Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nintendo Wii: Having Trouble Launching Mario Kart Arcade GP and Mario Kart Arcade GP 2!

Thanks

I've tried uninstalling the Quadforce wad through my Wad Manager program, but it refuses to let me do so, giving me a message that reads "ERROR! (ret = -1017)". It gives me the same message when I attempt to reinstall the wad as well.

For your second suggestion: would you be willing to link me to a reliable walkthrough regarding this particular formatting process( unless you would rather walk me through it yourself. )?

And I've tried using the Wii Iso Renamer but all that happens when I drag the ISO file over the .exe application is a window pops up that allows me to open my desired ISO, but when I do so, absolutely nothing happens. Did I possibly install it incorrectly?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by 8DXD8 View Post
    I've tried uninstalling the Quadforce wad through my Wad Manager program, but it refuses to let me do so, giving me a message that reads "ERROR! (ret = -1017)". It gives me the same message when I attempt to reinstall the wad as well.
    You should be able to reinstall it by installing the Quadforce .WAD file with Canal WAD Manager again the same way you did the first time....

For your second suggestion: would you be willing to link me to a reliable walkthrough regarding this particular formatting process( unless you would rather walk me through it yourself?
    1.) Insert SD card into your PC.
    2.) Go to My Computer and open your SD card.
    3.) Back up the contents of your SD card by copying all of your folders that are on your SD card and pasting them to a folder on your PC. This is a very important step because formatting your SD card will erase everything that is stored on it!
    3.) After everything is backed up to your PC go back to My Computer and right click on your SD card and click the option that says "Format".
    4.) Under the "File System" select FAT.
    5.) Under the "Allocation Unit Size" select 64 kilobytes.
    6.) Click "Start"
    7.) When it is done formatting you can then copy everything back on to your SD card that you had backed up earlier to your PC.
    8.)All done

And I've tried using the Wii Iso Renamer but all that happens when I drag the ISO file over the .exe application is a window pops up that allows me to open my desired ISO, but when I do so, absolutely nothing happens. Did I possibly install it incorrectly?
    This program works differently then DiscEX.

What you need to do is:

1.) Double click Wii ISO Renamer v.3.exe to open the program.
    2.) Click "Open ISO" and select your ISO file.
    3.)
    a)IF you opened Mario Kart GP 1 under where it says "New Gamename" type in "Mario Kart GP". And under where it says "New GameID" type in GGPE01. Then click "Save ISO"

b.)IF you opened Mario Kart GP 2 under where it says "New Gamename" type in "Mario Kart GP 2". And under where it says "New GameID" type in GGPE02. Then click "Save ISO"

4.) All done

If all else fails check out this guide- http://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-gc.../#post-4184775
    Last edited by _Gambit; 15th-December-2012 at 00:11.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to _Gambit For This Useful Post:

Thanks

1) I'm currently running the HBC with IOS58 v24.32, which completely refuses to let me either uninstall or reinstall the Quadforce wad. However, when I switch to a different IOS in the Canal Wad Manager startup menu, it either allows me to only uninstall this wad, only reinstall this wad, or both. I'm completely at a loss as to what the problem could be here and if I've possibly dug myself into a hole regarding the necessary steps that need to be taken in order to successfully install a version of IOS since despite how or if my Quadforce wad is uninstalled or reinstalled, my Mario Kart Arcade GP ISOs continue to be completely unrecognized by my Wii console.

2) I've followed all of these steps successfully, properly backing up all of my SD card's content and copying it back once the formatting was complete and still nothing has changed for the better!

3) Even though it never displayed what the old name and ID of the ISO that I'd selected was when I'd brought up the file the first time, it DID display the new name and ID that I'd input for it previously after selecting the file a SECOND time, so I'll assume that I successfully saved the ISO file with the respective name and ID you suggested.

Regardless, it still does nothing and the boot-up screen after loading the custom channel wad on my Wii's home menu continues to offer me the single, useless option of "Boot Disc in DVD Drive". Since it seems that I'm starting to run out of options here, should I somehow change my current IOS from IOS58 v24.32 to IOS50, since it appears to be the most functional version given that it allows me to freely uninstall and reinstall my Quadforce wad in the Canal Wad Manager.

Thanks
    EP Points

To uninstall Quadforce you need to install a clean MIOS.wad. Then try starting over following the guide I posted above.

Also there is alot of good info in this guide as well http://www.emuxtras.net/forum/viewto...p?f=235&t=1989.
    I might give this a try later today and see if I can get this running on my Wii.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to _Gambit For This Useful Post:

Thanks

If you could at some point, that would be extremely helpful because I am utterly lost at this point after going through so many different programs and other various alternatives to get this working. The guide you linked me to is where I got most of my original files in the first place, such as my custom Wii menu and quadforce wads, but most of the content that is being detailed( such as this "nand" and "sneek2o" )is completely throwing me off since I have no clue as to what these exactly are, how I am supposed to access them, and in what order they're meant to be accessed.

Forgive me, but I'm just seriously slow regarding instructions such as these that aren't dumbed down to a significant degree so I don't miss a vital step(s), which is obviously what I'm doing here, and continuously run around in circles installing this and that when whatever I need is right in front of my face.

Thanks
    EP Points

Whoa, I didn't know Mario Kart Arcade GP could be played on a wii! I thought it was going to be stuck on those arcade machines forever!

Thanks

Nope, some brilliant individual managed to rip the ISO files for both games early last summer. I've only played the American version of this game once upon a time, so this was a nice turn of events.

Anyway!

It turns out that all I needed to solve this little problem of mine was a new SDHC card with a higher capacity of 8GB( as opposed to the regular 2GB SD card I was using previously )in conjunction with unzipping the RAR files straight off of my desktop, rather than trying to build the folder structure myself( which is obviously why it was failing ).

With this correct folder structure and extra space put to use, both Mario Kart Arcade GP and Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 are working beautifully.

Many kind thanks for everyone's attentiveness to this problem.