Thread: Error Message with epsxe v 1.8.0

Thanks

Default Error Message with epsxe v 1.8.0

Ok, first specs
    Samsung, Windows 7
    Intel Core i3 cpu M 370 @ 2.4GHz
    4G Ram

I've downloaded epsxe v 1.8.0. and it works great when I play games in "iso" however when I try to play games through - RunCDROM - Daemon Tools Lite "mounting" I get this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.png 
Views:	481 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	35672

I've read http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...-And-APE-Guide and I am doing everything that the guide says. But to no avail, I get a black screen and that error message. Also I have ensured that I have downloaded SPDT when I downloaded DT lite.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I am interested in burning the game to a CD, however I don't want to waste a CD if I cannot play the game through "RUN CDROM"
    I do have everything saved to an external hard drive if that affects anything.

So, I guess my question is does anyone know why I am getting that error message? and, Will it be possible to burn a playable CD of the games that I mount?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

SPDT is not a seperate download and should of been part of D-Tools Lite as an optional install

If you did that anyway and just worded it badly let me know

As long as D-Tools is installed on your main HDD I don't see storing CD images on an external as being too much of an issue

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Yes I worded it badly, I did check make sure the check box was checked when I downloaded D-Tools.
    I'm not sure why there is a problem when I try to make it read through CDROM, especially because when I play any game in ISO it works fine.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Daemon Tools works fine for you in other windows applications?
    Did you selected the drive letter of the virtual drive in ePSXe cdrom plugin?
    And are you using in ePSXe cdrom plugin ePSXe CDR WNT/W2k core?

Thanks

Daemon Tools works fine for you in other windows applications?
    Did you selected the drive letter of the virtual drive in ePSXe cdrom plugin?
    And are you using in ePSXe cdrom plugin ePSXe CDR WNT/W2k core?
    How would I use DT in other windows applications?

When I mount a game/CUE file, i.e. Crash Bandicoot (I have all the files that and is playable for ISO) DT says mounting image and my "autoplay" window opens, so I open folders to view files and I get this
    Spoiler warning:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	35719
    Spoiler warning:

Name:	1.png 
Views:	163 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	35720

In the open folder I go through my computer to the epsxe emulator and try to run the CDROM, then what I said happens.

Yes I have the CDROM ePSXe CDR WNT/W2k core 1.7.0 selected when I try to play it and I have "first rom" selected when I try to configure it.

Is there any other information or photos of what I am doing that could help you understand my dilemma?

Thanks
    EP Points

mount the iso/img/bin and not by cue make sure your cd plugin is pointing to the virtual drive ie H:
    also Poweriso is better (at least from my experience) I really don't understand why this is causing problems, can you point to the download link? maybe you have a corrupt iso - it's rare but it happens either from an interupted download or bad upload.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just my two cents, but try running your emu in Admin mode. Right clock and select run as Administrator.
    I have never emulated PSX, so don't hate me if Im wrong.

EDIT: I just read it again and you said it works with other options. Nevermind.

Thanks

http://www.coolrom.com/roms/psx/3912..._Bandicoot.php
    This is the link of Crash Bandicoot that I used. On the off chance that I downloaded a bad ISO I redownloaded it with Free Download Manager and I have the same black error screen.

Also tried mounting the BIN file and changing from FirstRom to "H" ...mix and matched too, but still the errors.
    Spoiler warning:

Name:	3.png 
Views:	155 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	35725

this is the newest screen when I try to run CDROM

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Always use the cue to run the games and about your problems in daemon tools what kind of virtual cdrom has , the dt virtual unit don't work in epsxe and you need a virtual scsi cdrom