Thread: Dreamcast playing game issues.

Thanks

Default Dreamcast playing game issues.

hi im having an issue while trying to play back up games. i've burnt the games with disc juggler and also got a etopia boot disc for ones that need booted. my issue is some games decide to play like marvel vs capcom 2 but then others on emuparadise wont load like sonic shuffle, soul caliber. i'm not sure if theres something i'm missing our doing wrong but if someone could point me in right direction would be much appreciated.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Posting in the correct section helps

I moved it for you though

If you check out my guide for Mil-CD compat it may be of some help, depending on the model of Dreamcast you have

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?54893 You are welcome to contribute to the guide aswell by providing a photo of the underside sticker, close up on the date and model info is all that is needed if yours is different from what is already on there (look at what is on there already to get the idea).

Also how to burn with imgburn guide

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?81186

If you do want to use discjuggler and have been asked to repair a disc image always say no otherwise it will no longer self boot

Utopia is not needed by selfboot Mil-CD's
    Last edited by Zorlon; 26th-November-2012 at 18:50.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

IMAG0102.jpg hi thanks zorlon for moving topic didnt realise i had placed it in wrong topic. i've attached pic of the back of my dreamcast. never comes up with a repair disc image but would you more recommend trying img burn instead?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ok yeah you realy do not need to use Utopia every game I have is a Mil-CD and on a PAL dreamcast that can all play Mil-CD backups

Well seen as you have had issues then yes give ImgBurn a shot (make sure you have everything needed though like the guide tells you )

Your Dreamcast should play any and all self boot images, the only thing other than incorrect burning and bad media is a laser pot retune

I have every english game burned to CD-R and everything my PAL Dreamcast gets thrown at it works great

P.S. I will add your sticker later I know for a fact we already have a PAL one, but not sure if the one we have was a made in Japan, mine is indenesea I think though I'm sure I have had a made in japan one before.

EDIT

Thanks again for the sticker shot, I won't add it just yet as you have not said what works on your dreamcast yet, at a guess though everything should work just fine

I have the image part prepared anyway, resized ect, just need to add if it works with Mil-CD fully or not

So to follow this up has ImgBurn helped at all for you??

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

hi im still having the same issue do you know of any good guides to do a retune?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

before you do that what exact game images are causing issues, just link them

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

so far i've tried ufc two seprate files, soul calibur and also the soul calibur/dead or alive, sonic shuffle and gta2. all these games works through an emulator tho

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just link them

The guy isn't too bright but it's still good to show you how to do it

Important burning tips

Slowest possible burning speed for your burner
    Best possible quaility CD-R media (preferably Virbatim CD-R's)
    Make sure the CD-R image is multi session (this is not the same as multi tracks, Dreamcast Mil-CD's can have 2 or more sessions, even games with CDDA tracks will still only be 2 sessions maybe 3, more common for them to be 2 sessions)

ImgBurn should have this info shown before you hit the big burn button
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-November-2012 at 20:33.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

thanks alot, tried the retune and now all the games work. appreciate the help loads.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Cool I will add your model to the list then

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]