Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Beginning of my Xbox HD list

Xbox HD output

Basicly will list all the games I have tested and the resulting display via Component HD

So far only got a few games on it # games I have yet to test, but the other pages have been tested, contains all my original PAL games and a handfull of NTSC games

I have also left space for PS2 Component HD display to see if there are any differences, that I will fill in aswell when I get round to testing those aswell (this is only for multisystem releases obviously)

I may remove the serial ref as alot of xbox games did not have one, including a few of the PAL originals I own and a number of NTSC releases
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-October-2012 at 23:47.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Update.. I should have W to Z tested by tomorrow, just got a couple more W games to add (I am only adding [NTSC|U] games for now, the PAL games on there are from my personal original DVD's that some seem to be missing so I couldn't add them... I think I loaned them to so called friends and just never got them back)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm curious if you mean that these games all show the entire screen when using a wide-screen (HD) mode such as 720p.
    Currently many of my games only display in the center section of the screen, with black borders around all 4 sides which is really annoying. At first I thought it was only the PAL games that did that, but some of the older NTSC games do as well (including many in your list). I would like to find a way of fixing those, or getting a list of NTSC games which do display edge-to-edge on the HD TV.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No such fix exists and most games do not support true wide screen they are simply stretched

I don't have any games that have borders along the top and bottom but a few games do have large borders on the sides and display in 4:3 in widescreen mode but most the stretched ones have a thin ones on the sides

If you are forcing 720p that would be the cause of the borders on the top bottom and sides though, just run at 480p unless the game actually supports 720p

P.S. the list is just about complete, I neglected to mention what games have true widescreen support though, it's not many though

90% of the time if you force higher res by editing the xbe it will cause issues and or just not work, forcing via a mod chip will result in what you describe

I guess this could also be an issue with your TV though as well if you are only using supported output for the games rather than forced output

The list has supported outputs listed
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-February-2014 at 21:47.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]