Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Bennieboi's Question of the Day

Thanks

[QUOTE=Bennieboi20;1608123]Question of the day (12/11/2012)

If you could participate in any video game world what would it be and why?

I would have to say a Tales world. I like how most people have superhuman abilities due to exspheres/capacity cores/bodhi blastia and how common magic is. I think it would be a joy to explore these worlds with their abandoned castles and deep caves where you find epic creatures. Everyday life would be simpler not only because of magic but because they usually have very advanced technology in these games or magitech hybrids.

If I had to pick a specefic Tales game instead of the whole franchise's world I'd lean towards Abyss for how well they explained magic and fonons and whatnot, but if I could I'd bring in the multiple races of Symphonia.

Thanks
    EP Points

Chrono Trigger. I'd like to travel through time and meet interesting characters and possibly to use the masamune. Despite the Lavos factor, it looks like a nice world to live in.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bennieboi20 View Post
    Question of the day (13/11/2012)

What is your favorite video game antagonist (evil character) of all time? Why are they your favorite?
    I don't think I can pick a favorite anything so I'm gonna throw a few in here. For serious cruel types I really enjoyed Kessler from inFAMOUS. He seemed like a real bad guy in the sense that he didn't hesitate for even a fraction of a second when killing people, and when you get to the end of the game and discover his motivations it makes you appreciate him despite what he did to Cole.

My other choice would be Alexander or the Shadow both from Amnesia. Alexander's character was extremely wicked doing anything for personal gain, whereas the Shadow is the scariest unstoppable force ever in a game.

My favorite humor villains are Bowser in RPG Marios (Paper series, Mario and Luigi, and SNES RPG), and GlaDOS from Portal 1 and 2

Question of the day 14/11/2012

What do you consider to be the most engaging concept in a video game for you?
    I have to agree with Dr. Ivo Robotnik, the concept of the world of the game, the history of that world and the specific part of the world that the plot covers, ESPECIALLY if it's tied to gameplay in an important matter is the most gripping part of any game.

Odin Sphere did such a great job of this that I beat it in less than a week! I wanted to know the next part of the story so bad I just couldn't stop. You play as different characters who not only have different personalities but different gameplay as well and all of their individual plots weave into one super story. All the little stories and the big one are expertly crafted and the gameplay differences make sense because of that well written tale. It's without a doubt one of my faves.

My other favorite concept is personalized character growth found in most rpgs. Choosing stats and spell points in Diablo 2, or stats in Demon/Dark Souls, deciding who gets what capacity core/exsphere in tales, choosing who is what job in FF5 so on so forth. Basically Non-linear leveling up like Fire Emblem where the game just rolls random stats or Golden Sun where all your stats increase.

Question of the Day 15/11/2012

What generation of consoles would you, if you could, update with modern graphics or would you rather not and just let the past be the past?
    If every single of one of them was handled like OoT on the 3ds I'd say N64 hands down. If they could do all the SNES games like 4 Swords Adventures on the GCN where they had 3D graphics over the 2D sprites then I would do that generation as well.

For the N64 games they should just upgrade the lighting, the poly count, higher res textures, throw in some AA and all that and stop there, don't fix any bugs code or anything not related to looks and graphics. Kind of like using PCSX2 to upscale PS2 games to HD

Sorry todays question is a bit late guys I've been out

Question of the day 16/11/2012
    If you could have a sequal to any game, what would it be and why?
    I would love a Lufia 3. I love turn based RPGs like this and I love this series' Zelda-esque dungeon system too. (You got arrows to shoot switches, bombs to open secret doors etc) It would be great to get the story added on to or a new cast of characters in a different universe with super awesome graphics. A nice musical score would be cool too and maybe fleshing out the pet system. Lastly instead of random encounters on the world map make enemies visible and avoidable like they are in dungeons.
    I think everyone would enjoy the puzzles mixed with that Zelda/Metroid go back to old places for more treasure mechanic on top of a solid strategetic turn based RPG

Question of the day 17/11/2012

What is your favourite video game OST?
    I'm gonna go with Odin Sphere again for a full retail game, but I'd also like to put the Bit Trip downloadable series up there too. Oh and the SNES Megaman X's

[QUOTE=Bennieboi20;1613687]Sorry that I've been so inactive guys, it would seem that getting home at half 7 in the evening doesnt do you any good for motivation
    But regardless.

