Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spyro the Dragon 3 - Year of the Dragon [NTSC-U] ISO is V1.0 or v1.1, included Patch?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 166 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by EngelP View Post
    Could you please explain better what you mean with "write down the value CALIB", sorry if I do not understand
    I do not know if you mean the last figure 4 I put?

IMPORTANT!
    When we talk about the file "MM3usa12f629.HEX"
    Is this the famous file "Stealth 2.8"????

Steps when selecting the Hex file:
    Attachment 35389
    Attachment 35390
    Attachment 35391
    Attachment 35392
    This hex file is called "Multi-Mode 3.00" its better than stealth 2.8.

For the picture of step 1 it shouldnt be "3FFF" by the way its should be something like this "0C XX" XX= Any number
    step1.png
    step2.jpg
    step3.png
    *please write a new post everytime after someone replys. Sometimes it hard to know if you posted something new*

*Another update*
    From what i hear you saying, something goes wrong when you load the hex?. Post a couple screen shots of that issue i might be able to figure it out.
    If your programming the chip without entering the CALIB value (See above) then it could fail.
    Last edited by Zer0-2k11; 18th-December-2013 at 19:49.

I notice my uploads are taken down, i am the the process of reuploading
    If you like any of my uploads, be sure to hit the "Thanks" button
    Every month i try to add new games. For my list of uploads, check out here
    Need your console modded?, check out my store here

Thanks

OK, I'm reading the Chip White with my GENIUS G540, this is what I have to write (FFFF)?

2012-11-09_22-20-48-794.jpg2012-11-09_22-42-26-657.jpg2012-11-09_22-59-35-658.jpg2012-11-09_23-07-53-659.jpg2012-11-09_23-10-08-660.jpg

Now what should I do?
    Last edited by EngelP; 10th-November-2012 at 04:43.

Thanks
    EP Points

Alright yes, thats got to be the calibration value..."24 34". Now goto Address line "00007F0"...after you load the hex "mm3usa12f629" and type in "24 34" in that spot (Dont copy and paste...Type it in) where you showed in the picture where it says "A two quarter of position". Then after you program the chip, make sure to verify it..."24 34" should be the only thing different after you verified it.

*Update* Let me know how things go. Im curious myself, this is an awesome learning experience.

2012-11-09_23-10-08-660.jpg
    Last edited by Zer0-2k11; 10th-November-2012 at 07:56.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0-2k11 View Post
    *Edited*
    Alright yes, thats got to be the calibration value..."24 34". Now goto Address line "00007F0"...after you load the hex "mm3usa12f629" and type in "24 34" in that spot (Dont copy and paste...Type it in) where you showed in the picture where it says "A two quarter of position". Then after you program the chip, make sure to verify it..."24 34" should be the only thing different after you verified it.

*Update* Let me know how things go. Im curious myself, this is an awesome learning experience.

2012-11-09_23-10-08-660.jpg
    Ok, I almost did it, the console now spends screening test, but it freezes in the first stage.

Screenshot PSX.png

I want you to look,the reading the Chip 12F629 in the figure, after recording such instructions yours. Why is blank all the first part?

Load File HEX MM3 ( 2334) with GENIUS G540_01.jpg2012-11-09_23-10-08-661_2.png
    Last edited by EngelP; 11th-November-2012 at 15:48.

Thanks
    EP Points

*Edited*

i think the chip was recorded correctly if it booted a burned game to that screen so i wouldnt worry about it being blank.

Try using a original disc first and see if it boots up. it could also be the iso you burned... try a different iso and make sure to burn it as slow as possible.

Try burning this game and see if it boots up correctly: http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...J-SLPS-91079-*

Also clean the lens of your ps1 with a cotton swab (Q-Tip) and wet one end of the cotton swab with some glass cleaner and softly clean the lens and dry it with the other end.

What CD-R media are you using?
    Last edited by Zer0-2k11; 11th-November-2012 at 18:14.

Thanks

*Edited*

i think the chip was recorded correctly if it booted a burned game to that screen so i wouldnt worry about it being blank.

Try using a original disc first and see if it boots up. it could also be the iso you burned... try a different iso and make sure to burn it as slow as possible.

Try burning this game and see if it boots up correctly: http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...J-SLPS-91079-*

Also clean the lens of your ps1 with a cotton swab (Q-Tip) and wet one end of the cotton swab and softly clean the lens and dry it with the other end.

What CD-R media are you using?
    I find it strange that all data should be (00 00 00 00) and on the right side is not displayed neither the recorded data, this is normal?
    Why?

Well, I'll try to do what I asked and I notice.
    Indeed, the circuit for the installation of HEX Stealth is almost identical to MM3, just for a point (1pin), which of these two systems is the last?

Thanks...
    Last edited by EngelP; 11th-November-2012 at 22:21.

Thanks
    EP Points

I find it strange that all data should be (00 00 00 00) and on the right side is not displayed neither the recorded data, this is normal?
    Why?

Well, I'll try to do what I asked and I notice.
    Indeed, the circuit for the installation of HEX Stealth is almost identical to MM3, just for a point (1pin), which of these two systems is the last?

Thanks...
    It could be normal that its all blank, To be honest im not too sure as im a beginner myself when it comes to burning pics.
    I believe MM3 is the last hex to be made.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zer0-2k11 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It could be normal that its all blank, To be honest im not too sure as im a beginner myself when it comes to burning pics.
    I believe MM3 is the last hex to be made.
    We managed to record the PIC, congratulations!

You were right, even when blank, seems to work, the reader of my console, believe it or not, it's new, I wanted to change it for read all CD without problems.
    Mount a CD PSX original (DEMO) and Spyro 3 original (no patch) and it works fine without stopping.

I also read something about putting an LED to see the readings of send DATA Chips, tell me this circuit can be mounted on the circuit you sent me, as a curiosity?
    LED Sending PSX Chip.jpg

Good, GooD...
    photo.jpg

Come on, help me with this now
    Now, do the tests with the PIC 12F509 (I think it is equal to the 12C509, which is only regravable), and I can not read either, with the same procedure, but select the "MM3USA.HEX​​".
    Can you tell me why?, Perhaps the Setups in this process are different now? It is a curiosity.

Guino-Blink-Picar-El-Ojo-Smiley2.jpg

Thanks
    EP Points

We managed to record the PIC, congratulations!

You were right, even when blank, seems to work, the reader of my console, believe it or not, it's new, I wanted to change it for read all CD without problems.
    Mount a CD PSX original (DEMO) and Spyro 3 original (no patch) and it works fine without stopping.

I also read something about putting an LED to see the readings of send DATA Chips, tell me this circuit can be mounted on the circuit you sent me, as a curiosity?
    LED Sending PSX Chip.jpg

Good, GooD...
    photo.jpg

Come on, help me with this now
    Now, do the tests with the PIC 12F509 (I think it is equal to the 12C509, which is only regravable), and I can not read either, with the same procedure, but select the "MM3USA.HEX​​".
    Can you tell me why?, Perhaps the Setups in this process are different now? It is a curiosity.

Guino-Blink-Picar-El-Ojo-Smiley2.jpg
    that's awesome that everything worked out. Enjoy your unstoppable PSX .
    I'm gonna make a quick guide for anyone that has a genius programmer and wants to make their own modchip .

the led mod for the mod chip. I've haven't seen a guide on that but ill do some research to see how its done.

Apparently 12F509 has issues programming the MM3 hex as well as 12E509 but some say its works and some say they have trouble with them. It's a little different from 12F629 settings but can teach you as its the same steps for 12c508, 12c508a, 12c509 and 12c509a but its not guaranteed it will work.

*Update*
    If you would want to try to program a 12F509. Just made a guide, follow the 12C508/A 12C509/A instructions.
    also let me know how it goes. it will also let me know if i made this guide correctly.
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    Last edited by Zer0-2k11; 13th-November-2012 at 22:36.

Thanks

that's awesome that everything worked out. Enjoy your unstoppable PSX .
    I'm gonna make a quick guide for anyone that has a genius programmer and wants to make their own modchip .

the led mod for the mod chip. I've haven't seen a guide on that but ill do some research to see how its done.

Apparently 12F509 has issues programming the MM3 hex as well as 12E509 but some say its works and some say they have trouble with them. It's a little different from 12F629 settings but can teach you as its the same steps for 12c508, 12c508a, 12c509 and 12c509a but its not guaranteed it will work.

*Update*
    If you would want to try to program a 12F509. Just made a guide, follow the 12C508/A 12C509/A instructions.
    also let me know how it goes. it will also let me know if i made this guide correctly.
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    OK, friend me would have liked to try the PIC 12F509 for testing before recording 12C508 & 509, in this way, you can better complete its "Manual Guide", we know that this is old equipment, but at least it has a good guide for those who need it. I appreciate you including me in your guide, thank you for that we are friends.

I'll do some last tests with this PIC 12F509 with your guide and upload the images you capture, if you help me solve, I will carry out ​​a recording of a PIC 12C508 or 12C509 and see if it works, if not, we discarded the MM3 system for this PICs.

What do you think?

Posd. I see you're a fan of "Dragon Ball" jajaja, lol ...
    I download this game, I'm a little busy with work, but I'll have some time to devote to this Web, pending ok.
    Last edited by EngelP; 13th-November-2012 at 23:15.

Thanks
    EP Points

OK, friend me would have liked to try the PIC 12F509 for testing before recording 12C508 & 509, in this way, you can better complete its "Manual Guide", we know that this is old equipment, but at least it has a good guide for those who need it. I appreciate you including me in your guide, thank you for that we are friends.

I'll do some last tests with this PIC 12F509 with your guide and upload the images you capture, if you help me solve, I will carry out ​​a recording of a PIC 12C508 or 12C509 and see if it works, if not, we discarded the MM3 system for this PICs.

What do you think?

Posd. I see you're a fan of "Dragon Ball" jajaja, lol ...
    I download this game, I'm a little busy with work, but I'll have some time to devote to this Web, pending ok.
    Your welcome and of course dude. I'll help you with pic 12f509 for sure, you got my word . After this whole experience I've decided on buying myself a small PIC programmer and a couple 12f629's . Your equipment may be old but at least it can do the job. You'll never know if someone has this same programmer and they might've gotten it for a yard sale or a family member just for this purpose to find that its different from other pic programmers. lol yeah im pretty much a big of dragonball but also its small sized game as well and i know it works . burned games work right?
    Last edited by Zer0-2k11; 14th-November-2012 at 09:02.

Thanks

The status LED feature was removed from the MM3 code.