Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying R4 Cards in UK???

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Clarke View Post
    Also, one more question.... If I buy it without a Micro SD card, which i will most likely do, will I have to download and install the software for it myself, and if yes how would I go about doing this????
    The software you are referring to should be readily available on the site you purchase the flash cart from. You should not have to "install" anything; simply drag and drop to the microSD card.
    Make sure you buy a fast microSD card. Class 6 or higher.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Why would the site you buy it from have the software??

You get it from the official site http://www.acekard.com/download.php

AKAIO is what the Acekard2i uses, you can ignore the firmware updates as you are using a DSLite not a DSi or 3DS

If you do need help at the time you are more than welcome to ask

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

R4 are junk don't do it

also don't double post, learn to use edit (lower right of ever post you make)

Official... lol tons of sites are official retailers go to the official sites and they list who they sell through, the above is one of the cheapest though for UK buyers

As for 3DS updated firmware, well this only effects you if you update the 3DS I'm currently on 4.3.0-10 and waiting for the Acekard team to release there update, last time they didn't bother posting an update (maybe in hope they wouldn't get blocked) I ended up e-mailing them for the update, as far as I know there has not been any new features added by the latest update and the only thing that you are prevented from doing is looking at the e-shop that personly I never buy anything from

for a NDSLite user you need never worry about these updates anyway just update the latest AKAIO for the Acekard2i that controls the compatability of the DS roms
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-October-2012 at 09:58.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

i tried using digital yeah but they wouldn't accept my card because I only have a VISA ELECTRON, hmm... gunna have to try and find another site.