Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burning Philips CD-I games

Thanks

Default Burning Philips CD-I games

Posted this in another section... may have been the wrong one... though this may be too haha sorry guys..

Hi guys, I seen an article about burning CD-I games, but it was from 04 and I don't think it was of much use anymore.

Anyways, I have discjuggler, and a CD-R and I downloaded Link's Awakening. It has the .bin and .cue files. Basically I'm just wondering how to burn it to my disc, and if perhaps there is a better way?

I'm assuming there isn't any modding that needs to be done to the system itself. I found a CD-I system and want to try it out.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nice find! Even though there are no good titles, I would love to own one as well.
    I found a tutorial which states "2004" as well, so it may be the same one you found, but nothing can have changed since then so go ahead and follow it.
    Just skimming through it, it says that there is no copy protection in the machine, so all games should work; burned or otherwise. The problem is that an ordinary burning software will not see the "hidden" data tracks, so a bit of processing on your part is in order.
    http://www.cdinteractive.co.uk/cic/i...g_guide_v2.pdf

Thanks
    EP Points

Took care of the other thread and kept this one, since Jazz has already posted~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    Nice find! Even though there are no good titles, I would love to own one as well.
    I found a tutorial which states "2004" as well, so it may be the same one you found, but nothing can have changed since then so go ahead and follow it.
    Just skimming through it, it says that there is no copy protection in the machine, so all games should work; burned or otherwise. The problem is that an ordinary burning software will not see the "hidden" data tracks, so a bit of processing on your part is in order.
    http://www.cdinteractive.co.uk/cic/i...g_guide_v2.pdf
    Okay, well here's the question I have. There is a .cue and a .bin file. It doesn't say which one I load and burn. Any idea?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by jamescurtis24 View Post
    Okay, well here's the question I have. There is a .cue and a .bin file. It doesn't say which one I load and burn. Any idea?
    While burning, choose the cue. Its a basic text file with all of the partition, track, etc information. The actual disc image is in the BIN.

Thanks

While burning, choose the cue. Its a basic text file with all of the partition, track, etc information. The actual disc image is in the BIN.
    Erm... lol so when I go through the burning process, I select .Cue. Then do I do anything at all with the .Bin file? or just ignore it. I apologize for my noobishness.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Erm... lol so when I go through the burning process, I select .Cue. Then do I do anything at all with the .Bin file? or just ignore it. I apologize for my noobishness.
    All you have to do is make sure the two files are in the same folder. The name of the BIN is also in the CUE, so your burning software will grab it for you when it finishes processing the CUE.

Thanks

All you have to do is make sure the two files are in the same folder. The name of the BIN is also in the CUE, so your burning software will grab it for you when it finishes processing the CUE.
    Oh, neat. Well I'm gonna give this a try... I'll let you guys know how it turns out tomorrow!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Please do and don't worry about questions since I had to ask them at one point to learn.

Thanks

Wait, what speed should I burn it at? currently set to fastests (24x)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Wait, what speed should I burn it at? currently set to fastests (24x)
    Slowest. Always slowest. I always set it to 2x, but my burner only supports 2.4x which it defaults to.

Thanks

Slowest. Always slowest. I always set it to 2x, but my burner only supports 2.4x which it defaults to.
    When I move the slider to slowest, it only comes down to 10x. Can I change that?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

When I move the slider to slowest, it only comes down to 10x. Can I change that?
    It might be the slowest your media or burner supports (or maybe the slowest all CD's support). I was referring to DVD speeds I guess.
    Go ahead and choose 10x.

Thanks

It might be the slowest your media or burner supports (or maybe the slowest all CD's support). I was referring to DVD speeds I guess.
    Go ahead and choose 10x.
    Last question for you.... Wand of Gamelon or Faces of Evil.... which one should I give the terror of trying first? I only have one CD-R atm.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The coin says tails. Wand it is.