Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spyro the Dragon 3 - Year of the Dragon [NTSC-U] ISO is V1.0 or v1.1, included Patch?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 166 Posts
    EP Points

I know were talking about the psx (PS1 i have a scph-5501). see theres different types of coding for mod-chips. Theres quite a bit. Theres MM3, ONEchip and Mayumi etc.

now as i was looking up this topic not too long ago to see how updated my ps1 mod-chip i bought a year and a half ago was. I Bought it from www.modchip.ca, and when i was looking up to see if my mod-chip was capable of playing spyro 3 and others. they said the mod chip's hex (Programming, Code used in modchip.ca's ps1 stealth elite chip) is the same as MM3. so i what i did was i downloaded Spyro 3 from "Dopeguy" which is a clean rip (non-patched) and tested it out for my self. burned it and started playing it on my psx with the mod-chip which is loaded with MM3 and then voila it worked. Went to certain parts of the game that triggers those anti-piracy messages (Zoe) and nothing showed up.

*Update* I now sell these chips

*Edit* or if you got EEPRom Recorder, program the pic (has to be the pics listed below) with this file

Hex file for the 12c508/A 12c509/A Pics (Just enter the captcha and your good) : http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?na...getit&lid=1645
    Hex file for the 12F629 pic (Just enter the captcha and your good): http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?na...getit&lid=9349
    Last edited by Zer0-2k11; 18th-December-2013 at 19:47. Reason: Typo's and more info

I notice my uploads are taken down, i am the the process of reuploading
    If you like any of my uploads, be sure to hit the "Thanks" button
    Every month i try to add new games. For my list of uploads, check out here
    Need your console modded?, check out my store here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crab Nicholson View Post
    I know were talking about the psx (PS1 i have a scph-5501). see theres different types of coding for mod-chips. Theres quite a bit. Theres MM3 which is superior to the other hex's like mm, mm2, ONEchip and Mayumi etc.

now as i was looking up this topic not too long ago to see how updated my ps1 mod-chip i bought a year and a half ago was. I Bought it from www.modchip.ca, and when i was looking up to see if my mod-chip was capable of playing spyro 3 and others. they said the mod chip's hex (Programming, Code used in modchip.ca's ps1 stealth elite chip) is the same as MM3. so i what i did was i downloaded Spyro 3 from "Dopeguy" which is a clean rip (non-patched) and tested it out for my self. burned it and started playing it on my psx with the mod-chip which is loaded with MM3 and then voila it worked. Went to certain parts of the game that triggers those anti-piracy messages (Zoe) and nothing showed up.

I know somebody over at assembler-games, that sells these chips dirt cheap no need to pay the amount modchip.ca charges them for.

*Edit* or if you got EEPRom Recorder, program the pic (has to be the pics listed below) with this file

Hex file for the 12c508/A 12c509/A Pics (Just enter the captcha and your good) : http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?na...getit&lid=1645
    Hex file for the 12F629 pic (Just enter the captcha and your good): http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?na...getit&lid=9349
    Wao Thanks Crab, at last we understand ...
    In advance thank you for this answer, actually, if I have the Genius G840 EEPROM burner, and still keep in good condition.
    Genius G840 EEPROM.jpg
    I think you too are technical in Game video, I was a long time ago, but I'm still working on some issues.
    This was what I wanted to know and wanted to do but could not remember if Spyro 3 could not run on consoles that have the old Mod-Chip. Like mine.
    I have recorded the CD "Spyro 3" clean, without the patch, well, I will try to record the PIC as advise and proves me to see if it works. Before, I realize yourself some questions:

1. 1. Which of these two files "Hex" recomended you, and which of the three PICs?, I possess any of the 3 types of "PICs"? Remember that my console is SCPH-7501 Original big, not small PS1.
    SCPH-7501.jpg
    2. Once updated the Mod-Chip with any of these Hex http://www.newark.com/microchip/pic1...Product=12F629, I can run all PSX games with the protections they have some that are extreme, and not problem?
    3. I can re-write the PIC that is mine now, and leave the connection without further alterations in my console SCPH-7501?

