Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Wii: Having Trouble Launching Mario Kart Arcade GP and Mario Kart Arcade GP 2!

Thanks

Default Nintendo Wii: Having Trouble Launching Mario Kart Arcade GP and Mario Kart Arcade GP 2!

Alright, so I've recently attempted to add the Mario Kart Arcade GP and Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 ISO files onto my Wii menu in order to play them through the associated "quadforce" program.

I followed all the commonly-known, necessary steps that I had to online, from acquiring the necessary .WAD files to adding the appropriate applications to use through my Homebrew Channel. Everything seemed to have been going smoothly, with the .WAD file channels successfully showing up on my menu and the Canal WAD Manager application functioning correctly.

It is only when I go to boot the game( from either the Wii menu or the DML Booter )that it displays the option to "Boot Disc in DVD Drive" and NOTHING more! Now, this is obviously a problem since every walkthrough I followed regarding this matter made clear that, at this point, the menu should display either "Mario Kart Arcade GP (ISO)" or "Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 (ISO)" ( depending on which file I have appropriately named ).

I checked back to make sure that these two files were both legitimate ISO images and that all of my applications and folders were organized correctly but it was to no avail. I'm completely at a loss as to what step I may have missed in this process or what application and/or file I'm currently excluding from this algorithm.

Any feedback on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Thanks

Wait a minute. Mario Kart Arcade GP 1/2 never had a virtual console release. If you've got wads of those games they are probably fake or injected (and injected games often don't work properly). Get an arcade emulator from Wiibrew (or just via the homebrew channel), download the proper roms - not the wads - and emulate them. I don't emulate arcade games myself, so I don't know much about the emulators.

Thanks

MKGP2 works with the Dolphin Triforce branch.

Thanks

Of all the walkthroughs I've looked up regarding this procedure, all you need in order to install these games on your Wii menu (as though they WERE legitimate VC releases) is through the Homebrew Channel and a couple relative applications installed therein. I have never once read any mention of installing completely separate emulators in order to launch these games.

Could I be in the wrong related forum for this sort of thing?

Thanks
    EP Points

Try using a program called DiscEx to install the games to sd:/games
    Last edited by _User_; 8th-December-2012 at 23:36.

Thanks

I tried downloading this program, but once I had the DISCEX.EXE file on my desktop and dragged my Mario Kart Arcade GP ISO files onto it in order to supposedly format them to work with the DML booter, a warning popup informed me that this program can't run because it's not compatible with the version of Windows I'm running (which happens to be 64-bit).

Does this mean I have to convert my current version of Windows 7 to 32-bit in order to format these ISO files in order to find out if this is a possible remedy to my initial problem?
    Last edited by 8DXD8; 10th-December-2012 at 09:44.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nope as the program works just fine in Widows 7 64 bit, just tested this myself

I tested version 0.9

Make sure you get it from the official site at http://code.google.com/p/diosmios/wiki/Downloads?tm=2

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Alright, so I downloaded the specific file you linked me to and dropped my Mario Kart Arcade GP ISO onto it and the program's configuration window very quickly popped up, informing me that "This is not a Wii Disc".

To my knowledge, all this program requires are ISO files that can possibly be read by a properly modded Wii console, so what am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by 8DXD8; 11th-December-2012 at 12:19.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not had time to actually test this mind but http://www.wiihacks.com/homebrew-too...converter.html looks like a good front end to use with DiscEx and GCReEx, I think both are needed or it reports that on first run and creates folder for them to be stored into

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

A little snooping and I found this- http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...art-GP-2-setup

The person in the above mentioned thread used DiscEx 0.8 instead of 0.9 so maybe try that and see if it works. I would ignore the step about installing d2x cIOS installer.

Also seems you need another program called WII Iso Renamer to change the games internal ID.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to _Gambit For This Useful Post:

Thanks

@Zorlon: I followed all of the steps regarding the downloaded program in the page you linked me to and both DiscEX and GCReEx refuse to do anything useful outside of their respective windows popping up for half a second and then disappearing or crashing shortly after it appears, all without converting any selected ISO file in the slightest.

