.emuparadise.me/Sega_Satur...onic_R_(U)/407
    and doing a .cue with Sega Cue Maker? http://www.emuparadise.me/downloads/SegaCueMaker.zip

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

1. Covert all the sound tracks to wav
    2. make sure the cue sheet matches the change from mp3 to wav
    3. run the same way you have been mounting the cue file

If you wanted to make a single cue+bin file you can also use ISObuster a great free use tool (It does have paid for parts as well but you really do not need them for this so just go ahead for the free download version)

www.isobuster.com
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-December-2012 at 22:23.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR