Thread: How do I install roms needed for the snes Emulator on the Wii?

Thanks

Default How do I install roms needed for the snes Emulator on the Wii?

How do I install roms needed for the snes Emulator on the Wii? Do I just drag and drop in the app section of my SD card, or do they have to be in a certain area, or any particular format? Thanks!

Thanks
    EP Points

You can just stick them anywhere on the SD card afaik, you should have the option to navigate the directories on your SD card through the emulators to find them if necessary (I'm assuming you're using Snes9x gx?)

On mine I have a snes9xgx folder right on the root directory of my card, which has "cheats", "roms" and "saves" directories in it, and my roms are placed in said "roms" directory. I forget if the emulator creates these folders by default (might have to run it once first), but if not you could always create them manually and just stick your roms there (I'm assuming these are the emulators default directories anyway).
    Last edited by MaslowK; 3rd-November-2012 at 07:36.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MaslowK For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Personly I have 2x WBFS partitions and a Fat partition on my USB HDD and all my roms go on that rather than an SD

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

When you get the app for Snes9gx you need to make a folder called snes9gx that has inside a rom and saves folder which u put the SCM's (pretty sure that's the file extension it's the extracted snes game file) and put SRM's if you have any supported by snes9. Boot it up on the Homebrew Channel and just tell the gx where the games which in my case its on my SD card you can have it on a USB as well. Lastly leave save on Auto Detect it should send the saves into the right folder you should b good 2 go.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pokemongenius For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Personly I have 2x WBFS partitions and a Fat partition on my USB HDD and all my roms go on that rather than an SD
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemongenius View Post
    When you get the app for Snes9gx you need to make a folder called snes9gx that has inside a rom and saves folder which u put the SCM's (pretty sure that's the file extension it's the extracted snes game file) and put SRM's if you have any supported by snes9. Boot it up on the Homebrew Channel and just tell the gx where the games which in my case its on my SD card you can have it on a USB as well. Lastly leave save on Auto Detect it should send the saves into the right folder you should b good 2 go.
    Like what Zorlon and Pokemongenius said, you should have some sort of FAT paritition either sd or usb and place all your roms in the snes9xgx roms folder (it should be included if you downloaded it using the homebrew browser) The default is snes9xgx/roms but there may be a custom path if you use a different folder to save you time from browsing through all your folders

Thanks
    EP Points

The Roms Might Also Have The Extension .swc
    Last edited by 47iscool; 13th-November-2012 at 00:43.