What am I doing wrong that these instructions didn't think to detail?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by 8DXD8 View Post
    @Zorlon: I followed all of the steps regarding the downloaded program in the page you linked me to and both DiscEX and GCReEx refuse to do anything useful outside of their respective windows popping up for half a second and then disappearing or crashing shortly after it appears, all without converting any selected ISO file in the slightest.

After the ISO file have been dropped in DiscEX there should be a folder named RESLAB that contains the ISO named “game” and a folder named sys.

They should be in the same folder your ISO is located. If so rename the folder to something else and repeat the process with the other ISO.

If your still having problems maybe try to find a different copy of Mario GP 1 and 2 and see if that works.
    Last edited by _Gambit; 13th-December-2012 at 02:05.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to _Gambit For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

the best way to see what they are doing is via a dos prompt / command prompt rather than running them directly as they are dos based apps, they are not crashing at all but they do finish running very quick because they have not been instructed to do anything

or use the front end I linked

to get a command prompt up, just hit the windows key and in the text box type cmd and hit enter

change the directory to that of the 2 tools by typing CD then the full path of exe files, if it's on another drive to what the command promt starts in then type the drive letter you want with a : right after it and hit enter

once in the correct path and drive type the name of the exe to see what is happening

The correct Usage is:

DiscEX.exe [-v|-c|-a] game.iso
    v: verifies the data while extracting (Wii)
    c: compresses the data and auto aligns all files correctly (GC)
    a: aligns all files by 32K (used to repair misaligned ISOs) (GC)

obviously you do not use all 3 commands at once

e.g. for compressing a disc image use:

DiscEx.exe -c somediscimage.iso

Or use the dmlconv-qt front end to make the job easyer if you can't use dos/command prompt windows as they can be very confusing to new users
    Last edited by Zorlon; 12th-December-2012 at 17:54.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

@_Gambit: The DiscEX.exe application doesn't appear to do anything after either dropping the ISO file onto it or selecting it manually through the dml converter program, but an empty folder named "root" and a folder named "sys"( which contains the following files: "apploader.img", "bi2.bin", "boot.bin", "fst.bin", and "main.dol" ) appear in the / drive( where I placed my ISO file ) after selecting "GCReEx -x (uncompressed)" from the program list to extract with in the same dml converter program.

But even after I've copied these folders into the ISO folder that's located in the "Games" folder on my SD card, the ISO file STILL refuses to be recognized by the Wii console!

@Zorlon: I've already installed and navigated through each possible option offered in the dmlconv-qt program that you linked me to but to no avail. As I'd mentioned above, compressing through GCReEx appears to produce extra files that appear to be useful but still do absolutely nothing to alleviate my current problem.

Thanks
    EP Points

@_Gambit: The DiscEX.exe application doesn't appear to do anything after either dropping the ISO file onto it or selecting it manually through the dml converter program, but an empty folder named "root" and a folder named "sys"( which contains the following files: "apploader.img", "bi2.bin", "boot.bin", "fst.bin", and "main.dol" ) appear in the / drive( where I placed my ISO file ) after selecting "GCReEx -x (uncompressed)" from the program list to extract with in the same dml converter program.

But even after I've copied these folders into the ISO folder that's located in the "Games" folder on my SD card, the ISO file STILL refuses to be recognized by the Wii console!
    Well it's giving you the sys folder which is what you need. Other than that I think your ok because I think all that DiscEX does besides that is convert your game to ISO format. Which yours already is. (This is _User_ btw I just got bored and changed my stuff around so now I'm Gambit .)

What program did you install on your Wii first? DML or Quadforce? If it you installed Quadforce first and then MDL try reinstalling Quadforce.

Also another requirement is your SD card needs to be formatted to FAT with 64k cluster size so you might try that. Be sure to back everything up that is on your SD card to your PC before doing this though.

And I know I asked this already so sorry if I come off as being repetitive but did you use WII Iso Renamer to change the games internal ID?
    Last edited by _Gambit; 13th-December-2012 at 03:22.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to _Gambit For This Useful Post: