Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First fighting game?

Thanks
    EP Points

When my uncle convinced me to play Streets of Rage in my Mega Drive like... 20 years ago?

Thanks
    EP Points

Karate Champ on NES. I smacked my brother around all the time with the red guy

Thanks

Does Mike Tyson's Punch Out count? If not, then it'd be Street Fighter 2 at some bowling alley.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaymnhhngbfs View Post
    Does Mike Tyson's Punch Out count? If not, then it'd be Street Fighter 2 at some bowling alley.
    The first place I remember playing SF2 (or maybe it was the first place I finished the game) was the bowling alley in Fairhaven. Like 12 - 20 bucks worth of quarters. My hands stunk like nicotene from the teenage roughneck pool shooters that were playing before me. I also remember buying Sinistron for the T.G. 16 that day...
    Try to appreciate those who live during your own life time, because we'll all be dead soon enough.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by retrofiber View Post
    The first place I remember playing SF2 (or maybe it was the first place I finished the game) was the bowling alley in Fairhaven. Like 12 - 20 bucks worth of quarters. My hands stunk like nicotene from the teenage roughneck pool shooters that were playing before me. I also remember buying Sinistron for the T.G. 16 that day...
    Arcades were really shady places.... I miss that, haha. I remember my parents never wanted me to the one that was closest because it was full of ruffians and skate-punks and teenage smokers, etc. Every chance I got, my buddies and I would make our way there somehow, and always coming home reeking of smoke and always making up excuses as to why we stunk.

The only place with arcades in my area that wasn't off limits according to the P's was the Roller Skating Rink (do they even have those anymore?). They actually had a pretty impressive collection too. That was the place I first played SFII

Thanks
    EP Points

Double Dragon on the Master System.
    Sega sent me a copy of that for signing up to their fan club.
    That day I learned the little bumps on the D-pad cause blisters.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jaymnhhngbfs View Post
    Yeah Id say boxing is boxing, and MMA is fighting.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Golgo 13 View Post
    ...The only place with arcades in my area that wasn't off limits according to the P's was the Roller Skating Rink (do they even have those anymore?). They actually had a pretty impressive collection too. That was the place I first played SFII
    Your not kidding.The only place I ever saw the game A.P.B and the arcade version of Ninja Gaiden was at the skate rink. In fact it was across the street from that bowling alley I mentioned.
    Try to appreciate those who live during your own life time, because we'll all be dead soon enough.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by retrofiber View Post
    Your not kidding.The only place I ever saw the game A.P.B and the arcade version of Ninja Gaiden was at the skate rink. In fact it was across the street from that bowling alley I mentioned.
    Haha, good old skate rinks. We had two bowling alleys in the area and one had a pretty good arcade, but was also in the "rough" section of town so I didn't get there too often. The other bowling alley I used to bowl at in a youth league every saturday morning. They only had 1 arcade machine, but it was always a pinball machine.... they would switch it once a year, and the first year I was there the had No Good Gophers. The second year they had Jokers Wild (which I have been trying to find videos of this machine on youtube because it's awesome, but there's apparantly 2 Jokers Wild games because the one I always see on youtube is not the one I remember. It was a Williams machince, I do know that). The last year I was there they had some shitty 50's Rock n Roll style pin that totally blew.

As kids we'd always get a few bucks from the rents for a soda and candy bar or something and would do everything in our power to save quarters just to get a couple plays on those pins before we got picked up. Had some great times there.

Thanks

First fighting game was Mortal Kombat 3 or Street fighter 2. I really enjoyed both games when I was younger (didn't own SF but had MK) but as of now I do not consider myself a fan of fighting games. I tried to play SC4 but couldn't get into it, but for the most part just lost interest.

Thanks
    EP Points

Battle Arena Toshinden

Thanks
    EP Points

Computer: Mortal Kombat AMIGA

Console: Street Fighter 2 SNES

Arcade: Streets of Rage Arcade "but its Beat Em Up not Fighting at the old Feltham Airparks Swimming Bath where there used to be games in there upstairs"
    Last edited by TEOL; 27th-October-2012 at 09:51.

Thanks

I would say Pit Fighter on the Master System, then street Fighter 2' on the Megadrive (Genesis)

Thanks

For me, it was either Tekken 2 or Soul Edge. They were in the same arcade, and I played them both in succession on the same day so I can't remember which it was

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Crawler View Post
    Street Fighter, the original game.

Either that or Yie Ar Kung Fu
    Yie Ar Kung Fu ...and Urban Champ!
    I saw. I came. She slapped me.