Thread: Weird Question

Thanks

Question Weird Question

Hey there people what's up?

Yeah well the "weird question" is: Is there a way to transform/convert a game from PAL to NTSC? 'cause when I try to play a PAL game the screen gets... uhmm... if someone were jamming with the AV cable, it's kinda annoying.

I mean, some kind of software (On PC) or a video mode converter with an usage mode like game shark or something. Anything you post is useful.
    (As long as it is related to the question XD)

All the best, Mr. Brightside
    12 Gauge Super Shotgun

Thanks
    EP Points

If your using an emulator on your PC that requires a bios (i.e. espxe or pcsx2) then you just need to download the bios version for that country and use it instead.

If your using an emulator for the SNES or something along those lines it should just work for you without having to change any settings.

If your on an actual console I'm not sure, but I'm sure someone else will be able to answer your question.

"When government surveillance and intimidation is called "freedom from terrorism" or "liberation from crime", freedom and liberty have become words without meanings."
    ~ Chad Dumier, "Deus Ex"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

PAL and NTSC run at different frequencies, so your options are to buy an NTSC Television or 'try' on of the converting software:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=psx+...ient=firefox-a

I assume you are talking about PlayStation, but I cannot guarantee the capabilities of these converters. Most games came out in both regions, so what are you trying to play?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

We have PAL to NTSC display patches right on our web site aswell as a boot CD

But I actually recomend against this if possible and either get the correct region as above or buy a multi regional TV

[The reasons for not patching is that some games will go out of sync while others will just not work after forcing the display, some games do run perfect before and after display patching]

for display patching PAL4U or Zapper 2000 can do those (patch beofre burning PAL PSX CD image)

for a boot CD there is Import Player Lite (you want the NTSC[U] version) to boot PAL games that are not display patched in NTSC mode

Look in the stuck thread Sony system files & links for those

You realy need to see what is in the very few stuck threads
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-December-2012 at 23:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR