Page 102 of 262 FirstFirst ... 25292979899100101102103104105106107112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 3924

Thread: The Hang: It's Officially Out

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    I didn't even see that post. What thread was this in?

I always get my ass handed to me in Contra games. I think it's 'cause I attempt to rush through them too fast, since it feels like that's what you're suppose to do, then I get tripped up and obliterated. I want to attempt a no-death run of one of the Castlevania games for the NES. Preferably 1 or 3, since I hated 2.
    The one where I brag about stuff no one cares about. You're right though, rushing is very rarely the best strategy, and pretty much never in the first two games since you don't have those fancy bombs at that point. It's also more fun to rush when playing two players, which'll always lead to you both getting killed (enemies show up further to the left of the screen for some dumb reason, surprising the front person, and the guy at the back gets trapped by snipers and shit. And then I end up yelling at my mate that it's co-op, not no-op. I'm so clever).

I should actually play and beat a Castlevania game at some point, but I have a feeling they are longer than I want a NES game to be in order to master it. :/ Same for GaG... well, that and it sort of sucks.
    Last edited by Elmdor Rizer; 15th-November-2012 at 22:58.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Blah

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elmdor Rizer View Post
    The one where I brag about stuff no one cares about. You're right though, rushing is very rarely the best strategy, and pretty much never in the first two games since you don't have those fancy bombs and that point. It's also more fun to rush when playing two players, which'll always lead to you both getting killed (enemies show up further to the left of the screen for some dumb reason, surprising the front person, and the guy at the back gets trapped by snipers and shit. And then I end up yelling at my mate that it's co-op, not no-op. I'm so clever).

I should actually play and beat a Castlevania game at some point, but I have a feeling they are longer than I want a NES game to be in order to master it. :/ Same for GaG... well, that and it sort of sucks.
    Ah. Totally missed that entire thread. Must have been one of those times I left EP open and my new posts list got fucked up.

I started to find that when I no-deathed Batman (NES). There were a lot of instances where if you continued to run without stopping towards enemies, they would always hit you. If you stopped for half a second once they showed up on screen and then started running again, you could get to them just as they finished their attack. Once I figured that out, the game became so much easier.

I want to no-death Castlevania, but the games are ridiculously hard. I haven't mastered the later levels yet, and keep getting destroyed by something silly, like Medusa Heads. Ghosts 'n' Goblins... yeah, we're just not going to talk about that game. I beat it, once, after basically brute forcing my way through the entire game, but I'm afraid to know how many times I died during that run. At least 200 times, and that's not even a joke.

Ninja Gaiden... I've never gotten the hang of. I never played them as a kid, so every time I attempt to now I get destroyed and discouraged, then go on to something that I enjoy playing, like Castlevania or Mega Man.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

OH MY GAWD STEVE WAS RIGHT POTATOES ARE WORTH DIEING IF YOU HAVE NONE

Thanks
    EP Points

Ah. Totally missed that entire thread. Must have been one of those times I left EP open and my new posts list got fucked up.

I started to find that when I no-deathed Batman (NES). There were a lot of instances where if you continued to run without stopping towards enemies, they would always hit you. If you stopped for half a second once they showed up on screen and then started running again, you could get to them just as they finished their attack. Once I figured that out, the game became so much easier.

I want to no-death Castlevania, but the games are ridiculously hard. I haven't mastered the later levels yet, and keep getting destroyed by something silly, like Medusa Heads. Ghosts 'n' Goblins... yeah, we're just not going to talk about that game. I beat it, once, after basically brute forcing my way through the entire game, but I'm afraid to know how many times I died during that run. At least 200 times, and that's not even a joke.

Ninja Gaiden... I've never gotten the hang of. I never played them as a kid, so every time I attempt to now I get destroyed and discouraged, then go on to something that I enjoy playing, like Castlevania or Mega Man.
    I've never really played Batman. I should do that, especially now that you've taught me the ancient no-death secret.

So. Sadistic. Programmers.

But Ninja Gaiden is so paced and wonderful! Well, except for the whole trial-and-error part, but that's been very much reduced in the third instalment, which even has proper hit detection! And the insanity of the birds is gone too... but come to think about it, the fact that birds don't hurt you x 3 the damage done by any other enemy is probably negated by the fact that almost every enemy gives you atleast 3 points of damage. Tecmo so silly.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Something tells me I'll have to start with the third game, then. They're actually on my list of games to buy, but they're getting quite expensive at the moment. 1 & 2 are pretty cheap, but 3 runs around $40 just for the cart.

Thanks
    EP Points

If you want an easier start you should go with the SNES version of the third game. It's so much easier than the NES version it's rather ridiculous. Err, perhaps I should've put a more positive spin on that sentence...

Thanks
    EP Points

I think I'll play the third Ninja Gaiden too.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Something tells me I'll have to start with the third game, then. They're actually on my list of games to buy, but they're getting quite expensive at the moment. 1 & 2 are pretty cheap, but 3 runs around $40 just for the cart.
    NJ3 is the only one I don't have for the NES.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamerror View Post
    I think I'll play the third Ninja Gaiden too.
    Liking the sig Iamerror.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
    NJ3 is the only one I don't have for the NES.
    If I didn't have such a hard-on for the boxes, I probably would have bought the trilogy by now. I've been keeping my eyes open for some more lots that have at least a couple of boxed games in them, but everything either has too many duplicates or is too expensive.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Okay. Now that J&D is done, gonna clean up my house a bit and perhaps go grab some food. And maybe buy a bookshelf.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I heard the "romantic" part of vampire diaries on in the next room so I walked out there and RIIIIIIIIIIPPED a dirty deadlegion.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    I heard the "romoantic" part of vampire diaries on in the next room so I walked out there and RIIIIIIIIIIPPED a dirty deadlegion.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks

sounds sexy

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So how your little brother Crosshatch?