Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Microsoft Xbox Moddable Games

First off I will add tools later I need to find some of them myself plus I need to sort what I have

Second for now I will list any that I know of personly

• Dead or Alive - All Dead or Alive games can be skinned
    • Elder Scrolls III, The - Morrowind - Game of the Year
    • Fable the Lost Chapters - tools are aimed at the PC version but there are xbox converting tools
    • Grand Theft Auto III -
    • Grand Theft Auto Vice City -
    • Grand Theft Auto San Andreas - PC tools mostly, skins and and car mods will need converting to some extent and scripts may need fixing for some parts
    • Phantasy Star Online, Quests mostly - these do need a small amout of converting to get working
    • Soul Calibur II - More skinning

Alot of games can be skinned infact but skins are just x rated ones though there are a few good ones out there for SC2 and DOA games, I'm not just talking about nude ones

Thats it off the top of my head I would like to get a full list and what can be done

Unfortionatly most of the xbox game modding groups are very much dead nowerdays and not alot to show for it either, but I do beleive there is still alot to be enjoyed with mods for xbox games

I know I have released a couple of mods of my own, though just moddest small mods and may have new ones to come aswell if I can figure out how to do it, some of these do require an understanding of programming, some more than others.

Please post if you know of more xbox games that can be modded, please do not post about PC games though, xbox ports often do not use the same files or have different file compression

For GTA games there seems to be a few TC mods but personly not tested those as I have a feeling there will be issues as these are directly from PC mods, that I have personly experienced messing up because the scripts on the console are not the same as the PC versions, maybe I will test those out sometime

Dead or Alive 3 there is a nice little skin pack I will be sharing later
    Soul Calibur II there is a massive mod full of new skins, from very good to ok, can't think of any bad ones (though not seen this as just mod files but only a complete ISO already modded, not such a bad thing I guess but it's nice to have the option)
    Fable there is a xbox version mod around though not my idea of great there has been alot done even an extra quest (part of what I didn't like was the removal of demon doors but otherwise it was done very well, though i never fully played it apart from the extra quest, that seemed ok for what it was)
    GTA SA - I already gave you hot coffee both as mod files and as a full game
    Phantasy Star Online I already gave you plenty of quests to play with

Like my Dreamcast I actually like this system, I know the xbox got alot of bad press but the machine is actually a good console that got very little regonition for what it can do fortionaly it does have alot going on in the homebrew scene, for Emulators, PC ports, Homebrew games and apps, if you realy can't stand the controllers that much (they aint that bad) but you can use a PSX/PS2 pad to xbox converter that do have all buttons supported (even I wasn't keen on the silly black n white buttons, that most converters will put on the PS2/PSX pad triggers)

In case you do wonder yes I still play on my PS3 and 360, but I also use my retro consoles PSX/PS2 Saturn/Dreamcast, Xbox & Wii, the rest are emulated... mostly on my xbox original as it happens
    Last edited by Zorlon; 26th-November-2012 at 13:03.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

There are mods for TES III: Morrowind.

I've only ever tried a pre-modded NTSC-U GoTY version (I have PAL GoTY retail too), so I don't know anything about the modding process itself from personal experience. I assume they're just PC mods that have been altered for Xbox use
    But I do know that trying to use several mods makes the game even more unstable (the Xbox GoTY version is pretty crash prone in an untouched state anyway).

If you do a google search Morrowind Xbox mods you should get some site links, but here's one:
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I had forgotten about Morrowind, thanks

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.co...r.Detail&id=85 <- converty files needed to DIY a PC mod to xbox, it also includes a patch for the xbe to make it work, so no need to download the whole game pre hacked, something I need to fix for the upload of PSO I done that was just pre hacked, (I couldn't find the patch at the time)

And yeah they are PC mods, but aslong as there are methods to make them fully work with xbox, thats ok

Still yet to play the game to be honest even have the newer game for 360 also GOTY version, not got the last Elder Scrolls yet but personly I didn't see the point unless I can get myself to play the others

Half-Life 2 should be on the list also but I can't add that without the xbox tools that seem to of vanished from the net

Edit found the tool needed for Half-Life 2 but I will test the sucker first (This will be much later though as I am doing alot of game testing on the xbox at the moment so not realy got the oppitunity to do so as my xbox is busy at the moment with constant FTP so can't do anything else with it)

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showforum=48 have a few hints at what can be done though they are very much dead now as are most of there links, but it's still good to look at, as I have not tested half the stuff there I will not post the games up as moddable yet, until I get the chance to test (I'm sounding like that insane robot from portal now ... must test)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 26th-November-2012 at 14:17.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR