Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bennieboi's Question of the Day

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    @Lash: SC2 *is* esports, you know.

In any case, when I had the time I always tuned in to some Day9 or Tasteless + Artosis at the GSL. I'm not even into SC2 that much and they still entertained the hell out of me. They're just that good.
    I know it is, but I don't really watch the videos of the high-end eSports games. I just watch the When Cheese Fails things, which aren't really recorded on eSports competitive levels.

Thanks

I like your questions, Bennie, so I'll join in on the convo. A bit late to the game, though, so hope no one minds if I catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennieboi20 View Post
    Question of the day (12/11/2012)

If you could participate in any video game world what would it be and why?

Mine personally would have to be Final Fantasy VIII, The reason being is down to how much I enjoy the storyline in that game... The whole space time compression thing with the past and the future being combined into one reality is something that makes you question how closely realted each time period is especailly if you consider how little time humans have been on the earth compared to how long the earth has actually been around.
    FFVIII is my choice as well. I first played it when I was pretty young and I've replayed it several times through since then, so Balamb Garden actually feels like a virtual home. I love it.

Question of the day (13/11/2012)

What is your favorite video game antagonist (evil character) of all time? Why are they your favorite?
    Bowser isn't my favorite, but he's so iconic that I'm having trouble of thinking of anyone else Maybe, hm...oh ha, probably Ocelot Revolver. He cracks me up. Yes, definitely him

Question of the Day 15/11/2012

What generation of consoles would you, if you could, update with modern graphics or would you rather not and just let the past be the past?
    I'd leave games how they were made. I get pretty attached to each game's style regardless of when they were made. The graphics become as much a part of the game as anything else for me, though I can see how that could bring in a new/larger audience in newer generations for remakes and such.

Question of the day 17/11/2012

What is your favourite video game OST?
    Metal Gear Solid series, particularly the plagiarized theme for MGS2. My friend jokes that I should play that song at my wedding when I walk down the aisle and I have half a mind to do it

Question of the day (05/12/2012)
    What are your views on E-sports? Do you follow any particular game, if so what games do you follow?

I personally follow the Starcraft 2 scene quite a bit, only recently started but I cant seem to get enough action haha some of the matchup's are pretty ridiculous and seeing the Koreans crush everyone is pretty amusing to say the least.
    I actually like the E-sports scene. I've gone to a local convention a couple of times, and while I don't play any of the competitive games, I enjoy following the SC2 players. It's fun to cheer for my favorites and I manage decently enough to keep up with what's going on even though I don't play the game myself. And I have strange (only because I play very few of them) love for fighting games, so those are fun to watch, too, although I don't follow any of the players in that genre.

Thanks
    EP Points

Due to Devi making me really happy by answering almost all my questions I have decided to carry on with my questions of the day.

Bennieboi's Question of the Day (28/12/2012)
    If you could combine 2 games together what would they be, what elements would you take from both games and why?
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    EP Points

If you could combine 2 games together what would they be, what elements would you take from both games and why?
    I'll combine the elements of hack-and-slash from DMC and combine it with the story/characters from Megaman series.

Thanks

Due to Devi making me really happy by answering almost all my questions I have decided to carry on with my questions of the day.

I like when I feel as if I can really get involved in a game world or interact with the environment a lot, so... *takes a deep breath* ( )

I'd take the item menu from Chrono Cross (I love that each item has an illustration and extra info when you pull up details); the setting interaction of point-and-click games (some of them get very creative with how much you can look at and what the comments/character thoughts are for each little thing, even if they're irrelevant to the game); the trade system and castle building system of Suikoden III (it's the only one I've completed, so I can't say whether the others have these same features, but I love them); the time system, changing NPC dialogue, main characters, and filler-like cutscenes from Resonance of Fate (aka End of Eternity. This game has some of my favorite characters ever, and the cutscenes often feature small bits of their daily life together while weaving in parts from the main plot. Plus you really get a sense of each NPC's personality as the days go by and they talk about different things, which I think is really neat. But I'm only half-way through, so no spoilers please! ); then throw in the detective concept and high adrenaline events of Norman Jayden's storyline in Heavy Rain; and finish it off with the MGS series' epic (albeit sometimes confusing) endings - that's my perfect game, though I'm sure it would probably be a flop irl

Edit: Added in the question as a quote and realized I didn't answer properly at all.
    Last edited by Devi; 28th-December-2012 at 20:23.

