Thread: PS2 problems

Thanks
    EP Points

Default PS2 problems

Hi, Im new here, but that's not what this topic is about

So, my PlayStation2 has a lot of problems, not specific problems but problems

Like, the other i was playing God of War II and after i beat Medusa I tried to save, and the save slots didn't show up

Most of the games dont work on versus mode, the other day, my cousin came visit, and I was trying to play Mortal Kombat Deception with him, so i
    plugged the other controler but the versus option didn't show up, i tried all Mortal Kombat's and only Shaolin Monks works on versus

When I played Ghost Recon:Advance Warfighter (or Warfare, I dont remember, I dont play the game much), I got to mission 3 or 4, and the communicator keeps getting stuck, it just repeats the same frase over and over, and some events dont happen

Onimusha 3 doesn't even start

In Sonic Heroes I'm lucky if it even shows the initial "Now Loading" screen, and when i get to Rail CAnyon, it just stops loading and reading the disc, sometimes Rail Canyon loads when playing as Team Chaotix, but only sometimes

Sonic Riders and Sonic Riders:Zero Gravity, all the 2-player options dont work

I had to throw out Dragonball Z:Budokai Tenkaichi and Dragonball Z:Infinite World

The only game that works on versus is Naruto:Ultimate Ninja 3

Sonic Unleashed and Naruto:Ultimate Ninja 3 work perfectly fine for some reason

Can someone help me?!I dont wanna have to throw any games out cause they dont work anymore

Thanks
    EP Points

I've never heard of a problem where a mode in a game won't even show up.

Anyhow sounds like you have multiple problems. Everything from very badly damaged discs to your laser dying and blown memory card and/or controller ports. Only thing I can recommend is to grab yourself a new/used system. They're not that expensive.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    I've never heard of a problem where a mode in a game won't even show up.

Anyhow sounds like you have multiple problems. Everything from very badly damaged discs to your laser dying and blown memory card and/or controller ports. Only thing I can recommend is to grab yourself a new/used system. They're not that expensive.
    Damn,my knew my ps2 had problems but not that many, my ps2 is pretty old, I got it when i was like 8 (im 16 now), and when I got it i didnt take very good care of it, cause I was just a kid at the time, but if my PS2 has all these problems, then how do Sonic Unleashed and Naruto:Ultimate Ninja 3 work perfectly fine?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by HyperGabriel View Post
    Damn,my knew my ps2 had problems but not that many, my ps2 is pretty old, I got it when i was like 8 (im 16 now), and when I got it i didnt take very good care of it, cause I was just a kid at the time, but if my PS2 has all these problems, then how do Sonic Unleashed and Naruto:Ultimate Ninja 3 work perfectly fine?
    Maybe just luck or coincidence. The discs for those must be in good shape

Beats me man. Your stuff sounds screwed though.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You have to take into consideration that some games have active disc access while other only read data once in a while

The smallest things can stop a disc from reading a small scratch a bit of dirt or a smudge on either the discs or the laser unit can cause problem loading

Wrightable media reading takes more effort from a laser than a retail pressed disc does and read at a slower rate as well therefore it's takes a lot less to interupt reading of a writable media than it does of a retail disc, if a laser is on it's way out or is not perfectly clean as well as the media itself you will notice issues starting to arise be it lagged reading, skipping, things not loading at times ect ect...

Saying all that mind a badly burned disc or a damaged disc or even bad DVD media will cause all of those issues as well

DVD-R are the worst for varying quality they go from a console being unable to read them at all to a console being able to read parts and bad stuttering to playing perfect

DVD+R is much better for quality but older models of the PS2 can not use these as they had been released before there even was DVD+R media

Game Modes on working discs should not be affected at all, asides from port faults or faulty controllers, i.e. the PS2 finding it hard to propperly detect the controller.

If you want to test the 2nd controller just use that on port one for a while see if it disconnects while playing or anything like that

If any controller in port 2 sometimes disconnects then it's the port that isn't too good... that's not so good

Also make sure that both controller are PS2 controllers as most PS2 games will not work with a PSX/PS1/PSone pad
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-August-2013 at 15:24.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR