Thread: Dolphin 3.0 does not display all of my graphics adapters

Thanks

Default Dolphin 3.0 does not display all of my graphics adapters

As the title says, Dolphin does not detect all of the adapters. My laptop has both integrated graphics (an Intel 4000HD) and a dedicated card (Nvidia GTX 670M). When I boot up dolphin and go to configure the graphics, only the Intel option shows up under adapters, regardless of which backend option I select.

Basically, I'm asking if there's a way for me to force Dolphin to use my Nvidia card, even though I can't select it from within the program?

Anyone? I'm getting really choppy frame rate right now... I'd really love to have a solution
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-November-2012 at 22:40.

Thanks
    EP Points

It's only been a couple of hours, patience. Double posting pisses off the staff

any way you can disable your integrated chip in your device manager and then see if the Nvidia one shows up?

Also what are the rest of your specs? And is your other one enabled and showing up in other programs? What game are you trying ?
    Last edited by Zaladane; 21st-November-2012 at 19:44.

Thanks

Sorry, about the double post I don't think I can disable the integrated chip without causing issues, but in the Nvidia control panel I have made sure that the Preferred Graphics Processor option is set to the dedicated card. Trying (and it's playable to a certain extent) Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess. As for the rest of my specs I have 12 GB of RAM and an Intel i7 which clocks in @ 2.3 GHz and overclocks up to 3.3.

EDIT: I got curious and tried disabling the integrated chip. Bad idea. Screen went black and didn't come back. Luckily it re-enabled itself when I turned the computer back on.

EDIT 2: I'm a fool. I didn't know I could set the preferred graphics processor per program. Apparently the nvidia control panel wasn't able to force Dolphin to use the global setting (the dedicated card) so I had to manually set it. In other words, I solved the problem. *d'oh*
    Last edited by xlborklx; 22nd-November-2012 at 00:05.