Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I officially state this... Routers are the work of a satanic cult!

Christopher Time Guest

Default I officially state this... Routers are the work of a satanic cult!

Earlier tonight my Cable went out for a second.. Not long enough to annoy me but.. It did..
    However, my router decided it was long enough to go bonkers.. Thus my connection was dead.
    This lasted up to four hours, yes.. I just now fixed it.. And I must say, I hate routers.
    It seems (I noticed this from the start) the router refused to assign itself an IP.
    I thought "No big deal, i'll just do it manually.." but did that work? Nooooo...
    The idiotic thing still didn't work, just now though I somehow got it to assign itself a IP..
    What is ironic\stupid.. Is it was the same IP I was trying to use but failed.. I mean.. gee..
    Well I must say, this is sad.. I'm good with computers too, it just didn't do anything right..
    Oh well, I officially state they are the work of a satanic cult! Who agrees?

SomeUserGuy Guest

i've read many people complain about it, so i think i agree.

BrinkofTime Guest

Yeah my router was such a pain in the ass I had to hire someone to come out and hook the damn thing up and configure it the way it needed to be....routers are hellspawn
    Attached Images Attached Images

Icarus Guest

hey at least your not stuck with ISDN thats slow because its networked to 3 other computers because your dad doesn't want to take the time to network cable

Thanks

Hmm ... I haven't had those problems with my router yet, and I sure would hate to be in your position. But I've only had it for a month so far, so hopefully it doesn't do that at the worst possible time.

OENSTOEK Guest

Ugh, bitch bitch bitch... I have 56k, be happy with what you've got .

Oddly enough, I'm doing an English assessment on cults and overbearing religions. We were meant to pick an issue teenagers face, and so instead of doing abortion or drugs like everyone else, I just had to try to be original and see if I could do something a bit different... thankfully the internet is cult haven .

Thanks

Wow, and you still spend so much time at the boards, Jimmy? It shows your commitment.

Eeek - I hate those broad topics that have essentially no grounds to limit you. Cults and overbearing religions. The others picked the other topics because they probably had more experience with them. Just j/k.

And maybe you're part of the emuparadise cult.

GIR Guest

Default blame the ISP

Blame the ISP for probably doing to you what they did to me earlier.

You see, I've had this IP for four days now. They decided that's a little bit too long.

I mean, hey, I don't have a business account with them. I'm supposed to have a static IP, but when you don't shut down your computer, that doesn't really matter.

So, about an hour ago, I lose connection for ten minutes while I try to ipconfig /renew and get a new IP as soon as the cable modem reconnects.

DAMN YOU, ROADRUNNER!

Thanks
    EP Points

Damn all routers to hell, Maison's won't behave, Super Bagel's won't behave and we've just lost too many ftp's/fserves due to router problems :/

Thanks

This topic makes me feel a lot better about my personal computer getting connected to my familys computer with a router next week. No longer am I the only one in the family blessed with cable...
    XBL I IcedEarth28
    Play with me!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

i have a static IP now, so if i ever cause trouble, i can now be ip banned from the boards, and i will be dead hehehe

Thanks

That's what proxies are for, Dave.
    PS: My new sig owns.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I hate my router. It's given out on me a few times, and now I can't get the cable flowing to the other computer. Fortunatly, I have a friend who's a miracle worker with computers, and he'll fix it up for five bucks. So I don't got much to worry about.

SomeUserGuy Guest

some friend. shouldn't he help you out just cause he's your friend?

Thanks

some friend. shouldn't he help you out just cause he's your friend?

well they say friends shouldn't do buiness