Thanks
    EP Points

Would love to see an action RPG style Final Fantasy game. It would be cool to see the characters of different job classes fighting out the baddies in real-time enviroment.

The password for my upload's is "caidsncer". If you love my uploads,then hit the "THANX" button.

Thanks

I kinda wanna see an rpg action game. I'd combine the S4 mmo and Borderlands together. Uh, if I had a third option I'd add in Mass Effect (1-3 ?) just for the sake of more skills since Borderlands only gives you one.

What I really enjoyed in S4 was the melee system combined with side-dodging/dashing. Something about sliding behind your opponent to hit him/her with a giant sword backhand style and hearing CRITICAL is incredibly satisfying to me. Only problem is, rushing people with guns will usually result with bullet holes in you. Having infinite dodging makes it too easy as well. I'd probably make it like, a heavy attack would knock opponents back while you can spam light attacks and so and so just like S4.

What I like in Borderlands is how each manufacturer has something unique to them. There's also 6 different kinds of guns, and there's 4 elements making a lot of selective choices. Also, you can equip 4 guns. I like how in mass effect it felt like when I was picking a character it was their actual "Class." Playing a strict class kind of makes me want to play the game again as a different one. I do like how every class can do whatever though (but some better than others). I don't know how to put it really, I just liked having Lift and Singularity on Mass Effect 1 for crowd control More skills w/o being overpowered?

Username: SoySauce (or similar) Name: Kenshii

Thanks
    EP Points

Bennieboi's Question of the Day 01/01/2013
    If you could live in any city from a game what would it be and why?
    *Computer Specs*

Thanks
    EP Points

Bennieboi's Question of the Day 01/01/2013
    If you could live in any city from a game what would it be and why?
    Hmm, my first choice would probably be Sim City, as long as it was a city I built

Otherwise, I'd say the Citadel from Mass Effect is a pretty cool place. I think Rapture from Bioshock is cool as well, but living there would be less than ideal with all the drug dependency and whatnot.

Thanks
    EP Points

Bennieboi's Question of the Day 06/01/2013
    What are your views on the current discussion about Metacritic controversy about there not being many great games last year as there were previous?
    Article here
    *Computer Specs*

Thanks
    EP Points

What are your views on the current discussion about Metacritic controversy about there not being many great games last year as there were previous?
    I think the whole metacritic thing is taken way out of perspective anyway. I barely trust reviewers these days - why the hell would I trust a site that converts scores to a 100 point system and then takes the average of these numbers?

I think the biggest problem with metacritic is when you get those SS inspired companies like EA and Activision give out bonuses only if the game reaches say an 88%, etc. I remember there was a real stink about this when Dead Space came out - it hit 89%, and if it would have been a 90 then they would have gotten bonuses or something along those lines. Developers are living and dying by the metacritic rating, and that's just plain wrong.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    Developers are living and dying by the metacritic rating, and that's just plain wrong.
    Is it any different to the ratings game on tv though?
    Some half decent shows get axed, and then pure trash can go on for 7+ seasons.

Thanks

Article here
    I mean, it is the end of an era and the beginning of a new one

not too much is going to really come up in the end of a video game era

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Is it any different to the ratings game on tv though?
    Some half decent shows get axed, and then pure trash can go on for 7+ seasons.
    You're absolutely right. What bothers me though is that I've read interviews where the developer says the goal is to get a metacritic rating of 85% during the development process. You could argue that he means they are shooting for quality, but I think the goal of any dev team should just be to make the absolute best experience they can and not worry about hitting some imaginary number and doing dumb things late in the process like add a multiplayer mode to a game that doesn't need it at all.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    What bothers me though is that I've read interviews where the developer says the goal is to get a metacritic rating of 85% during the development process.
    This kind of thought process saddens me to no ends. The developers are trying to satisfy metacritic, not THE FANS!? Screw the experts' critics! People shouldn't rely too much on the experts' opinions!
    Last edited by GeminiSparkSP; 9th-January-2013 at 18:00.