Question of the day (05/12/2012)
    What are your views on E-sports? Do you follow any particular game, if so what games do you follow?

I think it's cool that they exist though I don't personally follow any. My brother is a high ranking gold player on SC2 and he follows a lot so I know of a few names like Idra or WhiteRA or however you spell those and I'll watch them if he is or I'll watch them once in a blue moon, but I don't go out of my way to watch them most of the time.

I will also occasionally watch fighting game matches like UMvC3, SF etc, but again if I'm going to watch something it'll probably be a show that has a plot or is a comedy like Whose Line is it Anyway. I don't really watch regular sports either, I'd rather play videogames or play sports than watch them

Due to Devi making me really happy by answering almost all my questions I have decided to carry on with my questions of the day.

Bennieboi's Question of the Day (28/12/2012)
    If you could combine 2 games together what would they be, what elements would you take from both games and why?
    Zelda and Demon/Dark Souls. I know they already did a God of War Zelda mix with Darksiders and I don't care. All they really did was paste God of War's combat and maybe tone on top of it anyway.

I want an open world that has interconnected shortcuts like Dark Souls with the same leveling up system, only they have rupees as well for buying items instead of using souls. Souls will be for experience and leveling up only.
    Most of the familiar Zelda items will return with a more realistic look like Twilight Princess and an even more realistic feel like Dark Souls.
    You will have an HP MP and stamina bar all increasable through souls like Demon's Souls and you'll still get heart containers which add a chunk onto your bar like Blue Crystals in Devil May Cry. You will have limited bottles to contain healing items like Zelda but more than 4, not as many as Dark Souls 20 though either, probably around 8 or 9.
    The story will be far more direct and in your face like OoT told through cut scenes and whatnot, but items will still have very detailed descriptions to flesh out the history and the world that the cutscenes only touch on.
    The combat will be exactly like the Souls games but the difficulty won't be that high. You will still have to learn attack patterns and actually block and dodge only you won't take as much damage so mistakes are less punishing.
    I'm not sure if there should be coop like the souls games, my first thought would be no that it is single player focused like zelda. Maybe there will be an alternate mode for pvp or horde mode idk.
    Lastly there will be multiple towns like Zelda and you won't need bonfires to replenish magic and heal without items or to level up, bonfires may be be included as a full heal, like discovering a fairy fountain only you can't bottle any of it to take with you, maybe they will fill your magic too. Otherwise you level up from the pause menu, save anywhere like OoT and will also get a way to warp between bonfires.
    The tone will lean more towards the Souls games only not quite as disturbing, no screaming bloody zombie children, or women who have a spider where their legs should be. It will be more mature than Twilight Princess though. You will witness people die and sutff, it won't be senseless violence though, just enough to make you know who the bad guy is.
    Finally the main character will remain silent.

Hopefully that wall of text isn't too intimidating for most people to read
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 18th-January-2013 at 23:01. Reason: multiple posting isn't allowed, please, use the EDIT button

Thanks
    EP Points

Bennieboi's Question of the Day 01/01/2013
    If you could live in any city from a game what would it be and why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamerror View Post
    Chrono Trigger. I'd like to travel through time and meet interesting characters and possibly to use the masamune. Despite the Lavos factor, it looks like a nice world to live in.
    This^
    And i would love to have the Lavos factor included coz i wanna kickk his ass.

The password for my upload's is "caidsncer". If you love my uploads,then hit the "THANX" button.