Thread: Need help on selecting Pokemon rom

Thanks

Default Need help on selecting Pokemon rom

Hi, I'm confuse on which Pokemon rom to select since I had never play any of handheld games more than 10 years. There are different roms in Emuparadise site to choose from.

There are some roms that specifies 'Rev A', 'Rev B'. Another are Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pear. Pokemon Diamond contains 'v1.13' and 'v0.5 Legacy' for English rom. Pokemon Pearl contains 'v05' and 'v06' as well.

Can I ask what are those and how is it different with the normal rom?

Thanks
    EP Points

huh, well heres a question i haven't seen/answered in quite some time. typically if a rom has multiple versions to it i'd go with whichever copy has [!] at the end of it, if it has a v05 or whatever then i think the newest version would do best in most cases.

other than that, the only abbreviations i remember are the language ones like (U), (J), (E), etc.

i could use a refresher on what they all mean myself :/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to treos For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks. The roms I download from Emuparadise was renamed without the [i] anyway. So can I just assume that the following are right?

Pokemon Red (Japanese)
    - Pocket Monsters Aka (Japan)
    - Pocket Monsters Aka (Japan) (Rev A) <-- This is latest

Pokemon Diamond (English)
    - Pokemon Diamond (v05) (U)(Legacy) <-- v05 means Version 0.5
    - Pokemon Diamond Version (v1.13) (E)(Independent) <-- This is the latest

(U) means USA, (E) means Europe. Both are English, are there any much difference other than the spelling of words? And what is a refresher and where to get that?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

[!] = good dump (from the good set that has every dump ever made including bad dumps so a single cart might has 6 or 7 dumps made and the good set will have them all, pointless realy even for collectors)

No-intro sets is what we have that has only good dumps anyway of every cart, thats 1 dump from every cart (the best dump)

Rev ? and V### refures to re-releases of certain carts that usually have fixes built into them that previous releases did not

E = Europe but not always including english, usually does though U= USA and always has english (often the spelling is not fixed either for european releases)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-November-2012 at 17:29.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks a lot Treos and Zorlon. Now I know which one to choose.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by crystalcoder View Post
    Hi, I'm confuse on which Pokemon rom to select since I had never play any of handheld games more than 10 years. There are different roms in Emuparadise site to choose from.

There are some roms that specifies 'Rev A', 'Rev B'. Another are Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pear. Pokemon Diamond contains 'v1.13' and 'v0.5 Legacy' for English rom. Pokemon Pearl contains 'v05' and 'v06' as well.

Can I ask what are those and how is it different with the normal rom?
    Legacy, by the way, was the name of the person or group who dumped the rom.