Thread: Nintendo's security screws

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Nintendo's security screws

Hello again. I don't know if this has been addressed before, but I've been trying for weeks. I recently bought a copy each of Pokemon Gold and Silver, and come to find out the save batteries are dead. I have tried everything, from the Bic pen trick to just grabbing onto the screw with two flatheads or a pair of tweezers and trying to strong-arm it open, to no avail. Is there a place to just buy a bit to open these? I've been told most of them on eBay are fakes...

Mega Man Legends 3 Fan Project!
    We're back, baby. I'd love if someone could help me read this.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Fake? I can't see that. Cheap and crappy quality perhaps. Anyways, buy this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Steel-3-8mm-Sc.../dp/B000F8GWH2

Reading the reviews it looks like buying one from JJ Games should be fine.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 166 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Takion Sun View Post
    Hello again. I don't know if this has been addressed before, but I've been trying for weeks. I recently bought a copy each of Pokemon Gold and Silver, and come to find out the save batteries are dead. I have tried everything, from the Bic pen trick to just grabbing onto the screw with two flatheads or a pair of tweezers and trying to strong-arm it open, to no avail. Is there a place to just buy a bit to open these? I've been told most of them on eBay are fakes...
    Yeah, i was in the same situation as you, very hard to get the screws out of GB(C) games using the BIC pen trick. I bought my gamebit set off a UK seller off ebay (Faster than ordering from the US) and its legit.
    Here's the seller and the gamebit set i bought: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/GAMEBIT-GAME-...item20c5981bd3

I notice my uploads are taken down, i am the the process of reuploading
    If you like any of my uploads, be sure to hit the "Thanks" button
    Every month i try to add new games. For my list of uploads, check out here
    Need your console modded?, check out my store here

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zer0-2k11 For This Useful Post: