Thread: Emulators for ps2 phat.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Emulators for ps2 phat.

Hi just asking a question does anyone know if ffgreiver is still working on ps2psxe or not since it's been over a year and a half since r202 came out and was wondering if ffgriever decided to drop the thing cause a friend of mine thinks he's called it quits. [I hope not] And does anyone know how to get this ps2boy emu to run I do what two people say to do on theisozone but all I get is a black screen.
    In the cursed year 1943, Crawley returned.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

ffgriever just does too many projects whether the projects will get worked upon again is always a possibility but not garenteed bugging him about it though is not going to help I know this first hand of people bugging me about some of my projects that ended up dead

ps2boy was at early stages and the official site is not around now, not supprised if most the results are on a black screen

The last progress report was in 2003, something like

UI 70%
    Basecode 60%
    Emulation Core 15% (Not good and one of the most important parts)
    Virtual machine 0%

I wasn't aware he had released that either not via his site when it was last up

There are only a few console emulators of worth on PS2, NES, SNES Mastersystem/GameGear and Genesis are the main set the PS2 range of emulators is unfortionatly low and mostly sucky there are a few gems amist the collection of emulators but nothing fantastic (xbox is the way to go for good emulators on another console though or the Wii is a good contender, handheld well the PSP has a good range aswell) even the Dreamcast has better emulator support than the PS2
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-November-2012 at 13:22.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yes I know bugging wont help emulators get made so like I said I was just looking to see if my friend or I was right don't really care right now since I can burn all my backups back to cd and play em on ps1 phat softmodded [spring] the emu is only when I let my sister play crash bash since she just wont let me mod her ps2 slim to do it. And was think that since I found working emu's fps 100% graphics and sound 100% control 100% for snes/snes station usb 2.4, nes/it might be nes, genesis/pgen, sms and black and white gb/infogb that maybe a gba was possible.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No gba at full speed is not possible with ps2boy if the last reported stats are correct

both the 16 bit emulators are not as perfect as you think but I guess that doesn't mater if it works with what you want it to

it might be nes... I thought that was a emu for the PSX but back in the day it seemed to run just fine I never did test everything though so there may be issues I never seen.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I found ports of it might be nes for the ps2 on --- under ps2 homebrew and they work a heck of a lot better then fceultra waaay better and I was playing with my friend's ps1 light gun and I just finished playing snes falcon's revenge it worked fine earth quest,donkey kong country, country 2 and 3 work perfectly super mario all stars, animaniacs, demons crest, x-zone, super mario land worked without any buggs, but chrono trigger had lines on over world map that ws the only error I could find in snes station as for IMBNes I still can't find any problems and the only problem with ps2psxe I really notice is the new one if you skipp audio buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuzzzzzzzz and the main menu color. Why white? Couldn't ffgriever of made it I don;t know like a reddish brown or dark grey with white letters cause the sound my old tv makes really bad and since it went through a fire whites out like tissue is in front of the screen every time I go into it to select a new game throws aim off on resident evil survivor [E] gun can't see.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 14th-November-2012 at 20:06. Reason: no warez sites allowed