NOTE:
    Within the multiple files Hex are in RAR (EUR, JAP & USA) guess we select the USA and if we have some game in PAL or JAP, we could use a system traslete Patch for the game in NTSC USA, right?.

By...
    Last edited by EngelP; 24th-October-2012 at 00:18.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by EngelP View Post
    Wao Thanks Crab, at last we understand ...
    In advance thank you for this answer, actually, if I have the Genius G840 EEPROM burner, and still keep in good condition.
    Genius G840 EEPROM.jpg
    I think you too are technical in Game video, I was a long time ago, but I'm still working on some issues.
    This was what I wanted to know and wanted to do but could not remember if Spyro 3 could not run on consoles that have the old Mod-Chip. Like mine.
    I have recorded the CD "Spyro 3" clean, without the patch, well, I will try to record the PIC as advise and proves me to see if it works. Before, I realize yourself some questions:

1. 1. Which of these two files "Hex" recomended you, and which of the three PICs?, I possess any of the 3 types of "PICs"? Remember that my console is SCPH-7501 Original big, not small PS1.
    SCPH-7501.jpg
    2. Once updated the Mod-Chip with any of these Hex http://www.newark.com/microchip/pic1...Product=12F629, I can run all PSX games with the protections they have some that are extreme, and not problem?
    3. I can re-write the PIC that is mine now, and leave the connection without further alterations in my console SCPH-7501?

NOTE:
    Within the multiple files Hex are in RAR (EUR, JAP & USA) guess we select the USA and if we have some game in PAL or JAP, we could use a system traslete Patch for the game in NTSC USA, right?.

By...
    1. By the scph model you gave me (scph-7501) its a USA console. so you should use the USA hex. Any of those PIC's are fine. if you had between the 3 i would use the 12c508/a but any of them works fine but make sure you use the right hex for the right PICs (See my last post)

2. I can't see why not, it should load any game with the newest Anti-piracy technology with no problems as spyro 3 just proved it

3. From what i hear PIC's cannot be overwritten (One time only record)

Heres a guide on recording the PIC properly if you dont know how.

So how did I burned the chip:

1. I used IC-Prog 1.06C Don't use 1.06 (in my case when I read the chip it only gave me 0FFF's and no osc value at the end) 1.06B works too.

2. Hardware settings:
    - Programmer: JDM Programmer
    - Interface: Windows API
    - I/O delay: 1
    - Communication: All boxes unchecked

3. Settings > Options > Programming:
    - Verify after programming: unchecked
    - Verify during programming: checked

4. Settings > Options > Misc:
    - Enable NT/2000/XP Driver (be sure you have icprog.sys in the same folder as IC-Prog executable)
    - Enable Vcc control for JDM

5. Command > Read All

6. Write down last 4 digits (mine were 0C60)

7. Load the .HEX

8. scroll down and double click last 4 digits 0FFF write by hand the last 4 digits in the lower box noted down in step 5 (do not copy/paste !)

9. Command > Program All.

10. If all went well you should get a Verifying OK notification. Optional you can reload the .HEX file in another buffer tab and compare the two (Buffer > Compare)
    The only digits different should be the last 4 calibration digits.

Install the chip and ENJOY!

Links to programs:
    icprog106c: http://psx-scene.com/forums/attachme...icprog106c.zip
    icprog_driver: http://psx-scene.com/forums/attachme...rog_driver.zip

Link for the install diagram (use 750x.jpg and 750x2.jpg and follow that guide):
    http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?na...getit&lid=1644
    Last edited by Zer0-2k11; 24th-October-2012 at 03:55.

Thanks

1. By the scph model you gave me (scph-7501) its a USA console. so you should use the USA hex. Any of those PIC's are fine. if you had between the 3 i would use the 12c508/a but any of them works fine but make sure you use the right hex for the right PICs (See my last post)

2. I can't see why not, it should load any game with the newest Anti-piracy technology with no problems as spyro 3 just proved it

3. From what i hear PIC's cannot be overwritten (One time only record)

Heres a guide on recording the PIC properly if you dont know how.

So how did I burned the chip:

1. I used IC-Prog 1.06C Don't use 1.06 (in my case when I read the chip it only gave me 0FFF's and no osc value at the end) 1.06B works too.

2. Hardware settings:
    - Programmer: JDM Programmer
    - Interface: Windows API
    - I/O delay: 1
    - Communication: All boxes unchecked

3. Settings > Options > Programming:
    - Verify after programming: unchecked
    - Verify during programming: checked

4. Settings > Options > Misc:
    - Enable NT/2000/XP Driver (be sure you have icprog.sys in the same folder as IC-Prog executable)
    - Enable Vcc control for JDM

5. Command > Read All

6. Write down last 4 digits (mine were 0C60)

7. Load the .HEX

8. scroll down and double click last 4 digits 0FFF write by hand the last 4 digits in the lower box noted down in step 5 (do not copy/paste !)

9. Command > Program All.

10. If all went well you should get a Verifying OK notification. Optional you can reload the .HEX file in another buffer tab and compare the two (Buffer > Compare)
    The only digits different should be the last 4 calibration digits.

Install the chip and ENJOY!

Links to programs:
    icprog106c: http://psx-scene.com/forums/attachme...icprog106c.zip
    icprog_driver: http://psx-scene.com/forums/attachme...rog_driver.zip

Link for the install diagram (use 750x.jpg and 750x2.jpg and follow that guide):
    http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?na...getit&lid=1644
    Yes it's true, you're right, if some models are rewritable, but these "PIC", are not. These "PIC" can be copied, one with another, if the original is no lock for reading.

I also read errors concerning IC-Prog 1.6 concerning the ocsilador and PIC 12F629 in this Spanish thread:
    http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_tutor...te_717962_s180
    It has to do something to tell me too?

Thanks, I want to ask you something else, if I have windows 7 64bit, I can make it work like the old ClonyXXL or another program that I have, if I am asked to install ASPI drivers. I think there is no 64bit windows ASPI, only 32bit, Or you are have some trick to set good this error, give me a solution if you can, of course?.

Thanks ...
    Last edited by EngelP; 24th-October-2012 at 23:06.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes it's true, you're right, if some models are rewritable, but these "PIC", are not. These "PIC" can be copied, one with another, if the original is no lock for reading.

I also read errors concerning IC-Prog 1.6 concerning the ocsilador and PIC 12F629 in this Spanish thread:
    http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_tutor...te_717962_s180
    It has to do something to tell me too?

Thanks, I want to ask you something else, if I have windows 7 64bit, I can make it work like the old ClonyXXL or another program that I have, if I am asked to install ASPI drivers. I think there is no 64bit windows ASPI, only 32bit, Or you are have some trick to set good this error, give me a solution if you can, of course?.

Thanks ...
    From what i hear icprog 1.6 has issues burning PICs properly but if you use icprog 1.6B or C (The Download link in my last post) works perfectly. I dont know any spanish but i noticed in the pictures they were using 1.5 and that could've been the issue. Also there could of been something wrong with the hex as i just google translated the page and they were trying to program the chip for the wii. For other programs im not too sure. ive been looking up a solution for clonyXXL with windows 7 64-bit but no solution has been found.
    If you use icprog 1.6c and follow the instructions in the last post you should be fine.

Thanks

From what i hear icprog 1.6 has issues burning PICs properly but if you use icprog 1.6B or C (The Download link in my last post) works perfectly. I dont know any spanish but i noticed in the pictures they were using 1.5 and that could've been the issue. Also there could of been something wrong with the hex as i just google translated the page and they were trying to program the chip for the wii. For other programs im not too sure. ive been looking up a solution for clonyXXL with windows 7 64-bit but no solution has been found.
    If you use icprog 1.6c and follow the instructions in the last post you should be fine.
    Thanks Crab,
    I'm looking for time to do it, I call for notice if all went well, thank you to the other partner "Zorlon" who also responded to my doubts.

What Hardware (Universal Programmer) do you use with the Software, IC Prog106c, That works well?

I have Windows 7 64bit operating system, I expect no problems when using the one I have, Your programmer works on Win7 x64?
    Last edited by EngelP; 30th-October-2012 at 23:00.

Thanks

Hi,
    I hope I do not get tired of me, and can answer.....

Try recording the PIC but I get an error (freezes in the middle of the schedule or closes at the end with an incorrect parameter and verify it says well) when copying and already lost 3 PIC, surely some mistake I have set the parameters of my PIC program recorder. I was reading on the Web. and most Pre-sets the controller IC Prog to record these PIC of the PSX and PS2, but none has been recorded with the Genius G540 which is what I have.
    The files that you send my ".Hex", are for versions, Stealth 2.8A EU? Because the schematic that sent me, seems to be for these versions
    For that, in the Web. the files ModChips mentioned for normal consoles is for the "9002.Hex" version, which I think is the one with my console now.

Can you please try to guide me with this programmer, but if not, touch me build another programmer "JDM Programmer" for example and that makes me angry because I have the Genius G540, that is the one I use here with not problem for other models of PIC, need your help for this PIC 12C508A for burnt?
    Here is the link to download the software that I have: G54Eng.rar
    I wanted to ask, the PIC 12C508 / A, 12C509 / A are not rewritable, but the whole series F, which includes the one you gave me, if rewritable 12F629
    In my work, I programed the 12F509 for decoders and if it goes wrong, erase and record again, tell me if I'm right?

If you can I appreciate your help.
    Last edited by EngelP; 4th-November-2012 at 14:46.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hi,
    I hope I do not get tired of me, and can answer.....

Try recording the PIC but I get an error (freezes in the middle of the schedule or closes at the end with an incorrect parameter and verify it says well) when copying and already lost 3 PIC, surely some mistake I have set the parameters of my PIC program recorder. I was reading on the Web. and most Pre-sets the controller IC Prog to record these PIC of the PSX and PS2, but none has been recorded with the Genius G540 which is what I have.
    The files that you send my ".Hex", are for versions, Stealth 2.8A EU? Because the schematic that sent me, seems to be for these versions
    For that, in the Web. the files ModChips mentioned for normal consoles is for the "9002.Hex" version, which I think is the one with my console now.

Can you please try to guide me with this programmer, but if not, touch me build another programmer "JDM Programmer" for example and that makes me angry because I have the Genius G540, that is the one I use here with not problem for other models of PIC, need your help for this PIC 12C508A for burnt?
    Here is the link to download the software that I have: G54Eng.rar
    I wanted to ask, the PIC 12C508 / A, 12C509 / A are not rewritable, but the whole series F, which includes the one you gave me, if rewritable 12F629
    In my work, I programed the 12F509 for decoders and if it goes wrong, erase and record again, tell me if I'm right?

If you can I appreciate your help.
    Your using IC Prog 1.6c right?

i would read through these threads.
    http://psx-scene.com/forums/f10/psx-...p-guide-84173/
    http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...ming-a-psx-pic

let me know how things go.
    Last edited by Zer0-2k11; 4th-November-2012 at 15:07.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0-2k11 View Post
    Your using IC Prog 1.6c right?

i would read through these threads.
    http://psx-scene.com/forums/f10/psx-...p-guide-84173/
    http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...ming-a-psx-pic

let me know how things go.
    I commented, I read about IC Prog on the Web and download it from your link and install, but does not recognize my Harware "Genius G540", therefore so try to burn with my "Genius G540" and its software, Which is what I put the Link above.
    All programmers are not equal to burn these Hex?
    Or yours Software and Hardware are specific for the PSX or PS2, etc..?

Posd. The Links that sent me, talk about how to program this PIC but with other programmers, but they are different to mine GENIUS G540, so it seems that they are also Setups different in to the program. I'll try anyway, this time with PIC 12F629 rewritable.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-November-2012 at 18:47. Reason: Please use edit instead of double posting :)

Thanks
    EP Points

I commented, I read about IC Prog on the Web and download it from your link and install, but does not recognize my Harware "Genius G540", therefore so try to burn with my "Genius G540" and its software, Which is what I put the Link above.
    All programmers are not equal to burn these Hex?
    Or yours Software and Hardware are specific for the PSX or PS2, etc..?

Posd. The Links that sent me, talk about how to program this PIC but with other programmers, but they are different to mine GENIUS G540, so it seems that they are also Setups different in to the program. I'll try anyway, this time with PIC 12F629 rewritable.
    I dont have a programmer but will be buying one sometime soon. i never had experience programming pics before but i have been studying on it. I wish i could help you further on this.
    Try this program it might detect your pic programmer http://www.ozitronics.com/download/DIYpack25ep.zip

*edit* your remembering to read the blank pic and taking note of the last 4 digits and putting them back in when you load the hex right? Also make sure you disable fuse protect
    Last edited by Zer0-2k11; 7th-November-2012 at 09:01.

Thanks

I dont have a programmer but will be buying one sometime soon. I wish i could help you further on this, i never had experience programming pics before but i have been studying on it. I wish i could help you further on this.
    Try this program it might detect your pic programmer http://www.ozitronics.com/download/DIYpack25ep.zip

*edit* your remembering to read the blank pic and taking note of the last 4 digits and putting them back in when you load the hex right? Also make sure you disable fuse protect
    Ok, understood, but where is the parameter of "Fuse Protection" in my Software Genius G540?

I also read about it in the link you posted, you can download the software for my G540 Genius, I sent in the previous post, please install this program, is small, if you boot probably will ask you to install the harware, no matter, running, and open up the software to see all the parameters you have, to see if he can help.

Note: This software yes is running in Windows 7 64bit, But with hardware which I use?
    Where he got this software (DIYpack25ep.zip)?

In the official website of DIY Electronics, which I downloaded from the Web, not run on Win7 x64bit 0.0
    I'm looking at that you sent me, ok. Just missing the hardware, would have to build one, and I really do not know what to do.

Thanks...
    Last edited by EngelP; 6th-November-2012 at 02:28.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok, understood, but where is the parameter of "Fuse Protection" in my Software Genius G540?

I also read about it in the link you posted, you can download the software for my G540 Genius, I sent in the previous post, please install this program, is small, if you boot probably will ask you to install the harware, no matter, running, and open up the software to see all the parameters you have, to see if he can help.

Note: This software yes is running in Windows 7 64bit, But with hardware which I use?
    Where he got this software (DIYpack25ep.zip)?

In the official website of DIY Electronics, which I downloaded from the Web, not run on Win7 x64bit 0.0
    I'm looking at that you sent me, ok. Just missing the hardware, would have to build one, and I really do not know what to do.

Thanks...
    Just give me 1 hr im going to check out your software and see what steps is needed
    I'm in the middle of reformatting windows. I'm using my phone to post this

*Update* Just checked out your official Genius 540 software and the only thing i could see is.

Operation----->Unprotect. Clicking on that would probly disable the fuse protection.
    Its greyed out (Cant click on it because i dont have the programmer) so theres not much i can do from there.
    Last edited by Zer0-2k11; 6th-November-2012 at 07:37.

Thanks

Attachment 35379Attachment 35380
    Just give me 1 hr im going to check out your software and see what steps is needed
    I'm in the middle of reformatting windows. I'm using my phone to post this

*Update* Just checked out your official Genius 540 software and the only thing i could see is.

Operation----->Unprotect. Clicking on that would probly disable the fuse protection.
    Its greyed out (Cant click on it because i dont have the programmer) so theres not much i can do from there.
    Look, I just bought the PIC 12F629, this PIC apparently me more setting possibilities opens when you select them, you put them so you see:
    If I select "Read Configuration" (to read the default settings of the PIC) selected this:

Encrypt_Configuration:
    BG1 = 1
    BGO = 1
    CPD = 1
    CP = 1
    BODEN = 1
    MLCRE = 1
    PWRET = 1
    WDTE = 1
    FOCS2 = 1
    FOSC1 = 1
    FOSC0 = 1
    Refer to DISK_2 PIC_CONF.doc

Sequence Progam:
    Erase
    blank
    Program
    Verify
    Encrypt

"Look at the difference when only the PIC 12C508A out this":

Encrypt_Configuration:

MCLR = 1
    CP = 1
    WDTE = 1
    FOSC1 = 1
    FOSC0 = 1
    Refer to DISK_2 PIC_CONF.doc

Sequence Progam:
    blank
    Program
    Verify
    Encrypt

NOTE 1:
    I'm just now doing tests with the 12F629 OK.
    If I'm not mistaken, I have already detected some parameters for these PIC:

FOR PIC 12C5XX Configuration:
    PIC 12C5XX Configuration.jpg

FOR PIC 12F6XX Configuration:
    PIC_CONFIG PIC12F6XX_a. bmp.jpg
    PIC_CONFIG PIC12F6XX_b. bmp.jpg

NOTE 2:
    CP = the "Protection Code" or "Fuse Protection", is it the same?
    This value, which I previously used for recording both 1 and 0 (Activated and Deactivated), the error is the same for the PIC 12C508/509 not tried it yet with PIC 12F629, I'm on it.

NOTE 3:
    I say put the internal OSC, if you look at the second figure (FOR PIC 12F6XX Configuration) sees that you have to change the values ​​of "FOSC2" ocsilador to allow the switch to "internal", if I remember correctly, I show a window when I click on "Set Configuration", in my Genius G540 programmer, what should I do here?

Sorry, the FSCO change must be either 1 or 0, not 10, the problem is that I have three Setup of FSCO
    FSCO0
    FSCO1
    FSCO2

I do not understand, Which should I choose here?
    2012-11-06_21-43-44-847.jpg
    Last edited by EngelP; 7th-November-2012 at 02:50.

Thanks
    EP Points

Major change in settings. this should be the correct settings (just updated pictures and settings).

I believe it is the same. from what i just looked up and if my theory is correct, here's a setup i would try out, it seems like this setup would work.
    BGO = 1
    CPD = 0 (Need this turned off 0=Disable?)
    CP = 0 (Need this turned off 0=Disable?)
    BODEN = 1
    MLCRE = 0 (Need this turned off 0=Disable?)
    PWRET = 0 (Need this turned off 0=Disable?)
    WDTE = 0 (Need this turned off 0=Disable?)
    FOCS2 = 1 (should be set to "Internal Oscillator")
    FOSC1 = 0 (should be set to "Internal Oscillator")
    FOSC0 = 0 (should be set to "Internal Oscillator")

*Just a friendly reminder* Make sure you write down the CALIB value when you read the blank chip then load the hex "MM3usa12f629.hex" and enter that CALIB value that your wrote down from the blank chip.

*Another Note* Use this setup.
    Should be set like this

Correct Settings.jpg
    Last edited by Zer0-2k11; 7th-November-2012 at 08:02.

Thanks

Major change in settings. this should be the correct settings (just updated pictures and settings).

I believe it is the same. from what i just looked up and if my theory is correct, here's a setup i would try out, it seems like this setup would work.
    BGO = 1
    CPD = 0 (Need this turned off 0=Disable?)
    CP = 0 (Need this turned off 0=Disable?)
    BODEN = 1
    MLCRE = 0 (Need this turned off 0=Disable?)
    PWRET = 0 (Need this turned off 0=Disable?)
    WDTE = 0 (Need this turned off 0=Disable?)
    FOCS2 = 1 (should be set to "Internal Oscillator")
    FOSC1 = 0 (should be set to "Internal Oscillator")
    FOSC0 = 0 (should be set to "Internal Oscillator")

*Just a friendly reminder* Make sure you write down the CALIB value when you read the blank chip then load the hex "MM3usa12f629.hex" and enter that CALIB value that your wrote down from the blank chip.

*Another Note* Use this setup.
    Should be set like this

Correct Settings.jpg
    Could you please explain better what you mean with "write down the value CALIB", sorry if I do not understand
    I do not know if you mean the last figure 4 I put?

IMPORTANT!
    When we talk about the file "MM3usa12f629.HEX"
    Is this the famous file "Stealth 2.8"????

Steps when selecting the Hex file:
    2012-11-07_07-39-16-748.jpg
    2012-11-07_07-40-21-879.jpg
    2012-11-07_07-41-08-479.jpg
    2012-11-07_07-41-56-540.png

I put all the parameters to record it, as you indicate, but the console can not read it either, something happens or missing in the record. If I connect the old PIC, everything works fine as before.
    What, I'm doing wrong?
    Last edited by EngelP; 10th-November-2012 at 02:44. Reason: Mistake