Thread: MGS portable ops possible glitch [PAL]

Thanks
    EP Points

Default MGS portable ops possible glitch [PAL]

First i'll say that after doing some more research on differences between them i've switched from the + version of the game to the normal one(hadn't originally realized the story is gone is + version) Emulator version is ppsspp 0.9.6-535 64 bit. The problem i've noticed is that upon loading a save state the screen (covers nearly the entire screen) briefly flashes red then returns to normal. Not quite sure if its actually causing any problems or not, so figured i'd post here about it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Does it happen everytime you load a savestate? Have you tested it on official build?

and I also didn't see anyone who have experiencing this kind problem (I'd like to test it out but doesn't have the + version),
    but if the problem persist, I'd suggest report it at dev site.
    vc3 released.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, if i am not in a menu(for example the start menu) Cannot test outside of a mission yet, as i have just started the game, and was thrown into a mission immediately. As for testing on an official build....no. As i understand it the last official build still has lots of broken textures for this game and the health/stamina bars do not work correctly, hence why I am running a git build. Also i'm guessing you didn't read my above post carefully enough, i said i switched from the + version to the NORMAL version of the game.

EDIT
    the copy of the game i'm using came from right here http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...rope%29/156519
    Last edited by rmcin329; 21st-January-2014 at 21:21.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin329 View Post
    Yes, if i am not in a menu(for example the start menu) Cannot test outside of a mission yet, as i have just started the game, and was thrown into a mission immediately. As for testing on an official build....no. As i understand it the last official build still has lots of broken textures for this game and the health/stamina bars do not work correctly, hence why I am running a git build. Also i'm guessing you didn't read my above post carefully enough, i said i switched from the + version to the NORMAL version of the game.

EDIT
    the copy of the game i'm using came from right here http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...rope%29/156519
    Yeah, it was late at night when reading your post, so yeah.. (and I also thought to have the + version instead of normal version on my disk )

I'll test it later today when I'm home.

EDIT:
    Tested it. Didn't experience anything unusual when using savestate. (on both 0.9.6, and git-538)
    Last edited by meganova; 22nd-January-2014 at 06:21.
    vc3 released.

Thanks
    EP Points

updated to version 0.9.6-540 64 bit and tried again same problem, though i'm not sure if its really a serious issue, or something to just be ignored. Here is a screenshot

That is what i see briefly whenever i load a savestate.
    Last edited by rmcin329; 22nd-January-2014 at 10:10.

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh, are you by any chances switching through the renderer options while playing? (I recalled you asking something about this game previously, I'm quite unsure btw)

If yes, and you may noticed that the emulator will automatically use savestate prior switching the game (so that you can reload the last savestate if the game crashed or freeze when switching renderer).
    Thus, if you try to load the savestate, the screen can sometimes show gibberish image, or savestate ingame image when loading.

Happen to me lots of time when spamming the savestate and pressed the F5 button instead of F4 along the way.
    vc3 released.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, to fix cutscene issues described in another topic(no other known solution to them) However this gibberish image shows up even if i never changed rendering modes, started a new game and fresh save state died then loaded that state. And no i have not noticed the emulator automatically use savestates, though i suppose it could be without my noticing it.