Thread: Running downloaded games on PSP console.

Thanks

Thumbs up Running downloaded games on PSP console.

hello all

right I'm pretty new to downloading roms, and have a few questions to ask. I'm sure they've all been asked but i wouldn't know where to find the answers.

I've got a NDS with an r4 card and putting games on it is easy

Someone gave me psp 1003, so i thought awesome it will be as easy as that, but it ain't.

Ok so my battery and 512mb memory card with software are on their way and I thought i'd try download a game (lego pirates of the caribean), 5 hours to download 1 gb, is that normal??? Also will i need a new memory card to put it on and play it on the psp??

any help would be great, sorry if i'm being thick maybe thats because I am

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Deb AndAndy Ferneyhough View Post
    hello all

right I'm pretty new to downloading roms, and have a few questions to ask. I'm sure they've all been asked but i wouldn't know where to find the answers.

I've got a NDS with an r4 card and putting games on it is easy

Someone gave me psp 1003, so i thought awesome it will be as easy as that, but it ain't.

Ok so my battery and 512mb memory card with software are on their way and I thought i'd try download a game (lego pirates of the caribean), 5 hours to download 1 gb, is that normal??? Also will i need a new memory card to put it on and play it on the psp??

any help would be great, sorry if i'm being thick maybe thats because I am
    It's not as hard as you might think, just a few easy steps.
    Update your firmware with the latest Official Update (6.60) or find update 6.20 if you want the hack to be permanent.
    Then download a Custom Firmware (CFW), I use PRO-C 6.60
    Put the files into your memory stick under MS0:/PSP/GAME
    On your PSP run the updater. You are now running CFW.
    Once you finish downloading the ISO (assuming it's a backup of a game you already own, of course) Put the .ISO file into a folder named "ISO" on the root of your memory stick.
    It should now show up under the Games directory of your XMB.

Also, 5 hours for a 1g file is NOT normal. unless you live in 2003. =P
    Last edited by Krantu; 21st-December-2012 at 07:00.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I strongly recommend a Dual SD Micro to Pro Duo adaptor card

basicly it lets you use 2 micro SD's instead of a single Pro Duo memcard giving you up to just under 60GB max (that with 2x32GB Micro SD's, yes I know they are 32GB cards but they never actually have 32GB space on them)

Not only can you accumulate more space it will cost a lot less than Pro Duo cards with the same space, e.g. it will cost less to have 2x2GB micro SD's and the adaptor than it will for 1x4GB Pro Duo card

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MICRO-ADAPTO.../dp/B002O358FS
    http://www.amazon.com/MicroSD-MicroS.../dp/B001RPEJA4

Personly I'm on a much older CFW and not had any issues at all, but each to there own

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Krantu View Post
    Also, 5 hours for a 1g file is NOT normal. unless you live in 2003. =P
    Depends on the host as well as your ISP; unfortunately not all of us are as privileged with the latest uber-fastest cable connections

Anyways yes, what Krantu said. Fortunately nowadays it's become *much* easier to install custom firmware than it used to be say, 5 years ago. Only other thing to keep in mind is that sometimes you'll find your PSP "roms" in .CSO format. These go in the same place as .ISOs, and are simply compressed to save space. However, depending on the game it is possible that having them in .CSO format can cause some slowdown during gameplay, so if you run into this issue, this is likely why, in which case you would want to download a compressor/decompressor such as this; http://www.free-psp-downloads.com/?file_id=43
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"