Thread: ePSXe missing WNASPI32.dll problem

Hybrid View

Thanks

Question ePSXe missing WNASPI32.dll problem

I'm trying to run ePSXe, and it's constantly giving me a problem that I'm missing WNASPI32.dll. I've done searches for this, and found two answers for fixing it:

1. Downloading ForceASPI(I think it's called that), which apparently doesn't work with Windows 7.
    2. Switching the CD-ROM plugin to IOCTL mode. I've tried this, but the emulator still gives me constant errors about missing the DLL.

If it means anything, I'm using Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace game to test this out. Even if I manage to keep the emulator running despite the errors, I just get a black screen on running the game. If I run the game in psX emulator though, it works fine, so I know it's not a bad iso.

Any advice?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

what version of ePSXe is being used
    how exactly are you trying to run the game? (i.e. what method)
    what CD plugin are you currently using? I would recomend ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0, if you are using ePSXe CDR ASPI core 1.7.0 that is the probelm

You can find ASPI drivers that work with Win7 but why bother when you don't need em

personly never heard of the issue

I will or one of our other members may... try and figure this out for you

I'm just about to go offline so if there is no help by tomorrow I will fix this myself

I'm not 100% sure but I don't even think ASPI is even used in newer OS's
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-November-2012 at 23:44.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I'm using version 1.7.0. In terms of how to run the game, I've tried both CD-ROM and ISO methods. I tried using the driver you suggested, but saw no change. Either method of loading the game is met with a black screen. And even though I've set the emulator to not use an ASPI plugin, it STILL bothers me about missing the dll, and forces the emulator to minimize(I can bring it back though).

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try This or google for frogASPI that I once installed when I had an ASPI issue with Vista

Not had the issue on windows 7 64, but with all the software I have had it may of been included with another prog or may of been included with windows 7 64bit
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-November-2012 at 10:53.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MagicianFaust View Post
    I'm trying to run ePSXe, and it's constantly giving me a problem that I'm missing WNASPI32.dll.
    Download WNASPI32.dll and stick it in the same folder as your epsxe.exe, or in your system32 folder in windows.

Here's a download link; http://www.dll-files.com/wnaspi32.zip?0WHeXFcLiO

This solution applies to any other time you have a "suchandsuch.dll is missing" type error; just google the name of the file, download the file, and stick it in the same directory as the executable throwing the error (or again, in system32).

Awesome name/avatar btw, LoD ftw
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MaslowK For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The winaspi32 is for w98 only , you don't neede in epsxe , you must select the epsxe cdr wnt/w2k core 1.7

Thanks

Like I said, I tried selecting the wnt/w2k option, but the error kept showing up.

At any rate, the Mekugi ASPI thing fixed this for me. Thanks Zorlon.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MagicianFaust View Post
    Like I said, I tried selecting the wnt/w2k option, but the error kept showing up.

At any rate, the Mekugi ASPI thing fixed this for me. Thanks Zorlon.
    Hi,

Mayve it is to late, but I also had this problem. Solution that worked for me is to delete all dll files from plugins folder that contain aspi in their names.
    Obviously, for some reaon, ePSx searches trouhg all plugins. My guess is that this is some bug in plug in validation, but neverthless this solution will probably work.

Regards,
    Ognjen

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ognjenmi For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

By over a year

Do not revive old threads
    Last edited by Zorlon; 23rd-January-2014 at 20:46.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]