Thread: PSX Conversion to EBOOT with Multiple Bin Files?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default PSX Conversion to EBOOT with Multiple Bin Files?

Hi everyone!

So, I've started converting my own PSX games (as well as PSX games I've found here on EP) to run on my PSP. I've successfully converted Parasite Eve 1 & 2, Fear Effect 1 & 2, Resident Evil 1, 2, and 3, and a handful of others (I'm most proud of actually getting PE1 to work, though...that was a serious pain). I've hit a bit of a snag, though. Some games, like Tekken, for instance, are broken up into 28 Bin files and a Cue file. I've converted other games that were in Bin and Cue format successfully for my PSP...that isn't my problem. The problem is that I have no idea what to do if a game is more than one Bin and Cue pair. Alone in the Dark - The New Nightmare (the game I'm really trying to get working on my PSP) is a Cue file and 2 Bin files. I've tried converting the 2 Bins and Cue into a single Bin and Cue using MagicISO, then converting the merged Bin and Cue to an EBOOT, but my PSP says it's corrupted data. I've tried converting the 2 Bins and Cue into an ISO, then converting the ISOs into an EBOOT, but my PSP goes to a black screen and crashes when the game should be starting up. Lastly, I've tried just converting the 1st track Bin file to the EBOOT directly (this method gave me the best results...but the game seemingly crashes after selecting my character). I haven't tried monkeying around with different POPS versions to see if one works better...but all my other PSX to PSP conversions run just fine on the 6.20 or 6.35 versions of POPS.

Just so everyone knows (and in case it's pertinent), I'm using CFW 6.20 Pro-B10 with the permanent patch. For conversions to EBOOT, I'm using PSX2PSP version 1.4.2.

Any advice on converting PSX games broken up into multiple Bin files to working EBOOTs would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

games that have sound tracks are like that you can either mount the CD image via the cue sheet (Daemon Tools Lite is good for that & free) and use ImgBurn (It's free) to create a single bin+cue or you can open the cue with ISObuster (free version is enough) and create a bin+cue with that

The place you download these has a file in there called cues & sbis that has the cue sheet in it if you are missing that

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Zorlon,

Thanks for the answer. ISOBuster did the trick for Dino Crisis (2 Bins and a Cue), which was the only game I had handy to test with. For some reason, Daemon Tools Lite won't recognize my PSX backups as valid images, so I couldn't go the Daemon Tools/ImgBurn route...BUT as near as I can tell right now, ISOBuster may be the fix I was looking for.

I'll test with Alone in the Dark and a few others when I can and post the results.

Thank you again. I'm really stoked about being able to carry even more of my PSX library on the go!